home

Author Topic: Shadows over Bogenhafen RPG (out of character thread)  (Read 735390 times)

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
Re: Shadows over Bogenhafen RPG (out of character thread)
« Reply #4425 on: December 08, 2012, 11:38:22 AM »
Ha! Sorry I will still do it all the time at the very least collecting favours or papers explaining that Klaus has the good will of the institution....that is how the Mafia is gaining most of its influence....I helped you, you owe me. Klaus will need some backing if he wants to become the Count of Sternberg. I wouldnīt mind if the npc find excuses that they canīt hand out magical items or money but asking for help will be stuck in their head and they wonīt forget it until they have helped out Klaus....and of course the others  :engel: at some point in the future.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #4426 on: December 08, 2012, 11:48:13 AM »
There you are, they are offering free tuition at the jade college!  :icon_razz:

Are you done at the college now? Semaphore time?
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

• Members
« Reply #4427 on: December 08, 2012, 11:49:11 AM »
I would have to walk barefoot all the time...hmm could win me sympathies with the Halflings of the Moot...I will consider it.

:::cheers::: :biggriin:

Yes Semaphore Time.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #4428 on: December 08, 2012, 12:20:06 PM »
Definitely a point in favour of being a jade wizard!

A point against would be Arnst hating you for being a wizard.

I've updated the complicated plot summary thing!

Current plot objectives

Destroy the Red Crown in Altdorf! Possible leads:

- track down Othmayer, Fink, the evil watch captain, and the secret agent at the Cathedral of Sigmar!

-the law firm of Othmayer and Finck, who provided the funding for Schmidt's expedition. Gregor Reuchlin, Elvyra's friend, works for them. He discovered the firm has a sinister new client which is trying to obtain wyrdstone. He gave Elvyra a number of names he suspects of involvement. He also stole some wyrdstone, and the red crown believed Elvyra had it (she doesn't).
Update: Gregor (probably) was mutated by wyrdstone, and has now been killed. The wyrdstone was found in his house along with a demonological scroll, and has been taken to the Cathedral of Sigmar. Father Tobius, the priest in charge of the Office of Investigations, intends to search Gregor's house for more evidence, and also raid the office of the law firm.
Update: the building had been emptied of files when the Sigmarites raided it, leading GT Yorri to suspect an informer at the cathedral of Sigmar. He gave Heinrich the addresses of the partners in the lawfirm: Poul Othmayer, 18 Spice Counter Row, off Volker Weg. Jonas Finck, 2b Braggart's Spike, a street not far from the university.
Update: Fink's house was empty, and deliberately trapped (including with a demon-summoning trap). Othmayer's contained a stash of bombs intended to be used to kill the Crown Prince of the Reikland, the Emperor's heir, on his visit to the city next month. Three cultists were in the process of moving the bombs to warehouse 48b, since they had been warned (by the insider at the Cathedral of Sigmar) of the impending raid. Two cultists were killed, and one captured and interrogated. The cultist named the leaders of the Red Crown as Othmayer, Fink, a college wizard, a captain of the watch, and someone at the Cathedral of Sigmar.

-  Heironymous Blitzen, a librarian at the university. Lives on Herman's Wake, near the north gate. (named as contact by Heinrich's brother, but as suspect by Gregor). Update: Blitzen is a wizard (and may be concealing this fact), and also grumpy. Update: Blitzen appears to be innocent: he helped finance Schmidt's expedition as an investment opportunity suggested by his friend Hollzauber, believing it to be a gold prospecting mission. Also, he is simply an amateur (and minor) wizard, rather than an evil sorcerer.

- Alberich Hollzauber, a wizard of the Jade College (suspect named by Gregor). The demonology books found in the rat-men lair had notes written on them about the use of Jade magic in conjunction with demonology. Update: Hollzauber was connected to the cult only because he was tricked into investing in Schmidt's expedition. His collegue Wolkenstein was the real traitor at the Jade College, and has been exposed.

- Captain Gustav Phorzheim of the city watch (suspect named by Gregor). No other information. The red crown cultist confirmed that a watch captain in the southern third of the city is a cult leader.

- warehouse 48b, by the docks in the eastern third of the city. Where Elvyra was to be taken by the red crown kidnappers. This is owned by the New Reikland Trading Company, based at 23 Wilhelmstrasse. The warehouse was bought recently through Othmayer and Finck. Update: Mortus has seen a concealed trap door in the warehouse. Update: the cultists planned to move the bombs here.

