home

Author Topic: 2600 points Templar Themed Tournament Army  (Read 2508 times)

Offline andremmuller

• Members
  • I love the smell of black powder in the mornings
2600 points Templar Themed Tournament Army
« on: August 28, 2013, 07:12:34 AM »
I would love some comments and or recommendations although I would like to stick to most of the basics in the list as these are my painted models.
I have not selected magic items (the dispell scroll is included as you never leave home without it), I left this open to recommendations as I don't have many points to spare (how critical or they?)

Lords: 625
108 - AL, HA, shield (general)
225 - Wizard Lord (lvl 4) Life, dispel scroll
131 - GoE, shield, lance, barded warhorse
161 - GM, GW

Heroes: 181
116 - Captain, BSB, FPA, shield, lance, barded warhorse
65  - Master Engineer

Core: 768
70  - 10 archers (mage bunker)
255 - 9 x IC knights, GW, FCG (GM)
443 - 49 x swordsmen, FCG
          5 x archer detachment
          5 x archer detachment

Special: 606
120 - Great Cannon
105 - 5 x outriders
381 - 13 x Reiksguard Knights (GoE,BSB)

Rare: 370
120 - HBVG
250 - STank

Total 2550

I would like to use two grand masters in stead of a GM and GoE but would have to drop the AL down to a WP.

awaiting your critique...
Count Jasper von Schwartz - Grand Master - Knights of the Two Lions

Offline csjarrat

• Members
Re: 2600 points Templar Themed Tournament Army
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 04:54:03 PM »
ditch the general, he adds nothing when compared to the GM and AL. the arch lector can mount up and go in the reiksguard. gets him a much better save and the re-roll wounds + ward save spell make them superb at grinding out combats.
Load him up with a ward, decent armour save (use barding, shield, etc) and he'll be fine.

swap general for a priest (bsb already gives the unit "Hold the line!"), stick the priest in the swordsmen. the hatred, re-rolls to wound and better ward save really help them out a lot!

The GM is the best platform we have for magic weapons. i tend to go for +3S sword and a ward save or the runefang + OTS builds on him. if you need extra lords points, downgrade the AL to a standard priest on barded steed and have the GM be your general. you don't lose that much (+1LD and +1W) tbh.

one cannon is a bit light for 2600. due to random movement and pivots, you can't rely on the stank's cannon to be able to see what you're facing if you need it to tarpit.
try and squeeze in a second!
Compared to the state troops they are a gentle handjob on a friday evening - jaggedjimmyj in ref to knights

Offline andremmuller

• Members
  • I love the smell of black powder in the mornings
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 06:48:36 AM »
Thanks csjarrat for some great suggestions. Will rework the list and post it in a few days
Count Jasper von Schwartz - Grand Master - Knights of the Two Lions

Offline Noble Korhedron

• Members
  • Empire General
    • www.facebook.com/rtedders
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 01:38:01 PM »
ditch the general, he adds nothing when compared to the GM and AL. the arch lector can mount up and go in the reiksguard. gets him a much better save and the re-roll wounds + ward save spell make them superb at grinding out combats.
Load him up with a ward, decent armour save (use barding, shield, etc) and he'll be fine.

swap general for a priest (bsb already gives the unit "Hold the line!"), stick the priest in the swordsmen. the hatred, re-rolls to wound and better ward save really help them out a lot!

The GM is the best platform we have for magic weapons. i tend to go for +3S sword and a ward save or the runefang + OTS builds on him. if you need extra lords points, downgrade the AL to a standard priest on barded steed and have the GM be your general. you don't lose that much (+1LD and +1W) tbh.

one cannon is a bit light for 2600. due to random movement and pivots, you can't rely on the stank's cannon to be able to see what you're facing if you need it to tarpit.
try and squeeze in a second!
But because 'Hold the Line!' is conferred by the BSB, can the unit still testa t the Ld 8 of the Priest, or Ld 9 of an Arch Lector?

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2017, 03:44:43 PM »
Another case of threadomancy, Noble Kohedron?
But to answer your question, anyway: If the AL would be the General, any unit within 12" could use his Ld. If they are not within range, then they would use the highest Ld within the unit.
Note that  the BSB confers bold "Hold your Ground" (as BSB) as "Hold the Line" (as Captain).
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)