home

Author Topic: Gamer thread  (Read 805935 times)

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
Re: Gamer thread
« Reply #11425 on: August 31, 2019, 09:04:48 PM »
You are missing the point that is ll about you. You are Corbyn, as it were. They agree with the offical ultimate gowal, but they all hate your personality and politics, and do not beleive the ultimate goal is actually your goal. Step down in favour of someone who is more acceptable, and you'll get your confederation.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #11426 on: September 01, 2019, 12:38:40 AM »
I've had that problem with the dwarves. Remember there's a cool down on confederation and you need to wait X time before you can confed someone else. It's possible you're still stuck on the cooldown.

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #11427 on: September 01, 2019, 02:57:29 AM »
Its been about 30 turns since I've confederated anyone. I think the key is they need their armies depleted so they feel weak (and not just weak compared to me). So I have them set to assault some castle. Lets see if that can do it. I'll also try to pump up the rep to 200.
Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #11428 on: September 02, 2019, 09:34:54 PM »
Sure enough, Tiranoc fought an invasion of DE. They won but their army was cut in half and they took the confederation. Ellyrion invaded the DE as the co-ordination target and took the city loosing a portion of 2 armies and then took the confederation deal. Teclis fought off a vampire pirate invasion and had little to no army left, he confederated. I guess I just have to pay attention to their army size and when they are involved in wars.
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #11429 on: September 06, 2019, 10:15:11 PM »
The current month's humble bundle game is battetech. For 12 bucks it looks like a pretty good deal, but the reviews I was looking at are pretty mixed. Any here still playing it?

Offline Brad

• Members
« Reply #11430 on: September 07, 2019, 03:07:02 AM »
I still fire it up occasionally.  Does the price include the DLCs?  Two released so far and another planned.

Offline BAWTRM

• Members
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #11431 on: September 07, 2019, 08:58:34 PM »
BattleTech is good fun. And if you've got a computer with a bit of ooomph then you could go for the RogueTech mod and turn things up to eleven.
"...granted it isn't as retarded as having a lady popping out of your head holding a cup while humping a boar with a sword through its back, but there can only be one Brettonia."

PhillyT

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #11432 on: September 08, 2019, 05:33:44 PM »
Anyone heard of LegendOfTotalWar?
https://www.youtube.com/user/LegendofTotalWar

He's an Australian guy that does total war videos. He does the normal thing like plays the campaign, puts up top 5 videos. You know, as you do as a youtuber. But there is one thing he does that I never thought of before and its fun to watch: Disaster Campaigns. The concept is interesting. Someone plays a campaign and it goes just so wrong that they find them selves at the point of giving up. They send LoTW the save file and he loads it up and plays it for a stream. He doesn't beat the campaign for you, but rather gets you back on track and then sends it back. These videos really are fun to watch as you get some cool tips and tricks for the faction and the game in general. I've been mostly watching him play Warhammer Total War but he plays other total war games too.  They run long depending on the disaster but fun to put on in the background or watch while your painting.

Settra Does Not LOSE - Disaster Campaign
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAaGOqBr-zQ (2 hours long)

Saving Your Disaster Campaigns - Lothern Mega Screw Up
Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuCk2y6Ixnk (1 hour long)
Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wozN3Jz0ujo (1 hour long)
Part 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4YHHRalMOA (8 hours long)
― Jake the Dog

Offline BAWTRM

• Members
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #11433 on: September 08, 2019, 07:22:19 PM »
I know the concept. YouTuber ASpec did them for Stellaris as an item called Salvage Sunday.

Woefully behind on tech? While still pitifully small? And a huge Devouring Swarm has just become your neighbour? ASpec would manage to turn the game around and stomp the universe flat. Some truly superior play in those videos.
"...granted it isn't as retarded as having a lady popping out of your head holding a cup while humping a boar with a sword through its back, but there can only be one Brettonia."

PhillyT

Offline Brad

• Members
« Reply #11434 on: September 13, 2019, 10:57:16 PM »
Apparently there's some sort of update for the Empire for WH Total War?

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #11435 on: September 14, 2019, 01:49:48 AM »
Yup! A new Empire faction in the new world. Some new units as well.  :happy:
― Jake the Dog

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #11436 on: September 15, 2019, 11:22:30 AM »
I've been helping a guy play Mysteries of the sith on youtube. I've forgotten what a complete train wreck that game was

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #11437 on: September 15, 2019, 01:53:39 PM »
Is that the Jedi Knight 1 expansion with Mara Jade? I bought it but never played it... tell me what I missed out on?
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #11438 on: September 15, 2019, 05:10:07 PM »
Okay guys! Empire in TW Mortal Empires got more than just another faction. They got a complete overhaul!!!