- red crown symbols painted mysteriously all over the city. Heinrich traced them to a section of the sewers under the slums in the eastern third. He encountered rat-men, who appear to have painted the symbols. They were keeping human prisoners, branded with red crowns, for sacrifice and possibly also slavery. A tunnel was found that may connect to a deeper network of rat-men lairs. Update: the tunnel did indeed connect to the lair of even more rat-men, presumably an invasion force. The rat-men were destroyed (with the aid of the Knights of the Fiery Heart) and the tunnel collapsed. Demonolgy books of human make were found in the lair. No other evidence was found to connect the rat-men to the Red Crown.

Defeat the villainous Etelka Herzen! Who is very likely in Marienburg, according to the magical powers of the High Wizard of the Jade College.

Track down Gotthard von Wittgenstein and bring him to justice. No information on his location.
If I wanted to.

• Members
« Reply #4429 on: December 08, 2012, 12:30:39 PM »
Semaphore Action...and after that I suggest we link up and get the captain of the guard.

If he is still alive.

That would only leave the last cultist in the temple of Sigmar if we can find out who he is the cult surely must be destroyed....we still have to find out though who is responsible for the sickness of the Emperor Karl Franz AND I have a strong feeling that one of the last Wittgensteins must be involved in that, finding him and bringing him to justice (meaning killing him without proper trial or proof).

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
« Reply #4430 on: December 08, 2012, 12:37:09 PM »
The priest is probably the easiest to find. Get all the people the Arch lector think could be involved. Tell them all different information. See which one is leaked first.
Curse you and your ability to stay within the lines.

• Members
« Reply #4431 on: December 08, 2012, 12:49:40 PM »
Hmm chain of command issues as soon as someone orders something everyone below the chain of command knows that there was a hoax.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #4432 on: December 08, 2012, 01:26:07 PM »
When Heinrich again meets the group he will relate all he has learned and find out everything they know, then we can talk to Heinrich's brother about this other watch captain, and get after that warehouse. I imagine we can enlist the watch to help, using my letter from GT and my connections in the watch itself.
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #4433 on: December 08, 2012, 01:57:46 PM »
Right, you've all conveniently met up in the square.

The emperor will show up in a while!
If I wanted to.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #4434 on: December 08, 2012, 02:50:29 PM »
Quote from: commandant
Also Mortus is on the look out or Max's father

Uh oh. Why?
If I wanted to.

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #4435 on: December 08, 2012, 02:51:37 PM »
She wants to meet him again.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #4436 on: December 08, 2012, 02:52:29 PM »
To have a polite conversation? Or to set him on fire?
If I wanted to.

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #4437 on: December 08, 2012, 02:55:04 PM »
To have a polite conversation.   She wants to say sorry for missing dinner.   Why would you think she wants to set him in fire?

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #4438 on: December 08, 2012, 03:00:05 PM »
Because it's hard to guess what Mortus might do next!
If I wanted to.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #4439 on: December 08, 2012, 05:00:18 PM »
So, there's the emperor. That took a while!

I wanted to find a picture of him, but there isn't one apart from later efforts involving giant chickens.
If I wanted to.

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #4440 on: December 08, 2012, 05:35:57 PM »
Because it's hard to guess what Mortus might do next!

Mortus is a nice innocent and sweet girl :)

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #4441 on: December 08, 2012, 07:03:48 PM »
So, there's the emperor. That took a while!

I wanted to find a picture of him, but there isn't one apart from later efforts involving giant chickens.

CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #4442 on: December 08, 2012, 07:49:48 PM »
Well, he does look ill in that picture! But I don't think it's intentional.

p.s. Mortus can go talk to Max's dad if she wants. He's over there.
If I wanted to.

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #4443 on: December 08, 2012, 09:21:17 PM »
Nah, she'll talk to him later.   She may leave the group so that she can talk to him.   Too many people around, Mortus isn't that fond of talking to people where there are loads of people around.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #4444 on: December 08, 2012, 11:11:46 PM »
Very suspicious.
If I wanted to.

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #4445 on: December 09, 2012, 11:25:16 AM »
Not really, she is just shy :)

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
« Reply #4446 on: December 09, 2012, 11:43:05 PM »
I drank so much yesterday that I was concerned I might never sober up today. Know what Arnst feels like now.
Curse you and your ability to stay within the lines.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #4447 on: December 09, 2012, 11:58:32 PM »
Method acting.
If I wanted to.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #4448 on: December 10, 2012, 11:35:09 AM »
Uh, were people expecting something major to happen at the semaphore opening? Massive explosions or rat invasions or something?

If so, sorry! I hadn't planned anything like that.
If I wanted to.

• Members
« Reply #4449 on: December 10, 2012, 11:37:59 AM »
Nope not at all...seeing the Emperor if he is really ill...seeing a fantastic new gadget set in motion and seeing Max father and explaining him that Klaus is a fantastic person that will make a man out of Max.

Should I mention that it was I ...who arranged the woman sleeping with him?