home

Author Topic: Captain  (Read 2027 times)

Offline landshaper

• Members
Captain
« on: July 09, 2003, 02:57:38 AM »
I was wondering what moddels you guys use for your captans? I personaly use the moubnted general from the warhammer box set. Except I changed the lance to a sword. Also where do you guys get pegasuses?
Kickin' ass and takin' names

Offline George

• Members
Captain
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2003, 04:25:29 AM »
Captains...

My mounted captain is the general from the battalion box. I have recently created  several unmounted captains and a elector count from the state troops command sprue, along with a varity of militia parts and even cavalry bits. Doing this I have been able to arm them as I wish. To make them stand out I generally put more accesories on them, ie. a sword or shield strapped on their back. I now have a captain suited to a halberd and free company unit. The elector count looks good in a swordsman unit.

As for the pegasus, I used Balthsar's...and did some major modifications to a knights legs to make them fit this model, (note I can also use Balthasar). The rest of the parts came from the aforementioned command sprue. Also check out the pegasus topic on this forum as it discusses where to find pegasi.

Now when I can't find a model I desire I just look at my left over bits and let my imagination run. This gives a much more "original" looking army...well at least I think so anyway!
My Armies:
Empire
Ogres

Offline Erik Thorvaldson

• Members
Captain
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2003, 05:05:57 AM »
I prefer all the older figs. I have a really old captain of some sort with crazy sideburns, sword and shield. The old Reaper peg rider had a goofy hat but that was easily lopped off.

Offline Vimes

• Members
Captain
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2003, 06:18:19 AM »
I used the bretonian pegasus knight for my pegasus riding battle captain (I took a empire plastic torso, though).

I removed the bretonian symbols and painted it in a proper, "empirish" way.

Balthasars pegasus (a beauiful model) is a little bit small compared to the "old" pegasi (look at the old high elven and empire pegasus models).

Offline intrepidjohnny

• Members
Captain
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2003, 08:09:20 PM »
for the mounted capo I use the reiksmarshall model and for the foot capo I use the vallhallan comissar model with militia hands (the ones with armour) ang green stuff made cloak with fur( he has a kislev look everyone knows why :)  )

Offline squig87

• Members
  • The Dude
Captain
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2003, 10:24:28 PM »
Well when reading a battle report i saw that the GW player was using the greatswords champion as an elector count. I thought this was cheeky of them but fine as long as you dont take greatswords as well as using the figure. So i use that figure as a battle captain on foot. I also managed to aquire an old foot reiksguard figure with a pike, i took the pike off and replaced it with a sword and gave the other hand a sheid and hey presto. For a mounted captain i use the reiksmarshall figure also.
Citizen Erased

Offline intrepidjohnny

• Members
Captain
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2003, 10:54:55 AM »
A very nice model for a elector count on foot is lord solar macharius with just one simple conversion of gluing a sword instead of a laspistol or whatever has he got there

Offline simonp

• Members
Captain
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2003, 12:21:02 PM »
Wargames foundry make a pack of 8 infantry figures named "captains" theyre quite nice for champions or heroes since they look suitably aristocratic and different from the rest of the troops. I use those.

Offline Sigmar Heldenhammer

• Members
Captain
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2003, 02:02:17 PM »
Well, I got the Empire collectors guide a few weeks ago, and in it is some older models (and all the new ones).  New wise, there is only the box set one, but there where several hero madels, captain models and reiksguard you could use, including a captian on peagus.  You can get any model on mail order, so you can get it still.
"There is no problem that cannot be solved with cannons"