home

Author Topic: Tactical Decision Game 1.6 (Emp Turn 6 vs Ogrebus!)  (Read 11969 times)

Offline Holy Hand Grenade

• Members
  • Never leave the Province without it...
Re: Tactical Decision Game 1.6 (Emp Turn 6 vs Ogrebus!)
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2012, 09:05:56 AM »
Feel free to still post on the questions I posed earlier, but I want to open this up to our next TDG:

What army type are you most interested in?  Either one you want to learn more about....or you one you are tired of losing to and want to see how other Generals take them down?

I have a tournament-style list we can use for Vampire Counts, Daemons, Dark Elves, High Elves, Beastmen and O&G. 
(One benefit in going with Dark Elves is I have a skilled General we can go up against that would make it a challenge).  Let me know if you have the same for any army we are interested in.

So-- voice your opinion.  Let's hear what you want.

Also-  do you like the current format?  Any suggestions for improvement?  We already talked about going with 4-5 day voting periods between each TDG segment so I think that is set.

Let me know!
If at first you don't succeed...you either don't have enough faith or you need to bring more explosives

HHG's TDG/TEG Dice Tracker

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2012, 09:19:31 AM »
I would be interested in

Vampire Counts,

Skaven,

Dark Elves

As they pose the biggest problems to myself in a matchup, this doesnīt mean that Empire canīt win against them but they are usually very tough nuts to crack.

What I would like is a bit list discussion pre game, doesnīt have to be the *perfect* Empire list but for example one cannon is playing to the strengths of Empire causing problems to a myriad of units that cause problems to the most of Empires units, like Terrorgheists, Warp lightning cannons, Dragon riders, Screaming bell etc.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 09:21:51 AM by Fandir Nightshade »

Offline Dnic

• Members
« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2012, 09:26:29 AM »
The TDG was great :) And i hope you will take us from deployment, to the end, again, on the next one.

Next time i will love to see either Dwarf gunline - Because it will be fun to se how a skilled general vil adapt to a enemy there take what we are best at, and use it against us.

Or a MSU Wood elf army - Because i often play against this type of wood elf, and I find it hard to win, with out castle in a corner and play point-denial

• Members
« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2012, 09:30:30 AM »
What I would like is a bit list discussion pre game,

I meant to mention this...but I planned to have some decision discussions pre-game on the type of list-  cav heavy, balanced, etc.
If at first you don't succeed...you either don't have enough faith or you need to bring more explosives

• Members
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2012, 09:37:01 AM »
I would advise against a dwarven gunline because one army being static only makes for a less interesting game.

How can anyone lose to Wood Elves?

:Ohmy: :Ohmy: :Ohmy:

Offline Soapstar

• Members
« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2012, 09:47:46 AM »
Demons of chaos as I rarely get to play them.

MSU style vampire counts as they've given me problems in the past against a balanced Empire army.

I say those two as I would be interested in seeing tactics against them rather than because I think they are a bad matchup for us. I'm sure there are easy(ish) ways to defeat them but I have little experience with them so selfishly would like to see that!

Offline Dnic

• Members
« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2012, 10:36:37 AM »
How can anyone lose to Wood Elves?
It easy to win against them if you castle. But that is boring for both players.

Where its get hard to win, are when u move out and fight them H2H.
Because they will just swarm your. Eat u soft stof. dodge and shot you infantry. And at last, kill your bloks with combi charge.  :-)

• Members
« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2012, 10:45:17 AM »
Knights?!

• Members
« Reply #58 on: September 07, 2012, 10:50:20 AM »
Knights?!

Speaking of Knights....depending on what kind of army we play against I was thinking going a little cav heavy would give us some different tactical dynamics to work through. 

• Members
« Reply #59 on: September 07, 2012, 10:54:08 AM »
How knight heavy ? I would love to see the war altar in action and a bsbasus

Offline Soapstar

• Members
« Reply #60 on: September 07, 2012, 10:56:45 AM »
Me too I'm currently putting together a cavalry heavy list so would be nice to play around with ideas and get other peoples views.

