home

Author Topic: Shadows over Bogenhafen RPG (out of character thread)  (Read 734676 times)

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
Re: Shadows over Bogenhafen RPG (out of character thread)
« Reply #6250 on: April 21, 2013, 01:42:01 PM »
You got a point  :::cheers:::

Online commandant

• Members
« Reply #6251 on: April 21, 2013, 01:44:26 PM »
And BS 50 isn't bad :)

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #6252 on: April 21, 2013, 04:15:00 PM »
Actually, they really do have BS 30, according to the description of Imperial armies given in the Enemy Within book.

However, there are relatively few standing armies in The Empire, all based in the city-states. The provincial armies seen in the various Empire army books for warhammer do not exist.
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline Karl Voss of Averland

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #6253 on: April 21, 2013, 04:17:03 PM »
Warning, long, lazy sunday post ahead:

I'm now back from Istanbul! The party has met a lot of new people at these events! Klaus is schmoozing the "well-to-do" crowd, and Julian's new public stature can gain him some useful face time with some public officials. Maybe if we ride the wave of Julian the Champion, we can get some closer glimpses at the goings on at court and see if we can catch a glimpse at who's pulling the strings.

I was rereading some of the things Julian posted earlier and reviewing who we've met.

I fairly confident the elves and the Dieter the former champion aren't behind influencing the Graf to pass the evil taxes, despite some of the rumors we've heard flung around by other NPCs. The military seems to be full of fairly stand up good people, and I don't think they're behind the scenes pulling the Graf's strings. However, making friends with them might give us some allies when we do uncover the cultists behind the scenes.

Finlay, you mentioned Gotthard and I reread the letter that Julian found in the cave wizard scientist. Copied below:

My dear Wolfgang, (1)

Yes, the latest package finally arrived from my beloved sister! Here it is. It would have been hell to get it into the city by the usual channels, even with my connections, so I had to make alternative arrangements. Hope this specimen is in as good condition as the last one! I'd be thrilled to hear what you intend to do with these things, but I know how your lot love your secrets. Maybe you don't know yourself! I wouldn't be the least bit surprised.

You must come to my next party. It's going to be a good one - lots of first-timers will be there. I know it's not your scene, but it's not healthy to spend all your time by yourself.

Must go, lots of arrangements to make. And I can't avoid work for much longer! They keep chasing me around with forms that need signing. Much as I love the new taxes, I could do without all the extra paperwork. I'll have to see the chancellor about it. (2)

Love and hugs,

G. (3)

What we don't know about this letter is who the letter is to and from. Do we? Was wolfgang the wizard or was G?

(1) - Have we met a Wolfgang yet? Maybe he works at the Windhund Haulage Company? Or perhaps the wizard is Wolfgang?

(2) - Notice how the author of the letter is busy avoiding work and his responsibilities. Earlier, when Max, Klaus, and Admund visited the Tax Officers, we learned some things about the Komission. We know this:

"Greta Udilier, clerk at the Komission for Commerce, Trade and Taxation. Overworked due to administering the new taxes, but generally approves of them (because the city needs the money to pay for the carnival). Annoyed by Komission Convenor Brant's shirking of his duties."

"Gotthard Brant, Convenor of the Komission for Commerce, Trade and Taxation, Chairman of the Merchants' Guild. Lives close to the Komission, on Schmutzige Strasse (address known by party). Never seems to be at work or at home. [party have seen his portrait]"

Which leads me to...

(3) - is "G" for Gotthard? What the Wizard known as "G". Maybe there is a character also named with a "G" but based on context from (2) the G could be referring to Gotthard Brant.

I think that whoever the "power behind the throne" is must be lurking about int he Merchant and Legal Realms. We know that whoever wrote the letter above is in contact with Sparsm. We also know from Sgt. Kratz of the Southgate watch that the Watch Captain was being leaned into by someone. Maybe the Law Lords? They seem fairly shady, since the tax law had to come through them to the Graf.

Therefore I'm suspicious of: (in order)

-Gotthard Brant
-Chancellor Sparsam
-The Law Lords

Maybe we can use our connections to start poking around these three? Admund, Max, and Klaus got Brant's address at the tax office. I have no idea how the Windhund Hauling company is involved but the party believes there is a connection. Has this been explained to Admund?
I sexually violated the cat.  When we have children I will push harder for this time honored and enjoyable tradition

Remembering what Rufas started and endures in us all

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #6254 on: April 21, 2013, 04:26:23 PM »
Just when I thought everyone had forgotten that letter!

