home

Author Topic: Kemperbad!  (Read 7827 times)

Offline Zack

• Members
Kemperbad!
« on: June 28, 2003, 04:40:21 AM »
Well, I was choosing how to paint my Empire army, and One day I chose a certain scheme, the next day another, and I never could really decide. I read in the army book, that you can go do your own schemes based on other Cities of the Empire (e.g. Bogenhafen and such) So I searched online and found this awesome map.

http://home-5.tiscali.nl/~haagweg/rik/maps/empire1.jpg

(copy and past that into yur address bar)

Looking at that Map, youc an see many cities located in the Empire that aren't displayed on the maps in the army book. After much deiberation, I have chosen Kemperbad for my armys home. It is located just north of Nuln.

I figure since it is a fairly large city, they may be able to muster a 2000pt. Warhost, and that is my current goal for my army. for the Knightly Order I was thinking of making one called the "Knights Osprey" (and osprey is a bird similar to a hawk) On the nights there would be a bird theme throughout, and on the standard I may convert it to a sort of roost which has a bird on top, I was thinking of using an Eagle from the high elves for this, although it may be too large for the standard. (Oh well, we'll see) For colour schemes of the army i am going a quatered pattern using the colours snot green and golden yellow. (Looks quite good in my opinion). For this i think a white undercoat shoudl work well (As lighter colours like yellow usually take many layers to cover black). So if there is any feedback or comments, let me know!

And if I can get access to my friend's digital camera, I'll take a picture of one of the crew for my cannon who has been painted in the amry's theme colours.

P.S. Here's the link to the maps page (has several cool Empire maps)
http://home-5.tiscali.nl/~haagweg/rik/arch/empire.html
(Once again, copy and paste into addredd bar)

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
Kemperbad!
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2003, 09:51:37 AM »
Thanks for the link, that map is amazing!

I like your idea for an army. I think that Kemperbad is included in the Enemy Within campaign for WFRP - possibly Death on the Reik. If so, there might be some useful information there. I'll have to check my copy later.
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline intrepidjohnny

• Members
Kemperbad!
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2003, 03:28:30 PM »
Yes, quite nice but I think that Stirland already has a quartered green and yellow pattern so most people will take your army as a Stirland force not Kemperbad

Offline Boris Todbringer

• Members
Kemperbad!
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2003, 06:24:35 PM »
No, Stirland is green and white.
You've got questions? I've got a cannon.

Offline intrepidjohnny

• Members
Kemperbad!
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2003, 09:43:53 AM »
no, stir river patrol is green and white but you're right, stirland isn't green/yellow it's only green

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
Kemperbad!
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2003, 03:37:17 PM »
Stirland's colours are in fact yellow and green. The fourth/fifth edition Empire book is the clearest source for the provincial colours.

As for Kemperbad, Death on the Reik has a map and a couple of pages of information. The town is not subject to any provincial rule but is an independent trading town - it was granted a charter by Boris the Incompetent. A council of thirteen (echoes of the Skaven...) governs the town, elected from the wealthiest citizens.

Kemperbad is a fairly large town, and is supposedly very wealthy - it seems very likely that it would have a well-equipped standing army.
If I wanted to.

Offline Zack

• Members
Kemperbad!
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2003, 05:08:07 PM »
Well, be that as it may, im gonna go with the 6th edition, making stirland green, and stir river patrol green and white. Kemperbad's not to far west of Stirland, and I don't want to repaint the models that I have done. So, I think I'll keep it yellow/green. And Rufus, thanks a lot for that information. It makes understanding Kemperbad a lot easyier.

Offline S.O.F

• Members
Kemperbad!
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2003, 05:39:20 PM »
The Kemperbad Council aslo controls the nearby towns of Berghof, Brandenburg, Jungbach, Ostwald, and Stockhausen. This region produces the finest Brandy in the Empire of which that "Echte Brandenburger" is the Emperor's prefered brandy. Many of these towns also include ferries across the Stir and Riek. Technically Kemperbad is part of Riekland though it is located in the area that is generally part of Talabecland, but i can see the close ties to Stirland may work for you paint scheme. A mix of some regiments Green (Stirland though yellow is part of the provincial colors just make feathers that colour if you have them painted all green already, Some Green and White (River Patrol), and White (Riekland as per Kemperbads affiliation) the army should blend together quite well.
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan

Offline Zack

• Members
Kemperbad!
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2003, 07:39:20 PM »
Thanks, thats some good background info. Now, since Kemperbad would not have an Elector Count, would you reccomend me getting an elector count from Stirland, Talabecland, or Reikland?

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
Kemperbad!
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2003, 08:15:00 PM »
would you reccomend me getting an elector count from Stirland, Talabecland, or Reikland?

Well, the elector of Reikland is the Emperor Karl Franz  :)

Anyway, Kemperbad is not technically in any province and its army is not likely to be led by any elector counts. No problem though, just use the elector count rules to represent the head of the town council, or the town marshall or something.

Just because they call it an elector count on the army list doesn't mean it really has to be one...there are only ten after all, and armies based around the city-states wouldn't even be able to take one!
If I wanted to.