-Balthasar Gelt gets his own faction now (Golden Order) in the province of Solland

-New Provinces and unique buildings across the empire
-Elector Count system that allows you to confederate, balance power, return provinces, etc
-A Unique unit for each elector count

New Provinces and special unique buildings (one even gives you the party from vermin tide as defenders!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTCYVQwnG3w

A new Elector count system with unique Runfangs and a special unique unit for each province:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YylhY8OB21A

I really hope sometime in the future they give us Valten and Karl can gift him Ghal Maraz and while Karl can just use his Reikland runefang. Would be cool if they gave him a mini campaign too, kind of like the Vortex Campaign but in the old world.
― Jake the Dog

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #11439 on: September 17, 2019, 01:20:12 PM »
Is that the Jedi Knight 1 expansion with Mara Jade? I bought it but never played it... tell me what I missed out on?
Indeed it is. I played it once YEARS ago and never bothered with it again. I hated seeing others suffer with it so I've been helping them.

Offline Realjuan

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Always learning
« Reply #11440 on: September 17, 2019, 02:46:00 PM »
Playing a little bit of Natucket, interesting concept. Not sure yet, but its only $6. Anyone played it before?
Trading Orcs for Empire
"Gratitude is a duty which ought to be paid, but which none have a right to expect" Jean Jacque Rousseau

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #11441 on: September 18, 2019, 02:54:55 PM »
Indeed it is. I played it once YEARS ago and never bothered with it again. I hated seeing others suffer with it so I've been helping them.

In that note, Jedi Knight 2 is being released on the Nintendo Switch.
I have fond, but brief memories of multiplayer lightsabre battles. Battles, as in like 20 people all duelling.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Realjuan

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Always learning
« Reply #11442 on: September 24, 2019, 12:54:45 PM »
Just started with mordheim, was on sale and figure why not get it before the bash.

Does accuracy help with range weapons? I suppose it does, but not 100% sure.

Random note: on the first mission, get the docks the name is Quayside. I would had never guess that was the correct pronunciation
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 12:58:02 PM by Realjuan »
Trading Orcs for Empire
"Gratitude is a duty which ought to be paid, but which none have a right to expect" Jean Jacque Rousseau

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
« Reply #11443 on: September 29, 2019, 06:11:54 PM »
This looks quite interesting:

Hell Split Arena: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1039880/Hellsplit_Arena/

"VR horror-slasher with physically correct combat system and dynamic battles across arenas in the dark fantasy world."

Offline Brad

• Members
« Reply #11444 on: October 04, 2019, 10:54:56 PM »
Been playing a bit of The Surge 2.  Plays very much like the first one, with a few tweaks.

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #11445 on: November 23, 2019, 05:15:05 AM »
So a week ago I posted this on Imgur:
"Skip all the reboots and retellings, when are we going to finally get this movie?"
https://imgur.com/gallery/pymemTz

Well fast forward to today, I log into steam and guess what the fuck it recommends me:
Terminator: Resistance
https://store.steampowered.com/app/954740/Terminator_Resistance/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2e7R4krvBE

Its getting decent reviews so far, and on top of that its only $39.99 as opposed to most new games standard $59.99
― Jake the Dog

Offline Brad

• Members
« Reply #11446 on: November 23, 2019, 07:31:07 PM »
I'm not a big fan of the Star Wars IP in general, but the new game is not bad.  It plays like an Uncharted or Tomb Raider.  Controls are a bit janky and there are some optimisation issues, but overall it has a certain charm to it.

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #11447 on: December 02, 2019, 03:04:30 PM »
So the new Total War Warhammer 2 DLC looks interesting. Skaven is getting clan Eshin along with a bunch of new units, Dark Elves are getting Malus Darkblade along with some new units as well. Bretonnia is getting some free-DLC with a couple of new lords. Repanse de Lyonesse and Henri le Massif.

link in case you need to zoom in for the picture: https://i.redd.it/2uy5sxnsqs141.png

Here's a nice breakdown video on the new Skaven units and lords along with the Bretonnians. He Also does a quick battle to showcase the new Skaven units.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kPaVzEtADY

And of course, as soon as I post that video, he releases one on the new DE lords and units:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTmkzXibSYg
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 03:20:07 PM by Feanor Fire Heart »
― Jake the Dog

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #11448 on: December 02, 2019, 06:17:20 PM »
Reading more into the Repanse FLC. Looks like she will have her own faction and is playable in the Vortex Campaign. I am curious where they will place her on the map or if they'll make her into a warband like they did with Nakai the Wanderer. Henri is going to be a unique Hero, not a lord, that accompanies her.
― Jake the Dog

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #11449 on: December 03, 2019, 12:03:12 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised if she replaces or adds to the Bret knightly orders in the Southlands. That's the spot that makes the most sense to me.