• Members
« Reply #61 on: September 07, 2012, 10:58:58 AM »
How knight heavy ? I would love to see the war altar in action and a bsbasus

We would have to toss a few ideas out there.  I would also like to see our beloved War Altar on the scene...   :::cheers:::

• Members
« Reply #62 on: September 07, 2012, 11:05:11 AM »
Pistoliers.....one or two units of 6 with champion.

We could go really wild and use a Grandmaster and Arch Lector as Lord choices with 2 lvl 2 casters, priests and a bsb as hero choices. we will have to weather one or two magic phases before we are in cc with most of the stuff....dispel scroll, feedbackscroll and 5 channeling dices could be enough.

I really would like both a Grandmaster and the AL on Altar in there, with 2 lvl 2 light mages we could have fun.

Hmmmmm how about this

2 Lords: 540 Pts.   21.6%
4 Heroes: 567 Pts.   22.6%
4 Core Units: 610 Pts.   24.4%
3 Elite Units: 532 Pts.   21.2%
1 Rare Unit: 250 Pts.   10.0%

***************  2 Lords  *************** 

Grand Master, Shield, Lance
+  Runefang, The ohter Trickster's Shard
- - - > 266 Points

Erzlektor
+  Heavy Armour
+  War Altar
+  Opal Amulet, Enchanted Shield
- - - > 274 Points

***************  4 Heroes  *************** 

Battle Wizard, Level 2 Upgrade
+  Steed, Barding
+  Dispell Scroll
+  Lore of Light
- - - > 141 Points

Battle Wizard, Level 2 Upgrade
+  Steed, Barding
+  Feedback Scroll
+  Lore of Light
- - - > 166 Points

Kriegspriester
+  Heavy Armour, Shield
+  Steed, Barding
- - - > 85 Points

Hauptmann des Imperiums
+  Lance, Full Plate Armour, Shield
+  Pegasus
+  Dawnstone, Charmed Shield
+ Battlestandard Bearer
- - - > 175 Points

***************  4 Core Units  *************** 

5 Knights of the Order, Lances, Champion
- - - > 120 Points

5 Knights of the Order, Lances, Champion
- - - > 120 Points

10 Knights of the Order, Lances, Ritter des Inneren Zirkels, Musician, Standardbearer, Champion
- - - > 280 Points

10 Crossbowmen
- - - > 90 Points

***************  3 Elite Units  *************** 

6 Pistoliers, Musician
- - - > 118 Points

4 Demigreifen-Ritter, Champion
- - - > 242 Points

6 Ritter der Reichsgarde, Champion
- - - > 172 Points

***************  1 Rare Unit  *************** 

Steam Tank
- - - > 250 Points

Total Points Empire : 2499
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 11:13:44 AM by Fandir Nightshade »

Offline Dnic

• Members
« Reply #63 on: September 07, 2012, 11:16:51 AM »
Knights?!
Bow of loren + arcane bodkins + beats magic :)

But
Pistoliers.....one or two units of 6 with champion.

We could go really wild and use a Grandmaster and Arch Lector as Lord choices with 2 lvl 2 casters, priests and a bsb as hero choices. we will have to weather one or two magic phases before we are in cc with most of the stuff....dispel scroll, feedbackscroll and 5 channeling dices could be enough.

I really would like both a Grandmaster and the AL on Altar in there, with 2 lvl 2 light mages we could have fun.

Sound fun to see ind action :)

Offline zifnab0

• Members
« Reply #64 on: September 07, 2012, 11:34:44 AM »
Hmmmmm how about this
Apart from some of the German titles, looks good!

My vote is to face off against VC or DE.

• Members
« Reply #65 on: September 07, 2012, 11:47:24 AM »
Learn some proper Reikspiel you heathen.

:happy:

Offline Krudenwald

• Members
  • "Even Unto Death"
« Reply #66 on: September 07, 2012, 12:46:06 PM »
I vote for VC or DE.

It's true that I play against VC on a regular basis, but I learned so much on the last TDG that I'd love to see what I'm missing against VC.

Having said that, DE (with a competent general) sounds like a blast. The only Druchii players around here are young... and not very good.
No, I'm sending it to people I reckon I can trust. Or, at least, people I think I can murder should it become neccesary.

