home

Author Topic: Shadows over Bogenhafen RPG (out of character thread)  (Read 734666 times)

Offline commandant

• Members
Re: Shadows over Bogenhafen RPG (out of character thread)
« Reply #2900 on: September 10, 2012, 11:35:21 AM »
What rank is Klaus?

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #2901 on: September 10, 2012, 11:39:33 AM »
Whatever the hell he wants to be.

Socially mobile baby.
Being a charlatan is so much fun.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #2902 on: September 10, 2012, 11:52:21 AM »
Dinner time. Who's having soup? And wine?
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

• Members
« Reply #2903 on: September 10, 2012, 11:59:51 AM »
The way you ask the implication that both or at least one of them is poisoned is immense......Klaus wonīt touch the brandy pretending to be soooooooo interested in what the doc and the countess have to say that he forgets but will eat tiny bits of the food (as he is starving and well hopefully he can digest the poison).

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #2904 on: September 10, 2012, 12:01:00 PM »
Really Klaus.   I think you are becoming overly worried.   

We should get Max into this conversation
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 12:06:57 PM by commandant »

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #2905 on: September 10, 2012, 12:07:25 PM »
I don't want to eat anything, but can't see how I can't!
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #2906 on: September 10, 2012, 12:08:04 PM »
I somehow don't think they are going to poison us.   Everybody is far too jumpy.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #2907 on: September 10, 2012, 12:11:05 PM »
Why wouldn't they?

We know rousseaux is poisoning the villagers, we know they like to kill people, Because we are unknown we represent a threat to them. what subtext would we really have for coming here, or staying here once we got here.

Pass the machete.

• Members
« Reply #2908 on: September 10, 2012, 12:11:38 PM »
 :icon_neutral:

You donīt see why they would like to drug us?

Seriously?

And no we shouldnīt get max into the conversation he is a very bad liar.

I think nobody will notice if Julian just sits and stares.....I think they dislike dwarves and halflings......a lot.

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #2909 on: September 10, 2012, 12:21:46 PM »
Why wouldn't they?

We know rousseaux is poisoning the villagers, we know they like to kill people, Because we are unknown we represent a threat to them. what subtext would we really have for coming here, or staying here once we got here.

I think this is an incorrect mentality.

Because we are unknown we do not represent a threat to them.   After all how can a handful of people (there are what 6 of us) represent a threat to them when they would have a lot of guards.

There is no reason for them to think that our stated reason, we are travelling, is incorrect.   There is no reason for them to think that that we have any subtext.

Also we don't know that Rousseaux is poisoning the villagers.   We just know that he is giving them some sort of drink.   Look at the state of the ground, how warped and twisted it is.   It is as likely that he is giving them a drink to help them defend against the influence of the twisted ground as it is that he is poisoning them.   
We need to be careful before we jump to the idea that everybody is evil and trying to kill us.   

The first stance of most people is "Don't care" about us.   Normally we need to do something to tip them off that it is not a correct stance. 

The only reason I can see that they might try and poison us is because of what Klaus said the Hilda.   Other than that it is easier just to let us go our way.

After all if you poison every traveller, sooner or later you will poison the wrong one and have a powerful lord on your head.   Simpler and safer to just ignore travellers.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #2910 on: September 10, 2012, 12:42:00 PM »
wa wa wee woo.

a handful of people who they don't know, they don't know our abilities or skills. or why we are there.

reason for stating travelling is incorrect: 1) the area is cursed and everyone knows so, so why would we go there. 2)now that we are here and see it is a shit hole, why wouldn't we just leave. 3) "we got lost in the woods" and he didnt even ask us where we were going or why.

Rousseaux is an evil fuck, in league with the demon worshipping, people mutilating wittgensteins. He is poisoning the villagers, and he is evil. 100% guaranteed.

They dont care if they have a powerful lord enemy- everyone knows they are fucked up but no one does anything about it. We know they routinely drag people to the castle, it almost just happened to you at the bar.

they have things exactly as they want- a big lump of stone to do research with, a village of subjects to experiment on, a bad reputation to keep people away. We threaten their equilibrium

That you think they seem to represent no threat is... amusing.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 12:50:01 PM by Finlay »

Pass the machete.

• Members
« Reply #2911 on: September 10, 2012, 12:54:27 PM »
Well I think Mortus should get some first hand intel at  the castle the next day while we meet up with the rebels.

