home

Author Topic: AoS Adventure  (Read 110235 times)

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
Re: AoS Adventure
« Reply #450 on: June 06, 2018, 11:59:56 PM »
Wip High Warden on a Gryphon.
And also the worlds largest trees 😸

Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #451 on: June 07, 2018, 12:30:41 AM »
Ha!  Those trees are way larger the the figures.  And I'm not complaining. :icon_cool:
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #452 on: June 07, 2018, 10:43:13 AM »
These trees are 'uge! 'Uuuuge!!! :ph34r:
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #453 on: June 12, 2018, 02:07:47 AM »
This was a direct rip off of orpheo’s gryphon. Only not the same caliber of quality. Anyway it is an inspiration of yet another on this forum. This is my High Wardon on a Gryphon - Leader of the aelf block of the Mortarean 1st Company.

Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #454 on: June 12, 2018, 07:52:31 AM »
Love it! :icon_biggrin: :::cheers::: :eusa_clap:

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #455 on: June 12, 2018, 10:39:04 AM »
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #456 on: June 12, 2018, 10:57:20 AM »
Love it! :icon_biggrin: :::cheers::: :eusa_clap:

Me too. What a fantastic model and paintjob! :Ohmy:
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #457 on: June 12, 2018, 11:24:04 AM »
Thank Xath!
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Sharkbelly

• Members
« Reply #458 on: June 13, 2018, 09:46:18 AM »
Looks great!

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #459 on: November 25, 2018, 07:59:07 PM »
Just an update. It’s been a long time since the last instalment. Everything has changed for me except the continuing need to work for a living 😸. New home, new location, lesser family but everyone in a better place so all is good. My hobby room was a short lived adventure but I have dibs on a storage room in the basement if I build some needed shelves in the furnace room. Much smaller than before but some careful planning should see it thru.
In the year I had with the room, I was able to hammer out of existing unbuilt models and existing stuff complete matched play armies for AoS - a Desciples of Sigmar army with freeguild to make it legal - 2480 pts, an orc army - Shivertooth and the Icehogs - 2500 matched play, a 1910 pt chaos skaven Beastmen army, and a gobbo army of 2500 pts centred around spiderfangs. Also a freeguild 1980 pt army with the name confiscated/borrowed from GP - The 1st Matorean Matched Company comprised of humans, dwarves and aelves.
All are packed away until maybe January or February when I think I can tackle the new room.  I’ll do some before and after shots of the room like before.
In the meantime, I’ll get my library orders in order, follow all the awesomeness here, and think about my first real AoS army of storm casts to come.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #460 on: November 25, 2018, 08:44:31 PM »
Good to have ya posting here!  I am glad you kept all your figures, very important.

I've been contemplating taking up some more painting on my Matorean swords unit. They are imperial in nature, could be used as mercs or Van Koschumberg soldiers or even a minor noble's own colors in Averland.  I'm contemplating a cavalry unit to add to their force.

Someday I'll get a passport, and then be in a spot to travel to Canada to visit with you.  And Gankom.  Maybe even Dwi.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #461 on: November 25, 2018, 09:32:02 PM »
That will be a trip to remember!😸
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #462 on: January 07, 2019, 03:17:32 PM »
It all has to start somewhere, once again.
With everything pack upped (?) I need to inspiration to get going again. Probably won’t be ready for a month or so but that didn’t stop me from tracking down and finally getting a lord relictor. As always, it’s for the fluff and I like him for that reason although he’s already outdated I think. This is the start of my first truly AoS army ( although I have an excelsior priest and gryphound for the same reason - also my first AoS purchase).
I am so happy with the new gloomspite gitz unveiling that I’ve decided that I will only concentrate on these 2 armies this year. So here’s to a new premature start.

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Doc J

• Members
  • The Prince of Brooklyn Park
« Reply #463 on: March 07, 2019, 05:45:02 AM »
Dude what nature of gryph is that? Looks great.
In the words of the late great Nicki Minaj - Ya done son

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #464 on: March 07, 2019, 06:28:23 AM »
I missed these.  And cold to learn your moving forward with the hobby! :eusa_clap: :::cheers:::

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #465 on: March 07, 2019, 12:42:22 PM »
Hi doc! Welcome back!
That is a gryph hound. He comes with the warrior priest as his loyal companion. You can also buy them in packs of 5. I have to say they are adorable creatures that can rip your throat out if you are tainted with the chaos bug 😺
@GP I would love to continue but everything hobbywise except reading has ground to a total halt. May not be able to start up again for maybe a year. Unfortunate because it is a crazy hobby but it keeps me sane and I will miss it. RL is indiscriminate in its harshness lol.

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Doc J

• Members
« Reply #466 on: March 12, 2019, 03:59:40 AM »
What are your trees made of?

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #467 on: March 12, 2019, 11:14:17 AM »
What are your trees made of?

I had found some bushes that had died in front of one of the buildings I take care of so got rid of that one and replaced it with something alive. Not sure what type of bush but I thought they could substitute as trees. Unfortunately they are gone now but they are easy to make.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Doc J

• Members
« Reply #468 on: March 12, 2019, 03:11:32 PM »
Have you finished basing them?

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #469 on: March 12, 2019, 03:45:59 PM »
Never got to base them. Had to dump them with a lot of other terrain. Very easy to make though.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #470 on: May 20, 2019, 02:44:39 PM »
Just a little update. RL is starting to get better.
So it’s a start again. Still no workshop or board but that may change in the next few months. To keep a foothold on the hobby, I have purchased a few things. When AoS did the Gloomspite (old night goblins), I realized I had to get back in someway. I decided I would bring my night goblins over to AoS and purchased to the Looncurse box to supplement them. I would still like to add the new mangler squig and the fungoid shaman and arachnarok. The new box comes with a special character - boss on a giant squig, 5 hoppers, 5 boinggrots, and a squig herd. 23 models in all plus the sylvaneth for some day in the far future.
I’ve also wanted a stormcast army and started gathering from eBay at the moment. Have a lord relictor, lord arcanum, 5 liberators, 5 castigators.
Want - Lord Exorcist, lord Aquilor, vanguard hunters, vanguard raptors, atherwings, ballista, and sequitors.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 03:10:56 PM by Artobans Ghost »
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #471 on: May 20, 2019, 02:52:34 PM »
There's something to be said for just painting.  It gets ya prepped for when ya have more space, or even going to a store or friends home or convention for gaming.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #472 on: May 20, 2019, 03:02:18 PM »
There's something to be said for just painting.  It gets ya prepped for when ya have more space, or even going to a store or friends home or convention for gaming.

Good point. There is a storage area in the basement. If we stay here, I’ll fix that up somehow. I just didn’t have the heart to go they that again but I’m forcing myself (in a good way) to deal with this.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #473 on: May 20, 2019, 03:26:16 PM »
I have a "warehouse" full of figures, if ya'd like to paint mine. :icon_wink:

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #474 on: May 26, 2019, 10:06:46 PM »
Glad to see things slowly picking up again! I've actually been working on my own stormcast, although in my base its just painting up what I already had. I was in a bidding war for a sweet bundle on ebay and lost it in the last minute. grumble grumble..

I like the look of the new gobbo's in Looncurse. Are you going to do up the treefolk as allies to the stormcast or something totally different?