• Members
« Reply #67 on: September 07, 2012, 07:34:22 PM »
It sounds like DE, VC, and Daemons are high on the list.

I like the thought of going against tough tournament-style army/lists because if you are mentally prepared for them, you are prepared for anything.

I think we will have TDGs on all the above at some point.  Right now I am leaning towards DE first and then VC or Daemons unless we have a bunch of other people chime in.

Also-  need some more comments on army type-  balanced, cav heavy, infantry-based, etc.

Offline mottdon

• Members
« Reply #68 on: September 07, 2012, 08:00:07 PM »
I would love to see VC next.  That is the army I have the most problems with and would love to see some alternate/new strategies.  Also, after thoroughly enjoying this round, I will definitely chime in on the following matches!  Great Job! :::cheers:::

Offline Dnic

• Members
« Reply #69 on: September 07, 2012, 08:20:11 PM »
Fandir Nightshade army list look fun, but because iam normal play infantry-based/balanced list. Will I set my "vote" there  :smile2:

Offline Bildskoene Bengtsson

• Members
« Reply #70 on: September 07, 2012, 08:26:35 PM »
I'm voting balanced list going up against some of them pointy eared slavers from across the ocean.

Offline Friar Metick

• Members
  • Talks with hammer!
« Reply #71 on: September 07, 2012, 08:32:47 PM »
As for the armies to play, I have no preference, our local store has several very good players that bring VC, DE, CD, Daemons, Beastmen, Ogres, O&G, Lizards, Dwarves, HE's, and empire. The only armies I don't see much of are skaven, tomb kings, Dogs of war, Bretonians, and Woodies.

The questions I have about the make up of an empire army is:

1. Does HHG and/or everyone want to build a list per battle according to what we are up against?

2. Does HHG and/or everyone want to build a well rounded/all around tournament list to face each army challenge?

3. Does HHG and/or anyone want to build an all around tournament list and use it against every opponent to see how it fairs? Then try to tweak it afterwards based on the results of all the battles? (Maybe it would be too many battles to debate at once)

HHG you should have the greatest say in this cause you are doing the bulk of the work and you've done a superlative job so far. Thanks for asking about input into the list makeup, that puts a lot more on you.

Almost forgot, I have been running a cav heavy list since May and love it. So my vote is for a cav all comers list.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 08:41:58 PM by Friar Metick »
Blessed be those who game.

Friar Metick

• Members
« Reply #72 on: September 07, 2012, 08:52:22 PM »
Good questions Friar.

I think I want to mix it up every time we do it for something new and fresh.  I like the idea of a standard tournie list....but then I think we would miss out on thinking about/using everything not on that list.

My thoughts on what to try for the next TDG-   is to have several different list submissions.  We will vote on them and refine it down to 2.  We will form up 2 teams, one for each list.  Each list will simultaneously fight the bad guys we pick-  so in other words, we will have 2 battles running at the same time.

Not only will this give us lots of opportunities to analyze situations, but we can see what list worked better and why...and last but not least, it will also be a healthy competition between forum members!

As always, open for comments/thoughts.    :::cheers:::

Offline Friar Metick

• Members
  • Talks with hammer!
« Reply #73 on: September 07, 2012, 11:52:41 PM »
Good questions Friar.

I think I want to mix it up every time we do it for something new and fresh.  I like the idea of a standard tournie list....but then I think we would miss out on thinking about/using everything not on that list.

My thoughts on what to try for the next TDG-   is to have several different list submissions.  We will vote on them and refine it down to 2.  We will form up 2 teams, one for each list.  Each list will simultaneously fight the bad guys we pick-  so in other words, we will have 2 battles running at the same time.

Not only will this give us lots of opportunities to analyze situations, but we can see what list worked better and why...and last but not least, it will also be a healthy competition between forum members!

As always, open for comments/thoughts.    :::cheers:::

Good idea, sounds great. Do you have enough models to run two games at once or is it all simulated?
Blessed be those who game.

Friar Metick

• Members
« Reply #74 on: September 08, 2012, 12:11:06 AM »
Good idea, sounds great. Do you have enough models to run two games at once or is it all simulated?

Plenty of models... but I will most likely simulate it so I don't have to keep table space occupied for such a long period.