home

Author Topic: Shadows over Bogenhafen RPG (out of character thread)  (Read 734666 times)

Offline commandant

• Members
Re: Shadows over Bogenhafen RPG (out of character thread)
« Reply #8325 on: November 04, 2013, 10:34:56 PM »
doesn't open door to party member, runs away from them as it is safer to be on her own.

goes on a boat with a depraved psychotic cultist.

#mortuslogic

Doesn't open the door to a random stranger who she has no idea who he is, given that one person she trusts has just disappeared from his room and she has been attacked by chaos cultists I understand why you think she should trust random strangers.

Tries to go back to the party, is threatened by the person who seems to be the party leader and other party members.

Doesn't know that Brandt is a psychotic cultist.   Does know he is a cultist but figures that she is safer in the boat where other people can see them [assuming that there are other people on the lake of course] than somewhere else where other people couldn't see them.

Thought that maybe she could bluff him into believing that she was a friend of his sister's.   Failed at that.

Life is a bit difficult sometimes though no doubt Finlay's will improve now he has had his little attack.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 10:38:35 PM by commandant »

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #8327 on: November 04, 2013, 10:46:25 PM »
doesn't open door to party member, runs away from them as it is safer to be on her own.

goes on a boat with a depraved psychotic cultist.

#mortuslogic

Doesn't open the door to a random stranger who she has no idea who he is, given that one person she trusts has just disappeared from his room and she has been attacked by chaos cultists I understand why you think she should trust random strangers.

Tries to go back to the party, is threatened by the person who seems to be the party leader and other party members.

Doesn't know that Brandt is a psychotic cultist.   Does know he is a cultist but figures that she is safer in the boat where other people can see them [assuming that there are other people on the lake of course] than somewhere else where other people couldn't see them.

Thought that maybe she could bluff him into believing that she was a friend of his sister's.   Failed at that.

Life is a bit difficult sometimes though no doubt Finlay's will improve now he has had his little attack.

my life's pretty awesome mate, and watching your hilarious moon logic and mortus' fuckjing ridiculous decision making only makes it better. Hilarious.

"doesnt know he's a psychotic cultist"
1. pretty sure most chaos cultists are psychos.
2. pretty sure we were told gotthard wittgenstein was a psycho, even worse than his family... who were all psychos. The least psychotic one was a talking cockroach.
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #8328 on: November 04, 2013, 10:59:58 PM »
"doesnt know he's a psychotic cultist"
1. pretty sure most chaos cultists are psychos.
2. pretty sure we were told gotthard wittgenstein was a psycho, even worse than his family... who were all psychos. The least psychotic one was a talking cockroach.

Not all chaos cultists are psychos.   However it is interesting that you think they all are, it makes a lot of sense.

I seem to remember a long and complex discussion based on the fact that Mortus was less convinced than everybody else of the psychoness of the von Wittgensteins.   No doubt you have forgotten but you can go back and check if you want and while the von Wittgnsteins showed a certain lack of caring towards their subjects [which can hardly be considered abnormal], an interest in warpstone and a certain following for one of the chaos gods they appeared much more seductive than psychotic, but then I have forgotten that all cultists regardless of type are psychos.

Attacking people in a public place can not be considered a very good idea for somebody who is trying to remain unnoticed [but then all cultists are psychos and Gotthard wouldn't care that attacking somebody in a public place is going to bring the attention of everybody around onto him I'm sure.   After all, all cultists are psychos.]

You have failed to explain why not letting a random stranger into the room you are in when you are fairly certain that you are being chased by a chaos cult and a friend of yours has just been nabbed by them is more 'moon logic' than letting a random stranger into your room in these conditions.

You have also failed to explain how a person is safer with a party that is openly, suddenly and without real reason hostile and whose leader is opening threatening as compared to not being with them.

However the real root of the problem is that, as this quote shows

Finlay believes that the characters should follow the plot above everything else.   Therefore from time to time he feels the need to engage in personal attacks.   It is, afterall, what it is.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 11:01:59 PM by commandant »

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #8329 on: November 04, 2013, 11:01:02 PM »

I seem to remember a long and complex discussion based on the fact that Mortus was less convinced than everybody else of the psychoness of the von Wittgensteins.  .
she should be burned as a witch, then

Pass the machete.

