home

Author Topic: Shadows over Bogenhafen RPG (out of character thread)  (Read 734874 times)

Online commandant

• Members
Re: Shadows over Bogenhafen RPG (out of character thread)
« Reply #1200 on: July 09, 2012, 01:35:52 AM »
I'm not sure if that was such a good idea, though maybe we can kill him and take his place or something?

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #1201 on: July 09, 2012, 02:25:33 AM »
I'm not sure if that was such a good idea, though maybe we can kill him and take his place or something?

I'm not sure it's a good idea to hide and wait for him to summon another demon.
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #1202 on: July 09, 2012, 03:23:35 AM »
 :mellow:

Heinrich and Mortus should have kids.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 03:30:34 AM by Fandir Nightshade »

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #1203 on: July 09, 2012, 08:24:17 AM »
Wouldn't a bounty hunter want to catch as many o people as possible, instead of just killing one ?
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

• Members
« Reply #1204 on: July 09, 2012, 08:31:52 AM »
It is now very likely that the rest of the coven will flee...if they only get the slightest hint that the temple isnīt prepared and that we know the location and wait in ambush it is over. They will flee the city making it almost impossible to find them.

Cannon could you please reconsider going Gun Ho on STeinhager?

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #1205 on: July 09, 2012, 10:14:39 AM »
gay

Pass the machete.

• Members
« Reply #1206 on: July 09, 2012, 10:21:40 AM »
What is gay Finlay, Cannons attempt to kill him outright or how simply Steinhager dispatched him?

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #1207 on: July 09, 2012, 10:35:18 AM »
I'd rather deal with Steinhager than whatever monstrosity this ritual is actually going to summon. It's not my fault he rolled maximum damage.

• Members
« Reply #1208 on: July 09, 2012, 10:42:35 AM »
Cannon......the ritual would take several hours during which we could sneak up on them and disrupt it before anything happens, to add on that right now you donīt even have the slightest proof of the Ordo doing anything wrong...nothing he could call in the authorities on us and we are the criminals that murdered, burned down the town hall and attacked an innocent merchant in one of his warehouses.

If you wanted to disrupt the ritual before it starts you should have at least waited for the Ordo to assemble, Teugen is not even there yet. It is a big messy mess this way. Also right now it is unlikely that Ruggbroder or the Sigmar priest is in position to help us. We most likely will die and if not bringing down the ordo is ...like impossible.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #1209 on: July 09, 2012, 10:48:24 AM »
Cannon......the ritual would take several hours during which we could sneak up on them and disrupt it before anything happens, to add on that right now you donīt even have the slightest proof of the Ordo doing anything wrong...nothing he could call in the authorities on us and we are the criminals that murdered, burned down the town hall and attacked an innocent merchant in one of his warehouses.

If you wanted to disrupt the ritual before it starts you should have at least waited for the Ordo to assemble, Teugen is not even there yet. It is a big messy mess this way. Also right now it is unlikely that Ruggbroder or the Sigmar priest is in position to help us. We most likely will die and if not bringing down the ordo is ...like impossible.

I'm sorry, is Heinrich familiar with how long rituals take? It's not impossible to take down the Ordo. We know that Steinhager and Teugen are the ones who are performing the big nasty evil spell, so if we take them down, then we don't have to worry about the rest of the Ordo and can leave. Heinrich is not coming back to Bogenheifer.

Nor does Heinrich care for the help of your Sigmarite priest, being a casual devotee of Verena. Very casual.

On a more serious note to rufus:

Didn't that count as a surprise? Shouldn't I have gotten that one free shot and then go in init order the next round? Is Steinhager's init better than mine? Just curious.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 10:51:22 AM by CannonofDoom »

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #1210 on: July 09, 2012, 10:52:39 AM »
Cannon, did you forget that no one actually likes Leroy Jenkins. I almost feel as if the whole adventure was pointless now.

Pass the machete.

• Members
« Reply #1211 on: July 09, 2012, 10:54:44 AM »
Klaus told everyone when and how the ritual will take place that Ruggbroder will post warriors outside that will bust in once we give them a signal also I am pretty sure he made clear how important it is to catch them in the act.

"It is important that we donīt call the guards to early (because it is more dramatic) because we have to catch im the vile act. It is about time that I meet with Greta and organize the Ruggbroder bodyguards and what kind of signal we are going to use but you can join us. Julian, Heinrich what about you? Shall we meet afterwards close to the warehouse perhaps we should choose a location from Julians map and prepare ourselves for the ambush?"

