home

Author Topic: Shadows over Bogenhafen RPG (out of character thread)  (Read 734666 times)

Offline commandant

• Members
Re: Shadows over Bogenhafen RPG (out of character thread)
« Reply #10775 on: July 19, 2014, 10:07:16 PM »
Not much of an option that so.

.her fellowship score sucks.

Why does it suck?

Also Mortus is a wine merchant.   SHe is a member of the merchants' guild and she buys and sells wine.   What else do you need to be a wine merchant?

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #10777 on: July 19, 2014, 10:26:14 PM »
most of the time she isnīt really a woman either.

Also what does that mean?

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #10778 on: July 19, 2014, 10:45:10 PM »
You should play a male character..her fellowship score is 26...which is even below average nobody believes her if she tells ANY lie.

Regarding the part time female....you really should play a male character it certainly would make me feel better.

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #10779 on: July 19, 2014, 10:51:43 PM »
People can believe her if she tells lies, its just not that likely.

Also you didn't answer the question, I know that her fellowship score is 26, but I asked why does her fellowship suck?   As in what is it about her that makes her have a fellowship score of 26?

Regarding the part time female....you really should play a male character it certainly would make me feel better.

You realize that this doesn't in any way address the question that was posed.   What is it about her that makes her a part time female?

Other than making you feel better [which I suppose is a good enough reason in itself for a lot of things,] why should Mortus be a male character?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 11:00:09 PM by commandant »

• Members
« Reply #10780 on: July 19, 2014, 11:28:17 PM »
 :icon_rolleyes:

pardon me for a moment I thought one could reason with you.

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #10781 on: July 20, 2014, 11:12:57 AM »
One has to try reasoning order to reason with somebody.   All you have done is offer blanket statements and the closest you have come to backing them up is 'because it makes me feel uncomfortable'.

Cannon offered a reason why Mortus' fellowship is so low.   

I would disagree that she suffers from schizophrenia but it is an interesting take on the subject.   

Personally I think she suffers from some kind of paranoia disorder.   It is very difficult for her to trust people and, as a side effect of that, she is secretive, selective and vague a lot of the time.   This in turn makes it difficult for people to trust her, as such her interaction with people tends to be stilted, confusing, hidden, vague and often confusing.   
Her conversations with Gottard Brandt were a perfect example of this.   The thing that annoyed him was her poor fellowship, but what was it about her poor fellowship that annoyed him.   It was her unwillingness to trust him enough to get to the point.   She spent the entire time hinting rather than sawing and moving around things rather than moving towards them.

Interestingly enough this trait is not always bad.   When she was speaking with Jan in Bogenhafen her unwillingness to get to the point didn't hamper her much because that is what he expected.

Mortus doesn't have problems dealing with people because her fellowship is low, Mortus' fellowship is low because she has problems dealing with people.   The questions posed are what are those problems and why does she have them.

You realize that this doesn't in any way address the question that was posed.   What is it about her that makes her a part time female?

Other than making you feel better [which I suppose is a good enough reason in itself for a lot of things,] why should Mortus be a male character?

Also you might want to explain that one better.

@ Rufus: Can Steal Mind be boosted the same way as Sleep?

• Members
« Reply #10782 on: July 20, 2014, 11:20:33 AM »
In my opinion you are not playing Mortus as a female...at all. Also you donīt play out a low fellowship score...you are playing her as a mentally disordered soziopath....that can throw fireballs...and pretends to be hmmm.... deep but is just shallow......

But go ahead....play as you want and make things more complicated when they really donīt need to be.

Any try....getting her more into the group and  including her are bombed by your.....can of crazy.

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #10783 on: July 20, 2014, 11:29:01 AM »
In my opinion you are not playing Mortus as a female...at all.

You have now repeated this statement three times but you haven't said why even once.

Also you donīt play out a low fellowship score...

If my comment that her low fellowship score comes from her inability to trust people and as a result of that people's inability to trust her is incorrect then where does it come from?

Any try....getting her more into the group and  including her are bombed by your.....can of crazy.

What are the difficulties presented to getting her more involved in the group?

• Members
« Reply #10784 on: July 20, 2014, 11:35:32 AM »
Her fellowship score is low because you created a character following rules of a gaming book.

The rest...I wonīt get into....back to ignore mode. Have fun.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #10785 on: July 20, 2014, 11:50:36 AM »
Well if she hasn't been knighted it would be a problem, but she is.