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #2912 on: September 10, 2012, 01:13:08 PM »
To answer you points

1: The area is cursed and everybody know it.   Really, do you really think that.   This is the empire.   Outside a 20-30 mile radius nobody knows anything about anything.   It is entirely possible that people in the village/town or whatever fifty miles away have no idea how badly off this area is.   The travel of information is slow, really slow and very unreliable.   There is no reason to assume that everybody knows that this place is messed up.

2: We don't leave because we were invited to dinner.   We had intended to leave tomorrow, after all we were just looking for a village to buy food in.   As there is no food to be bought we were just going to move on.   However the invite to dinner would be rude to refuse.

3: We didn't need to get lost in the woods, we could simply have been following the river, a fine way to travel when you have no maps.

Rousseaux may well be evil, it is even likely that he is, but we don't know that he is.   People in this group seem to be jumping on the bandwagon that everybody is evil, which may or may not be the case.

Of course they care if they have a powerful noble after them.   A powerful noble would level the place and kill them all.   Indeed the fact that nobody, knights griffon, witch hunters etc. is after them shows how little people know.   A hint of chaos should be enough to get the knights griffon, witch hunters and the entire army of the church camped outside their door.

It is not that they represent no threat, it is that we represent no threat and therefore they don't represent the threat that people are expecting them to.

• Members
« Reply #2913 on: September 10, 2012, 01:23:41 PM »
Yadda yadda if you want to go to the castle next morning....feel free to do so Klaus wonīt join the adventure.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #2914 on: September 10, 2012, 01:27:39 PM »
1) we've already had several NPCs mention it being cursed.

2) agreed. we have to leave tomorrow. today is fine.

3) no, we already said to him we got lost in the woods, havent mentioned the river. This particularly in retrospect might be dangerous because the rebels are in the woods.

Roussauex is definitely evil.

We represent nothing- so they will be more than happy to use us for experiments.

Pass the machete.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #2915 on: September 10, 2012, 02:25:38 PM »
What an enjoyable and totally innocent dinner party we're having! Surely there's no horrible subtext here?

I do think it's a flaw in the story that this place is right next to the busiest river in The Empire... it should be somewhere more remote.
If I wanted to.

• Members
« Reply #2916 on: September 10, 2012, 02:26:30 PM »
Damn....what now.

I guess we canīt deny her so we should find an excuse to delay her as long as possible. Klaus doesnīt want to go to the castle all on his own with you guys.

Some 50 or some hundred rebels would be better.

How cruel of you Rufus.

But the food is fantastic!

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #2917 on: September 10, 2012, 02:32:01 PM »
This could be interesting indeed.

It is a massive (almost unforgiveable) flaw in the story that an area this infected is right beside one of the biggest water ways in the Empire.   But still we must deal with what we have got.

I don't think splitting up is a good idea :)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 02:40:16 PM by commandant »

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #2918 on: September 10, 2012, 02:40:47 PM »
It's like Castle Dracula being right beside the M1. But it would have been a hassle to move it somewhere more reasonable. Oh well. It's a long way from being the worst flaw in these adventures so far! There were some terrible holes in Shadows over Bogenhafen.

Of course, promising to visit the castle doesn't obligate you to actually go!

But the food is fantastic!

Ha ha! But is it drugged?
If I wanted to.

• Members
« Reply #2919 on: September 10, 2012, 02:48:52 PM »
Klaus spitting out his food.

SO I wonder where this whole dinner leads to and what will happen next. Didnīt Mortus want to take a trip to his basement.....hmm. Klaus could pretend to go to the bathroom and get ...."lost" on the way.

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #2920 on: September 10, 2012, 02:49:39 PM »
This is true but we should go I think, though in enough numbers to be at least able to put up a fight if things turn sour :)

Mortus does indeed but it needs to be built up to.   A few comments about the wine are needed soon

• Members
« Reply #2921 on: September 10, 2012, 02:55:00 PM »
Well I guess you should start working then...

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #2922 on: September 10, 2012, 02:56:25 PM »
I'm building up to it.   There is no hurry, we can be at dinner for as long as we like.   At the moment the lady is more important.   After all if we are all going to be in the castle there is no reason to be in the cellar.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #2923 on: September 10, 2012, 02:56:45 PM »
I want mortus to go to the castle on her own to get intel for us.

Except she’d 90% likely die.

Pass the machete.

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #2924 on: September 10, 2012, 02:58:18 PM »
When did we last get XP?   If we get XP after dinner then Mortus could go to the castle herself and have a fair chance of surviving because she could learn the fly spell which would get her out of danger fairly sharpish :)