home

Author Topic: Shadows over Bogenhafen RPG (out of character thread)  (Read 735392 times)

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
Re: Shadows over Bogenhafen RPG (out of character thread)
« Reply #1250 on: July 10, 2012, 09:07:42 AM »
If they start casting fireballs we are ducked.

I wonder if I should drop the traps next round so they are disorientated now from the ambush and again from the trap.

I'm impatient now!

Is it easy to get my shield out once we are fighting?
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #1251 on: July 10, 2012, 09:23:32 AM »
Fireballs auto-hit... you get to make an I test for half damage though.

I wonder if I should drop the traps next round so they are disorientated now from the ambush and again from the trap.

Rules-wise, now would be best.

Is it easy to get my shield out once we are fighting?

Not really... better decide now if you want to go shield or two weapon.
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #1252 on: July 10, 2012, 09:52:17 AM »
I think shield, and trust to Grungni to help my axe. I’ve never hit anything with the hammer anyway.
Traps away! After max’s magical missile of malevolent malediction kills teugen

Pass the machete.

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #1253 on: July 10, 2012, 10:01:26 AM »
Of course Max wants to kill Teugen...

"take this for the bad exam you gave me!"

So lets do this.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #1254 on: July 10, 2012, 10:09:47 AM »
we didn’t wait for mortus. Problem? I think now is the time to act though, Julian and heinrich are ready!

Pass the machete.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #1255 on: July 10, 2012, 10:10:40 AM »
Heinrich's disdain for Klaus is not a reflection of my feelings for Fandir.  :happy:
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

• Members
« Reply #1256 on: July 10, 2012, 10:13:55 AM »
That makes me happy!

:::cheers:::

I still think we have to find a way to balance it out a bit, right now Klaus thinks Heinrich will sell Klaus to the next sheriff if there only is as much as a warrant of a copper piece.
Not the best basis to stick around Heinrich.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #1257 on: July 10, 2012, 10:16:04 AM »
That makes me happy!

:::cheers:::

I still think we have to find a way to balance it out a bit, right now Klaus thinks Heinrich will sell Klaus to the next sheriff if there only is as much as a warrant of a copper piece.
Not the best basis to stick around Heinrich.

He probably would! Perhaps Klaus shouldn't be such an unlovable rascal!

Maybe his newfound faith in Sigmar could lead to a life altering epiphany.

• Members
« Reply #1258 on: July 10, 2012, 10:19:51 AM »
1000 gp!!!

Perhaps Heinrich will see that Klaus has his uses and his methods are sometimes appropriate when he gets the money.....I just hope Ruggbroder sticks to his word.

Other than that Klaus might become a bit softer because of Max his absolute do goody thing he has running and perhaps also the joy of seeing the puppy happy should we succeed and him realizing that he CAN achieve something and people even acknowledge that might help.

In the end though Klaus will always stack the cards in his favour and after that ...maybe....think about a gain for the others.

(If I go with the fraud of Count Klaus and Heinrich brings Klaus to justice for this ...Klaus would be very unhappy though).

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #1259 on: July 10, 2012, 10:22:07 AM »
(If I go with the fraud of Count Klaus and Heinrich brings Klaus to justice for this ...Klaus would be very unhappy though).

I don't see any way that Heinrich would let that slide.

• Members
« Reply #1260 on: July 10, 2012, 10:24:03 AM »
1000 gp!!!

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #1261 on: July 10, 2012, 10:28:49 AM »
1000 gp!!!

Bounty Hunters that can be bribed are generally not very good at their jobs.

• Members
« Reply #1262 on: July 10, 2012, 10:49:30 AM »
? Say what please...bounty hunters do it for the....."BOUNTY" it is even in the name. You are no official peacekeeper or justicar.

Well right now Heinrich doesn´t know that Klaus isn´t an undercover noble and might be convinced if Klaus`s tongue is silvery enough otherwise he might disconnect from the group to become Count Klaus with Max as servant.

....thinking about it I don´t think Klaus is such an unlovable rascal, he did quite a lot for the group even though while doing it he was a coward and selfish egoist.

He came for you two guys in the sewers....with help (Heinrich doesn´t know that Klaus killed boris). He found out most about the cult and shared his intel with the others, he basically could have done the deed without Heinrich and Julian and get all the 5000 gp for himself instead of sharing. Overall he was very nice towards the others while Heinrich acted very much like a big pants show off (and a criminal) with little result.

Just saying.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #1263 on: July 10, 2012, 10:57:42 AM »
? Say what please...bounty hunters do it for the....."BOUNTY" it is even in the name. You are no official peacekeeper or justicar.

Well right now Heinrich doesn´t know that Klaus isn´t an undercover noble and might be convinced if Klaus`s tongue is silvery enough otherwise he might disconnect from the group to become Count Klaus with Max as servant.

....thinking about it I don´t think Klaus is such an unlovable rascal, he did quite a lot for the group even though while doing it he was a coward and selfish egoist.

He came for you two guys in the sewers....with help (Heinrich doesn´t know that Klaus killed boris). He found out most about the cult and shared his intel with the others, he basically could have done the deed without Heinrich and Julian and get all the 5000 gp for himself instead of sharing. Overall he was very nice towards the others while Heinrich acted very much like a big pants show off (and a criminal) with little result.

Just saying.

To this I say: "HA!"

A very good joke.  :engel:

• Members
« Reply #1264 on: July 10, 2012, 11:03:33 AM »
Well back to plan b then.....*klaus pouring some poison into Heinrich`s next meal*  :engel:

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #1265 on: July 10, 2012, 11:09:00 AM »
seriously though, what has Klaus done that Heinrich wouldn’t like? Heinrich and Julian burgled the office, killed a man and a dog. Heinrich Julian and mortus burgled the town hall and heinrich burnt it down.
Klaus was a bit mean to max a few times, that’s about it.