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #8330 on: November 04, 2013, 11:03:07 PM »

I seem to remember a long and complex discussion based on the fact that Mortus was less convinced than everybody else of the psychoness of the von Wittgensteins.  .
she should be burned as a witch, then

:eusa_clap:

Please feel free to respond to the rest of the post as well.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #8331 on: November 04, 2013, 11:06:35 PM »
if you believe so hard you're on the moon, one day perhaps you'll get therte.

The wittgensteins, apart from cockroach dad, are quite explicitly evil, psychotic, chaos worshippers. Gotthard is quite explicitly said to be worse than the others.

why would mortus sympathise with them, or think them not psycho's, when it is explicitly reinforced that they are.

why would you then be surprised if people say thats a bad thing for mortus to do?

and the main problem, why did you decide it was bad for people to use magic in the empire, when it is quite explicitly not?

maybe on the moon you can't use magic.

enjoy your swim!

Pass the machete.

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #8332 on: November 04, 2013, 11:20:35 PM »
if you believe so hard you're on the moon, one day perhaps you'll get therte.
The wittgensteins, apart from cockroach dad, are quite explicitly evil, psychotic, chaos worshippers. Gotthard is quite explicitly said to be worse than the others.
why would mortus sympathise with them, or think them not psycho's, when it is explicitly reinforced that they are.
why would you then be surprised if people say thats a bad thing for mortus to do?

The Wittgensteins were racists, cruel, narrow-minded chaos worshipers that had a thing for warpstone.   However their god of choice seemed to be Slannish so therefore seductive rather than psychotic seemed to be the order of the day, the pursuit of pleasure rather than the pursuit of power and slaughter.   

Mortus didn't sympathize with them, she just didn't pre-judge them and as such came to the idea that they were more interested in pleasure than power [well except Margriette whom she stabbed several times if I remember correctly].   You forget after all who destroyed the warpstone, or maybe you just over look it.   I do understand why not pre-judging characters is so difficult.   After all it is clear from the plot that one of the von Wittgensteins [though I thought it was the father rather than Margriette] is the big bad evil in that chapter, therefore how can they not be prejudged?

and the main problem, why did you decide it was bad for people to use magic in the empire, when it is quite explicitly not?

And yet when Mortus met Max and discovered that he was studying magic or at least in contact with those who were studying magic this didn't seem to bother her in the slightest.   She didn't seem to think that he was going to get burnt at the stake.   That is strange if she believed that it was bad for people to use magic in the Empire.

enjoy your swim!

This, of course, is the other part of the puzzle.   It fits nicely with the idea that all the characters should follow the plot at all times.

Interesting that he took back the ring.   Is there any way she can clench her fist to try and stop him?   A

lso I should apologize to the other members of the game.   Me and Finlay appear to be going around again, no doubt 'moon logic' will crop up repeatedly in the next few posts as Finlay gets his attacks out of his system.   It is what it is after all.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 11:23:01 PM by commandant »

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #8333 on: November 04, 2013, 11:58:14 PM »
Nope, I'm done.

must have left my space suit at my parents house.

Pass the machete.

Offline Karl Voss of Averland

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #8334 on: November 05, 2013, 02:21:21 AM »
So much for Julian being invincible!  :Ohmy:

I think Klaus and Heinrich have better skills for shadowing people, and Max and I are less skilled (and I'm potentially recognizable to Cassildia). It might be a good plan to have you two stalk the elfs, and Max and I stalk you. When we figure out what they're up to we can go from there.
I sexually violated the cat.  When we have children I will push harder for this time honored and enjoyable tradition

Remembering what Rufas started and endures in us all

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #8335 on: November 05, 2013, 04:42:18 AM »
As Elves in Warhammer RPG are incredibly overpowered most likely they will find out that Klaus is stalking them but maybe we are LUCKY! Rufus I will make extensive use of my Luck skill...Ranald be with me.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #8336 on: November 05, 2013, 10:15:29 AM »
So much for Julian being invincible!  :Ohmy:

The dreaded chain of critical hits appeared!

