home

Author Topic: Shadows over Bogenhafen RPG (out of character thread)  (Read 734739 times)

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
Re: Shadows over Bogenhafen RPG (out of character thread)
« Reply #6000 on: April 12, 2013, 11:51:12 AM »
Exactly. It's unfair, but there's not a lot you can do about it.

I feel like I provided sufficient warnings and precedents! I even set up Law Lord Hoflich as being extremely harsh.

The watch even warned Admund on his release from the drunk tank that he'd be lashed if he got into more trouble!

Also, the watch do actually have those other witnesses they talked about. Obviously they are liars, but they must be convincing ones.
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #6001 on: April 12, 2013, 11:53:34 AM »
And you guys really did bad stuff....so it isnīt really true that they are paragons of virtue.

Anyhow Klaus will try together with Max to get a pardon from the whipping but it will be costly as Hoflich and Ehrlich have a powerstruggle going on and Ehrlich canīt really show a weakness or reason for Hoflich to go after him...but it might work....on the other hand do you really want to be tried as spies with this guy?

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #6002 on: April 12, 2013, 11:57:42 AM »
I don't know why you think that you deserve to be beaten up by angry players. 

I feel like I'm being excessively mean.

You feel wrong, you are GMing very well.   It is the GM's job to be mean when the party are stupid.

I'm torn (probably because I'm new at this). There are some things that are more fun and interesting, but are not what Admund would really do. There are other things that Admund would really do, but he'd wind up in prison quickly, or I would detract from the plot a bit.

Do what Admund would do, let somebody else worry about the plot.

Also remember thaat reasonable doubt didn't need to be as great in the past and society was much much much harder than it currentily is.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 12:03:46 PM by commandant »

• Members
« Reply #6003 on: April 12, 2013, 12:07:49 PM »
Yes I think Mortus should be flogged too though.
 :engel:

Offline Karl Voss of Averland

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #6004 on: April 12, 2013, 12:08:36 PM »
So much for Admund joining the watch for the carnival.  :|
I sexually violated the cat.  When we have children I will push harder for this time honored and enjoyable tradition

Remembering what Rufas started and endures in us all

• Members
« Reply #6005 on: April 12, 2013, 12:09:12 PM »
Klaus might need a bodyguard... I would hire Admund but I think Klaus needs the bodyguard because of him.

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #6006 on: April 12, 2013, 12:11:02 PM »

She should, not doub, but she is not stupid enough to get caught yet.   There are times when the fact that Mortus is really fearful are useful.

Klaus might need a bodyguard... I would hire Admund but I think Klaus needs the bodyguard because of him.

just hire them.   Mortus currently has about six.   That said it might be harder to get them in Middenhiem

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #6007 on: April 12, 2013, 12:11:57 PM »
Thanks for going first, Admund!

Sorry.  :icon_sad:
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

• Members
« Reply #6008 on: April 12, 2013, 12:13:54 PM »
Whippedy whip whip....I think it should be easy enough to hire some strapling Norscan women to protect Klaus night and day....he is almost broke though...meaning he is down to around 1000 crowns.

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #6009 on: April 12, 2013, 12:14:26 PM »
So really rich.

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #6010 on: April 12, 2013, 12:14:45 PM »
Thanks for going first, Admund!

It's actually what Admund would do. He's served in a military unit as a mercenary since he was 19. He's not afraid of a licking.

He is however, going to be very angry. Might want to change career to Outlaw Chief at this rate...
I sexually violated the cat.  When we have children I will push harder for this time honored and enjoyable tradition

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #6011 on: April 12, 2013, 12:15:57 PM »
The problem with this is the party is artificially constructed for the purpose of plot.

Admund in "real" life would almost certainly not join the party, and the party would almost certainly have not been formed in the first place.

She should, not doub, but she is not stupid enough to get caught yet.   
As already said many many times, Julian could have just killed bardin and dumped him in river.
This situation is not a product of stupidity, but of a conscious choice of mine for a couple of reasons
1) try to stop murdering everyone
2) julian take the moral highground
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #6012 on: April 12, 2013, 12:19:45 PM »
The problem with this is the party is artificially constructed for the purpose of plot.

Admund in "real" life would almost certainly not join the party, and the party would almost certainly have not been formed in the first place.

He might have, to try and stop himself being hung for kidnapping Max.   The orignal party, maybe not.   In RPGs I am firmly of the belief that it is the GMs job to look after the plot.   The players should just do what their person would do.   

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #6013 on: April 12, 2013, 12:21:16 PM »

Exactly. Admund would have ditched everyone instantly and left for Marienburg or Carroburg, and doesn't give two shits about Middenheim's tax issues. But then everyone non-dwaf or wizard would simply not care. I'm making him stay because I want to play with everyone around (the characters are so fun and rich!) and the plot is super interesting to me. Plus I want to make it simpler on Rufus to tell a story rather than have to coerce me into it.

I'm just having trouble walking the line between the two sides with each of my actions.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #6014 on: April 12, 2013, 12:29:41 PM »

He might have, to try and stop himself being hung for kidnapping Max.   The orignal party, maybe not.   In RPGs I am firmly of the belief that it is the GMs job to look after the plot.   The players should just do what their person would do.   

"we're fighting an evil chaos cult [which no one would believe in], we've killed ratmen[which no one believes in], lets go and kill this super strong demon"

errr, you lot are criminally insane, but also obviously dangerous. cya later!

There is no reason for Admund to stick around as soon as he returned Max to the group. At the most, as soon as Bardin is dealt with (which would have likely been a knife in the back). Then he'd leave.