Pass the machete.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #1266 on: July 10, 2012, 11:13:52 AM »
seriously though, what has Klaus done that Heinrich wouldn’t like? Heinrich and Julian burgled the office, killed a man and a dog. Heinrich Julian and mortus burgled the town hall and heinrich burnt it down.
Klaus was a bit mean to max a few times, that’s about it.

And cowardly.

And bragardly.

And he has an air of greed about him that Heinrich isn't fond of.

• Members
« Reply #1267 on: July 10, 2012, 11:18:30 AM »
Yes and if Heinrich would know how often Klaus considered switching sides and joining Teugen he might want to kill him outright but regarding breaking the law Klaus is the good guy....and Heinrich should be in chains or even dangling from a noose. So if Heinrich is morally flexible regarding killing some watchmen on duty....why would it be so hard to pass on Klaus pretending to be a count?

I just try to figure out a way how the group can stick together without anyon making a new character. I wouldn´t mind Heinrich disliking Klaus and also making jokes of him once in a while or showing others what a bragard and coward he is, but threatening his life or destroying his dreams would make it impossible to stick around Heinrich.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #1268 on: July 10, 2012, 11:22:17 AM »
Yes and if Heinrich would know how often Klaus considered switching sides and joining Teugen he might want to kill him outright but regarding breaking the law Klaus is the good guy....and Heinrich should be in chains or even dangling from a noose. So if Heinrich is morally flexible regarding killing some watchmen on duty....why would it be so hard to pass on Klaus pretending to be a count?

Julian murdered the watchman. Heinrich tried to spare him.  :laugh:

The law can be stretched for "the greater good" which is clearly a tool for deciding how much morality Heinrich wants to hold onto.

But impersonating nobility? That's a pretty tough pill to swallow in a society built on a rigid class structure.

Maybe Klaus can become an actual count!  :::cheers:::

(I'm almost certainly going to need a new, seedier character to continue with this group of rapscallions)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 11:24:27 AM by CannonofDoom »

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #1269 on: July 10, 2012, 11:25:20 AM »
What has he done that is cowardly that heinrich has seen? He ran away in the sewers but I don’t think heinrich saw, and then he came back for us. He went to the meeting with greta and ruggbroder, he risked his neck to speak to sir martin. The only actual bad thing he has done was stealing the potions which we don’t know about, and killing boris which we don’t know about. Surely. Unless I am forgetting something? Our actions have been much more overtly reprehensible.

Pass the machete.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #1270 on: July 10, 2012, 11:26:17 AM »
What has he done that is cowardly that heinrich has seen? He ran away in the sewers but I don’t think heinrich saw, and then he came back for us. He went to the meeting with greta and ruggbroder, he risked his neck to speak to sir martin. The only actual bad thing he has done was stealing the potions which we don’t know about, and killing boris which we don’t know about. Surely. Unless I am forgetting something? Our actions have been much more overtly reprehensible.

You're no fun.

Also: http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=42718.msg711667#msg711667
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 11:30:47 AM by CannonofDoom »

• Members
« Reply #1271 on: July 10, 2012, 11:33:02 AM »
Well but still leaves Heinrich as a burglar and arsonist....and yes even nobles fear the unseen lurkers of the dark gutters once in a while.

He is a rapscallion toooooo is all I say which would be a good thing as him not chewing bubblegum and kicking ass is cool and I think he shoudl stick around.....but be less harsh towards poor Klaus.....

Oh right the potions...I could make Steinhager shit himself to death.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #1272 on: July 10, 2012, 11:35:19 AM »
Well but still leaves Heinrich as a burglar and arsonist....and yes even nobles fear the unseen lurkers of the dark gutters once in a while.

He is a rapscallion toooooo is all I say which would be a good thing as him not chewing bubblegum and kicking ass is cool and I think he shoudl stick around.....but be less harsh towards poor Klaus.....

Oh right the potions...I could make Steinhager shit himself to death.

I just like to pick on you. I know Heinrich has no reason to want to harm Klaus now. I do not think he would mistake him for an actual noble though, and he would surely protest such a pretense. Besides, just buying the clothes and jewelry required to pass for a noble would beggar us all.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #1273 on: July 10, 2012, 11:35:36 AM »
I’m just honestly trying to figure out where Heinrich would get this bad feeling from. It is only because you as Ray can read Klaus’ thoughts and his actions when heinrich and the other PCs are not there
In the game I think everyone would actually think Klaus quite heroic, if a bit avaricious.
Heinrich shoots first and asks questions later. He was told to report back to sir martin and didn’t.
I never really imagined bounty hunters as “goodies” really, they are the morally grey or bad version of the law surely! Motivated by money and action?

I can go with dislking the braggard, or his habit for gambling or just taking a dislike to someone as is natural. Running away in the sewers (I said before I might have missed something he did, which is why I was asking) was cowardly, but understandable?
But I’m not convinced there is a reason for such enmity. –I just remembered another good thing he did, sneaking into the teugen mansion to find details of the mission. Brave!

But there you go, I suppose that is the challenge of RPG games, coming up with good reasons to form the group and stick together other than “well, we are adventuring”- and I guess why most D and D groups are at least all neutral.

I guess rufus is waiting for commandant due to the fireball episode. Hurry up commandant!

Pass the machete.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #1274 on: July 10, 2012, 11:38:27 AM »
Ambushtastic! Let’s kill the crocodile.
GRUNGNIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Pass the machete.