Note for Julian: you can use your shield as a weapon - it doesn't do much damage, but will be sufficient to knock the guy back until you can maybe pick up your sword/draw another weapon (after another round, when your arm has recovered). Also, despite being on 0 wounds the odds of them getting another wound in aren't that high.

Feel free to surrender though!  ::heretic::

Quote from: Fandir
Rufus I will make extensive use of my Luck skill...Ranald be with me.

Ranald is with you d6 times a day!

Which is d6 times more than most gods manage.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 10:56:57 AM by rufus sparkfire »
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #8337 on: November 05, 2013, 11:15:04 AM »
Did that 100 critical miss make it easier to get me? (yes i see it did)

And could I have not parried the first wounding hit on me as well?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 11:18:22 AM by Finlay »

Pass the machete.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #8338 on: November 05, 2013, 11:18:38 AM »
I gave him a bonus to hit because of it, but he didn't need it - he'd have hit anyway. The massive damage was just luck!

Hope you aren't annoyed!  :unsure:

And could I have not parried the first wounding hit on me as well?

Yes, but if you parry you forfeit an attack in the next round. Sorry, assumed you didn't want to do that unless necessary.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 11:20:45 AM by rufus sparkfire »
If I wanted to.

Offline Sig

• Members
« Reply #8339 on: November 05, 2013, 11:21:53 AM »
What god do you have lined up to save Mortus?

Slaanesh?

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #8340 on: November 05, 2013, 11:23:16 AM »
My fault, should have specified I’d fight defensively and parry everything. Saving time for my lizziebeast! Asuming he isn’t like a shark and ate ragni’s bleeding head.

Pass the machete.

• Members
« Reply #8341 on: November 05, 2013, 11:27:27 AM »
Well funny how Sigmar either doesn t care or cant help...maybe Ranald is a demon ohmy :-) or it is good to follow a god with few followers.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #8342 on: November 05, 2013, 11:28:12 AM »
Sigmar has blessed us before, and Grungni has blessed Julian.

Pass the machete.

• Members
« Reply #8343 on: November 05, 2013, 11:30:28 AM »
But not on a daily basis..even though klaus is very glad about sigmars help too...he carries a hammer to make amends to the big guy

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #8344 on: November 05, 2013, 04:09:26 PM »
Will wait for Heinrich and Admund response before proceeding on elf-stalking plot.
If I wanted to.

Offline Karl Voss of Averland

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #8345 on: November 05, 2013, 05:57:00 PM »
Plot twist: Rufus has been replaced by a shape changer who is now trying to kill all of us!

Admund is going to hang back and wait for Heinrich to choose who he wants to follow and Admund and Max will tail the 3rd.
I sexually violated the cat.  When we have children I will push harder for this time honored and enjoyable tradition

Remembering what Rufas started and endures in us all

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #8346 on: November 05, 2013, 07:26:13 PM »
I assume you didn't take a fate point off her sheet as 6 seems like a lot.

INT test 6 = passed.   It looks like Mortus is smarter than I thought.   

Money notes were wrapped in oilskin and thus safe from the water

INT test 69 = failed.   The magic book she was carrying [level one spells] wasn't.   Will check for water damage later.

INT test 27 = passed.   The second magic book [level 2 spells] appears to have been wrapped in oilskins as well.

I thought INT tests were the best way to check for such foresight [I'm assuming that she did it on the barge at some point] though if people think there is a better way please let me know.

It appears that Rufus might get to give her the whipping he has been waiting for all this time.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #8347 on: November 06, 2013, 12:40:08 AM »
No, hadn't removed the fate point.

She was carrying spell books around with her? Didn't want to leave them at the inn?

Quote from: Karl
Plot twist: Rufus has been replaced by a shape changer who is now trying to kill all of us!

Someone told me I was a soft GM!
If I wanted to.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #8348 on: November 06, 2013, 12:19:42 PM »
Just what I was hoping wouldn't happen!

Pass the machete.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #8349 on: November 06, 2013, 12:27:53 PM »
Oh!

Sorry!
If I wanted to.