The rest we've been over before, and the party has worked much better recently!
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #10786 on: July 20, 2014, 11:54:12 AM »
Her fellowship score is low because you created a character following rules of a gaming book.

For me this is never a good enough reason for why a character has a low fellowship score or a high fellowship score or whatever.   

There must be reasons behind those scores or the entire thing seems a little pointless.

The rest...I wonīt get into....back to ignore mode. Have fun.

So to my understanding you positions can be summarized as follows,

1: I am saying that you are doing this but I'm not going to say how you are doing it.
2: I am saying that you shouldn't do this but [other than it makes me uneasy] I am not going to say why you shouldn't do this.
3: I am saying that you should do this but I am not even going to consider how this could even be done and what the difficulties to doing this are.
4: You are asking me to explain the bald statements I am making.   Activate ignore mode at once least I have to think about the bald statements I'm making.   

Please correct me if any of those positions is incorrectly described.

• Members
« Reply #10787 on: July 20, 2014, 12:02:12 PM »
Well if she hasn't been knighted it would be a problem, but she is.

The rest we've been over before, and the party has worked much better recently!

The strangest things become problems....again...and again and again.

I guess ye olde CNN will broadcast the ceremony in the complete Empire and therefore everyone in Marienburg will know about it...also about all the events that happened in Middenheim the last couple of days. Mortus didnīt even seem to be that interested to find out anything about what is going on...she certainly didnīt help with anything except casting sleep on Admund and frying some Skaven after we dragged her along...almost forcing her.

The knighting isnīt a problem at all.

What I donīt get in my head is why Klaus would travel along with that ticking looney bomb.

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
« Reply #10788 on: July 20, 2014, 01:06:03 PM »
The knighting is just a prestige thing! We really don't have to actually do anything! Max explained it to Ragni but Klaus clearly wasn't listening!
Curse you and your ability to stay within the lines.

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #10789 on: July 20, 2014, 01:22:45 PM »
Just in case it got lost among Fandir's unsupported blanket statements and my other questions

Cant Steal Mind be boosted like Sleep can?

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #10790 on: July 20, 2014, 01:48:57 PM »
I would disagree that she suffers from schizophrenia but it is an interesting take on the subject.   

Personally I think she suffers from some kind of paranoia disorder.   It is very difficult for her to trust people and, as a side effect of that, she is secretive, selective and vague a lot of the time.   This in turn makes it difficult for people to trust her, as such her interaction with people tends to be stilted, confusing, hidden, vague and often confusing.   
Her conversations with Gottard Brandt were a perfect example of this.   The thing that annoyed him was her poor fellowship, but what was it about her poor fellowship that annoyed him.   It was her unwillingness to trust him enough to get to the point.   She spent the entire time hinting rather than sawing and moving around things rather than moving towards them.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoid_schizophrenia

• Members
« Reply #10791 on: July 20, 2014, 01:52:54 PM »
The knighting is just a prestige thing! We really don't have to actually do anything! Max explained it to Ragni but Klaus clearly wasn't listening!

But there has to be more to it but just a medal we can lift up and say.....yep Graf and us we are buddies.

Offline Karl Voss of Averland

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #10792 on: July 20, 2014, 07:01:49 PM »
Wow, we're at the ceremony! Busy weekend here, and I haven't gotten to really read the updates.

Writing a post now!
I sexually violated the cat.  When we have children I will push harder for this time honored and enjoyable tradition

Remembering what Rufas started and endures in us all

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #10793 on: July 20, 2014, 10:48:32 PM »
"Oh yes." he replies deadpan. "The mockier 'The Magnificent' is difficult to hold onto at the best of times you know. You have to look the part!" He doesn't acknowledge that he has cheated, illusions work better when people believe.

Moniker*

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #10794 on: July 21, 2014, 12:15:07 AM »
I sexually violated the cat.  When we have children I will push harder for this time honored and enjoyable tradition

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #10796 on: July 21, 2014, 12:47:17 PM »
Interesting, the blame for everything is falling on Brandt, and Holfich being a shape changer is being covered up.

Also,

« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 01:02:49 PM by Karl Voss of Averland »

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #10797 on: July 21, 2014, 01:17:39 PM »
No medal for Chewie = racism!

Oh, and Hoflich was murdered. It just happened a couple of months ago.
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #10798 on: July 21, 2014, 04:36:59 PM »
Yeah, as far as we know Hoflich was totally a victim, and no part of the plot.

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #10799 on: July 22, 2014, 03:08:57 AM »