Stay on the trail, Scooby Doo.

:::cheers:::

I have no idea how the Windhund Hauling company is involved but the party believes there is a connection. Has this been explained to Admund?

The party have information (via the Red Crown cult!) that the haulage company is a front for the Purple Hand cult. That's all they know so far.
If I wanted to.

• Members
« Reply #6255 on: April 21, 2013, 04:31:10 PM »
Great post Karl!

And I think yes Klaus should check the Windhaund company .....I wonder if we should even drop the name of Kastor Liebenrung while around there...that he was a friend of us and told us to go here.

But that might be too obvious and blunt.

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #6256 on: April 21, 2013, 04:36:42 PM »
Zoinks!

Well, i'm interested in figuring it out. I just need to find a way to get Admund to care. Admund's read the letter and has been in combat with the demon, but the Bardin business certainly distracted him. At least I got a monocle to sell off out of the deal!

My minotaur fight is coming up soon too. Here's hoping Admund can break his bad luck streak!   :::cheers:::

Do the purple hand know that WE know about the Windhund company? Maybe they don't know I'm with you lot? Could I just walk in the front door and see what I can see? Maybe hire some street urchins to poke around for us? Midnight break-in attempt?

Whatever we do, we have to be careful as Julian+Ragni, Heinrich, and Klaus (whilst rubbing elbows with the upper classes) are starting to get public attention for their deeds at the carnival. Last thing we need is Julian to be recognized sneaking into the place.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 04:39:58 PM by Karl Voss of Averland »
I sexually violated the cat.  When we have children I will push harder for this time honored and enjoyable tradition

• Members
« Reply #6257 on: April 21, 2013, 04:48:31 PM »
As far as we know the purple hand doesn´t know anything about us...they might know that the red crown was destroyed by some witch hunters...or they might not even know that one.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #6258 on: April 21, 2013, 09:05:35 PM »
So, back to the really important stuff: it's mino fight time. Is Admund going to go for it?

Head to the stadium if so!
If I wanted to.

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #6259 on: April 21, 2013, 09:46:18 PM »
Shucks, I keep having second thoughts about the mino fight. I think I could take him, but I have no idea how strong this mino can bite. With no armor, T3 Admund can't take the punishment that T7 Julian can.

I think I'll do it anyway. Why not, eh? I could always use more coin and public respect.  :happy:

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #6260 on: April 21, 2013, 09:48:47 PM »
Sigmar/Ulric/whoever favours the bold!
If I wanted to.

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #6261 on: April 21, 2013, 10:03:19 PM »
Fortune also favors the bold. Unfortunately, the dice don't!

Now that I think of it, I never really figured out Admund's beliefs. I think he follows Sigmar and Verena. He's from Carroburg, which is more "cosmopolitan" compared to the rest of Middenland. He says "Sweet Verena" fairly often, but more as an expression. He isn't that devout.

I'll go for it! Will write the post in a few minutes

• Members
« Reply #6262 on: April 21, 2013, 10:30:32 PM »
Ranald doesn´t favor the bold I guess....more the cunning and cowardly.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #6263 on: April 21, 2013, 11:06:30 PM »
I think most people will pray to whichever god is most relevant to their situation. They won't devote themselves to one particular god.

I'll go for it!

Excellent!

Don't blame me if it goes horribly wrong! Well, actually you can blame me, since I encouraged you.
If I wanted to.

• Members
« Reply #6264 on: April 21, 2013, 11:12:09 PM »
So my guess.....they somehow put pressure on Ehrlich to pass the law and even though chancellor Sparsam (which means sparing in German ...HA!) suggested the tax but it wasn´t his original idea. We might be able to blackmail him with his "disgusting" advances on the Lady Eberhauer. Is there even a great dance? I think I remember Klaus buying extra fancy clothes for it.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #6265 on: April 21, 2013, 11:16:26 PM »
Is there even a great dance? I think I remember Klaus buying extra fancy clothes for it.

There's the garden party on the third day of the carnival. It's a big social event that you need an invitation for.
If I wanted to.