But that's ok, because we are trying to play a game!

Exactly. Admund would have ditched everyone instantly and left for Marienburg or Carroburg, and doesn't give two shits about Middenheim's tax issues. But then everyone non-dwaf or wizard would simply not care. I'm making him stay because I want to play with everyone around (the characters are so fun and rich!) and the plot is super interesting to me. Plus I want to make it simpler on Rufus to tell a story rather than have to coerce me into it.

I'm just having trouble walking the line between the two sides with each of my actions.
You jkust have to accept the artifical nature of it all! The only logical way for a party to be formed is if the group all knew each other from their younger days- or at least some of them do.

At the end of the day, the group is too strong in combat which allows us to be uncreative. So I was trying to avoid that. Sorry it ended badly! Julian will apologise, while still taking the moral highground of not murdering bardin.

Pass the machete.

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #6015 on: April 12, 2013, 12:34:18 PM »
[Brutal picture Rufus!]

I have been reduced to 0 wounds TWICE in a 24 hour period  :ph34r: Atleast I only have 1 insanity point.

Admund probably won't be healed enough to fight at the carnival will he? Can I get a wheelchair? How high profile is this? I was hoping to be non-recognizable while investigating the tax stuff.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 12:38:00 PM by Karl Voss of Averland »

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #6016 on: April 12, 2013, 12:36:32 PM »
Then it is the player's job to find a reason why their person didn't just cut ties and run.   Saying that it is "For the good of the story" I a little lazy I think and leads to strange and unnatural things happening.

I find it hard to believe that a dwarf [or at least an honourable one] would ever stab somebody in the back.   Instant slayerage.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #6017 on: April 12, 2013, 12:38:43 PM »
Heinrich is enraged to the point of actually contemplating murder. This isn't good.

Then it is the player's job to find a reason why their person didn't just cut ties and run.   Saying that it is "For the good of the story" I a little lazy I think and leads to strange and unnatural things happening.

I find it hard to believe that a dwarf [or at least an honourable one] would ever stab somebody in the back.   Instant slayerage.

If we all went tearing half way across the Empire for literally no reason there would be no story.
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #6018 on: April 12, 2013, 12:39:12 PM »
Then it is the player's job to find a reason why their person didn't just cut ties and run. 
lol.

what reason does admund have to stay then?

What reason did Mortus, a 16 year old girl, have for going on a bounty hunt with a random stranger she met 2 hours earlier?

CMON SON

Pass the machete.

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #6019 on: April 12, 2013, 12:45:32 PM »
Mortus needs protection.   Her main reason for joining the group was that she thought that they could protect her on the road.   Not much happened in Bogenhafen before she met Max that was dangerous.   After she met Max she hung around because she was interested in Max.

You would note that as soon as Mortus thought that the party was being silly or there were more important things to do, she went off to do the more important things.

Also you say that she is 16 like that is a young age when two things should be considered.

A: She is 17 and
B: The life lenght of the warhammer world is quite shorter.   

Therefore you should consider Mortus as closer to thirty in present age when considered her expected life length.   She is quite an adult.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #6020 on: April 12, 2013, 12:48:37 PM »
I just read the beginning of the thread- there was never any reason or justification of the group being together. rufus simply referred to us as a group of adventurers.

Given mortus' extreme paranoia, why would she have considered us any more protective or less likely to gang rape her than anyone else on the road?
stop being ridiculous.

a 16 year old girl wouldnt be considered young, by a 31 year old seasoned bounty hunter, a 28 year old gambler and liar, and a 60 year old dwarf..

and cannon should consider heinrich 60, when consider his expected life length?

, she went off to do the more important things.
fucking

hilarious.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 12:53:35 PM by Finlay »

Pass the machete.

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #6021 on: April 12, 2013, 12:49:25 PM »
Awww Canon you edited your post! I thought you were going to go all kung-fu panda on everyone.

• Members
« Reply #6022 on: April 12, 2013, 12:52:45 PM »
On the clerk at least...but that would have ended really bad.

Also the reason for Admund to join and help could be ...demons...threatening the Empire therefore EVERYONE living in it of course someone who is brave enough should step up and try to fight this. Also the party is filthy rich, if Admund thinks he can make more as a sellsword...travelling ALONE to Marienburg or Carroburg his int score should be lower. Travelling most certainly is dangerous business and would take months without any employment and the chance of brigands or worse Greenskins or Beastmen.

Overall Admund comes over as someone who offers his service.(blade) by punching the employer in the face first..which makes him a rather bad sellsword. He should turn brigand soon.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #6023 on: April 12, 2013, 12:53:00 PM »
Awww Canon you edited your post! I thought you were going to go all kung-fu panda on everyone.

I realized Heinrich was being too dramatic. He won't commit assault to save himself a lashing. He's still super pissed. That clerk better hope he's not a cultist. Also Heinrich may need to 'interrogate' him later to find out who lied to get us whipped in the first place.
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #6024 on: April 12, 2013, 12:54:10 PM »
I just read the beginning of the thread- there was never any reason or justification of the group being together. rufus simply referred to us as a group of adventurers.

Given mortus' extreme paranoia, why would she have considered us any more protective or less likely to gang rape her than anyone else on the road?
stop being ridiculous.

Julian is a dwarf, hence honourable, hence not really into the gang rape.

, she went off to do the more important things.
fucking

hilarious.

I agree with you, you should use your player information to leave parts of dangerous cults surviving while going on with the story.

You will also note the Mortus didn't go charging into the sewers in Bogenhafen like the others.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 12:56:28 PM by commandant »