Even if we bring down Steinhager the rest of the Ordo might escape....no 5000 gp.....no saving of Bogenhafen (as they can do the ritual another time).....only shit.

Cannon please ask Rufus if you can take your action back and reconsider it....it would really spoil all the fun for me if you go upon this like you did.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 10:58:59 AM by Fandir Nightshade »

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #1212 on: July 09, 2012, 11:01:58 AM »
Is Steinhager's init better than mine? Just curious.

Yes, it's 53.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 02:12:53 PM by rufus sparkfire »
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #1213 on: July 09, 2012, 11:03:31 AM »
Cannon, did you forget that no one actually likes Leroy Jenkins. I almost feel as if the whole adventure was pointless now.

You'd rather face demons?

Fine, if everyone is completely opposed to me playing my character, and if Rufus will allow it, then take back my action, and let's all get killed your way.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #1214 on: July 09, 2012, 11:06:08 AM »
I'd rather deal with Steinhager than whatever monstrosity this ritual is actually going to summon. It's not my fault he rolled maximum damage.
Considering we killed the demon without being wounded, I wouldn’t! also we actually needed to capture or kill more than one of them, and also have more evidence. Most likely now is we would be captured and executed seeing as teugen etc control the town. If it was teugen not steinhager, and together we all killed him and stopped the ritual, fine. But we didn’t even know steiny was a wizard, knew teugen was the ring leader, and knew they can replace people to complete the ritual.

Pass the machete.

• Members
« Reply #1215 on: July 09, 2012, 11:06:33 AM »
I donīt want to bully you into something especially if you still think you are in the right, but where donīt you see that we have to wait for the ritual to start?

What exactly makes you think they open a portal and demons pour through 15 minutes into a several hour taking ritual.

The only bitter pill that we might have to swallow might be someone sacrificed during the blessing of the temple (could be a little child or something else) but Heinrich should be rational enough to see the bigger picture...the cult assembled and ready for an ambush.

He is acting like a criminal thug killing whomever he feels like if that is his character...feel free, but it will be hard for any of the party members to go along....well Mortus might want to as stated have some kids with him.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #1216 on: July 09, 2012, 11:07:16 AM »
I said fine.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #1217 on: July 09, 2012, 11:19:51 AM »
Maybe we should play out the adventure now, and then reload it to before Leroy jenkins shoots for a second go, and take that on to the next adventure?

Pass the machete.

• Members
« Reply #1218 on: July 09, 2012, 11:32:02 AM »
I would prefer we rewind to you guys coming in and steinhager entering the warehouse and instead of shooting him to the face we wait for him preparing the temple and after he leaves we can discuss what to do...and I would really like everyone to join the discussion and not move along and later do whatever he wants.

IF we want to enjoy this we should work on party dynamics, this doesnīt mean that we should alter our characters, Klaus is an unlikable fellow as he is a rogue and a coward still I tried to find ways that would make the other party members at least consider having him around (5000 gp) the way Mortus went all looney and the way Heinrich antagonizes him at every possible moment makes it hard for Klaus to desire having them around if you guys have ideas how Klaus could be more likeable and still in character I would ask you to tell them to me. I donīt want to have better stats, more money or win more arguments in an rpg session but just an enjoyable story...for everyone involved.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #1219 on: July 09, 2012, 12:07:30 PM »
I don't like this situation: everyone is unhappy now.

Let's see what commandant thinks.
If I wanted to.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #1220 on: July 09, 2012, 12:18:28 PM »
I dont even think its that in character. Would a succesful bounty hunter not have a better/more prepared ambush plan? acting so impetuously like that would surely lead to death in the harsh world of the empire.

Is he not motivated by the 1000 gold we might earn each?

Pass the machete.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #1221 on: July 09, 2012, 02:12:24 PM »
Game = stalled.

Right at the climax!

I've decided to remove my last post on the game thread (the fireball one), on the grounds that I didn't wait for the other characters to act.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 02:42:52 PM by rufus sparkfire »
If I wanted to.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #1222 on: July 09, 2012, 06:31:51 PM »
I dislike this plan, but I see no one agrees with my point of view, so let's just get it over with. :::cheers:::

• Members
« Reply #1223 on: July 09, 2012, 06:53:12 PM »
Thank you very much cannon  :::cheers:::

As the dwarf said....think of the money!!!!

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #1224 on: July 09, 2012, 07:04:03 PM »
I dislike this plan, but I see no one agrees with my point of view, so let's just get it over with. :::cheers:::
:::cheers::: cannon

At least Heinrich isn't dead this way!

Pass the machete.