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #6266 on: April 21, 2013, 11:17:28 PM »
Don't blame me if it goes horribly wrong! Well, actually you can blame me, since I encouraged you.

Oh, I'll blame you regardless. Unless I win, then it was all my idea.

J. W. Göttingen’s Collected Folk Tales

I've read those too!

Who was the clerk that was at our flogging? Was it from Holfich? I have a feeling it was him leaning on the Watch Captain against us. I don't like any of the Law Lords, but I think they might be hard to get to. Do they live in the palace? Klaus doing well gathering information from people. There are fancy events like plays, operas, etc going on the next few days. Maybe you can bring this lady as a date and see who turns up?

• Members
« Reply #6267 on: April 21, 2013, 11:24:46 PM »
Yes ....and Klaus even has the clothes to change every day  :happy:

He will try to charm the Elf too, talking about dancing and art and good food and wine hedonism Klaus will tell him from the great Averlandish wines and that he should come to visit the south at some point....might work too. Hmm problem with bringin the wizard as a date, she already has been mined for information and talking to other women with her around might be....a direct path to Klaus changing into a frog  :biggriin:

I think the High Wizard should be able to get us as many invites as we need....who would like to go to that party?

Also one more thing I am sure that we can get Jana Eberhauers help regarding the King she might be able to find out if we already have banished him permanently ...and if not do it for us with his name. Party question...should Klaus toucht the topic as it would reveal at least a bit of the party´s background.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 11:29:49 PM by Fandir Nightshade »

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #6268 on: April 21, 2013, 11:33:00 PM »
I have some nice clothes, but lack the refined behavior that would be needed to chit-chat at the party. Max has several skills that would aide you though (Etiquette and dance!). Maybe I could be a bodyguard or something, but that might be pushing it.

Idea! That Gotthard fellow mentioned in the letter that he likes parties. Maybe you can find out if he is attending? Maybe us unrefined folk can poke around his house for clues and scooby snacks. (we know the address!) Or maybe we can do the same for one of the law lords, but that sounds more dangerous.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 11:35:09 PM by Karl Voss of Averland »

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #6269 on: April 21, 2013, 11:35:17 PM »
Burglary is always a good idea! Well, except for when you burgled that dwarf merchant's house on no evidence.  :icon_razz:

Who was the clerk that was at our flogging? Was it from Holfich? I have a feeling it was him leaning on the Watch Captain against us. I don't like any of the Law Lords, but I think they might be hard to get to. Do they live in the palace?

Yes, he was from Hoflich (the one with the mean reputation).

You can find out where the Law Lords live! But you don't know yet.

Quote from: Fandir Nightshade
He will try to charm the Elf too

Elves are open-minded! Wink wink.
If I wanted to.

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #6270 on: April 21, 2013, 11:39:49 PM »
Klaus is becoming a gay elf bawd?

Burglary is always a good idea! Well, except for when you burgled that dwarf merchant's house on no evidence.  :icon_razz:

We burglarized for evidence. Ogrim had a connection, and was worth the shot! Luckily Heinrich didn't become an axe murderer.

• Members
« Reply #6271 on: April 21, 2013, 11:44:45 PM »
wink wink...do I get extra fel talking to him?

.....just talking guys!!!

:ph34r:

Also I think that if Klaus tries to infiltrate the purple hand...he could disguise himself so they won´t know he is that count of sternberg fellow asking strange questions. should we try though? Klaus could get captured and than the social guy would be missing and less information from all the different npc`s.

Old man hitting on redhead wizard......wasn´t there a Slaanesh influenced cult at Castle Wittgenstein?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 12:12:34 AM by Fandir Nightshade »

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #6272 on: April 22, 2013, 12:43:11 AM »
I'm assuming Heinrich and Julian want to watch Admund fight the minotaur? They don't have to, of course.

wasn´t there a Slaanesh influenced cult at Castle Wittgenstein?

Yes! They were having an orgy, but then Klaus shot their Demonette.
If I wanted to.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #6273 on: April 22, 2013, 04:08:45 AM »
2 gold crowns on the minotaur!  :::cheers:::
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #6274 on: April 22, 2013, 09:47:49 AM »
Ha ha, seriously?

If anyone wants to bet, say so now.
If I wanted to.