home

Author Topic: Shadows over Bogenhafen: game thread [players only please!]  (Read 649243 times)

Online commandant

• Members
Re: Shadows over Bogenhafen: game thread [players only please!]
« Reply #650 on: June 21, 2012, 08:37:32 PM »
Mortus will look for a sword and also if there is a blow pipe and darts and also maybe sandbags or gloves with sand in them for knocking people out.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #651 on: June 21, 2012, 09:14:33 PM »
Mortus doesn't know how to use a blowpipe, and anyway isn't likely to find one at the Schaffenfest.

She can buy a good sword for 14 crowns [it does the same damage as her staff though].

[knocking people out is covered by 'going for a stun' rules, and is hard to do without the 'strike to stun' skill... and even then, you can still kill someone while trying to knock them out. There's no advantage to using a sandbag or whatever.]

Klaus suggest to Mortus that they go to the gambling tent. Is she interested?
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #652 on: June 21, 2012, 09:19:23 PM »
"Mr Julian sir," Max says, "if you cut the grating I could climb up and have a look around. No one will see me, sir!"
If I wanted to.

Online commandant

• Members
« Reply #653 on: June 21, 2012, 10:05:25 PM »
Why not go gambling.   Also she should buy a nice dark tunic, trousers and boots.   As I figure she is wearing a dress at the moment and an expensive one at that

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #654 on: June 21, 2012, 10:08:53 PM »
So Klaus and Mortus will buy some new cheap dark sturdy clothesl...Klaus will of course compliment Mortus on her choices of clothing and how great she looks in the new clothes, and then will teach her a bit about some rather trivial card game and gamble a bit with her in the tent before we return for the goat and wait for the others to make the final discussion about how the PLAN should work.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #655 on: June 21, 2012, 10:18:16 PM »
Julian cuts the grate and sticks his head out a bit, looking around.
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #656 on: June 21, 2012, 10:31:55 PM »
Julian saws though the grating - the rusted metal crumbles as he does so. Looking out, he can see the inside of a small shed. Someone will have to go up there and open the shed door to see anything else.

Max volunteers again.
If I wanted to.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #657 on: June 21, 2012, 10:50:04 PM »
Heinrich will go. He will chide Max about being too quick to volunteer for jobs best left to others.
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #658 on: June 21, 2012, 11:03:58 PM »
Max blushes and mutters an apology to Heinrich.

Heinrich climbs up through the hole and into the shed... it stinks. He opens the door a little, and looks outside. He's in a large, walled garden. There's an impressive manor house at the other end. It looks like this:

[The sewer entrance is in the pointy corner on the far right. Yes, I know the map doesn't show it... but the sewer map does, sort of. Who knows!]
If I wanted to.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #659 on: June 21, 2012, 11:51:07 PM »
Heinrich will return to Julian and Max.
"This is excellent. While Klaus and I follow Steinhager and Teugen, the rest of you can make your way through this secret passage to be positioned to help without being seen. Let's explore the sewers a little more, looking for anything that catches us as odd, and then head back to the inn to report this development to Klaus and Mortus."

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #660 on: June 22, 2012, 08:08:35 AM »
"That's wonderful, Heinrich - I'm sure we'll succeed in stopping the demon worshipers now!" Max sounds excited, as usual. "What else do you think we might find in the sewers? Did you want to hunt down that awful thing that killed Boris? I'm ready for anything."
If I wanted to.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #661 on: June 22, 2012, 08:34:47 AM »
Klaus and Mortus have a nice time at the Schaffenfest, clothes shopping, gambling, eating and drinking. They return to the Surprised Goat in high spirits and head up to the room, intending to talk further about the plan for that evening, and to wait for the others to return.

[I test: Mortus = 91, fail]
[I test: Klaus = 50, pass]

Klaus immediately notices something is wrong in their room: someone has searched it.
If I wanted to.

Online commandant

• Members
« Reply #662 on: June 22, 2012, 09:23:21 AM »
Mortus sits on the bed and pours herself a new goblet of wine.

"now all we need to do is wait for the others."

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #663 on: June 22, 2012, 12:12:24 PM »
Julian, Heinrich and Max explore that area of the sewers for a while longer, but can't see anything suspicious. They decide to return to the inn to meet up with Klaus and Mortus.

When they arrive at the Surprised Goat, Heinrich sees the innkeeper duck behind the bar out of sight.
If I wanted to.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #664 on: June 22, 2012, 01:13:32 PM »
Heinrich is suspicious of the innkeeper's suspicious activity. He will stay by the door keeping an eye out for trouble and alert Julian.

"I got a bad feeling."

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #665 on: June 22, 2012, 01:17:39 PM »
"What's the matter, Heinrich?" Max says, a little too loudly, "are we in danger?"

The bar is fairly quiet - there are two small groups of drinkers (one of three, one of four). As Heinrich watches, the innkeeper (keeping as low as he can) disappears through the door into the kitchen.
If I wanted to.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #666 on: June 22, 2012, 02:11:07 PM »
"Let's go max, Heinrich you stay here. shout if you need us" Julian quickly marches up to the room, intending to pack everything and leave quickly

fear, guilt and anger grip Julian's stomach. He reassures himself again that the doorman had to be silenced, and that he too would be acting like the innkeeper if the situation was reversed.

Upon entering the room, he finds Klaus about to explain to Mortus the room has been searched...

Pass the machete.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #667 on: June 22, 2012, 04:04:21 PM »
Max follows Julian upstairs, and packs his things when told to!
If I wanted to.

• Members
« Reply #668 on: June 22, 2012, 05:41:51 PM »
"The room has been searched!!!" Klaus says with an urgent tone in his voice and goes through their things and checks if he finds anything missing especially the book we got from Steinhager (did we leave it? What did we leave at the hotel room) if Julian comes up he tells him the same.

"Julian continue to search the room if something is missing I will go and together with Heinrich try to get the Innkeep and the maid for questioning......damn."

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #669 on: June 22, 2012, 05:57:01 PM »
Julian and Max check the room to see if anything is missing.

(Surely we wouldn't have left stuff of value, medieval inns probably aren't secure. )

Pass the machete.

• Members
« Reply #670 on: June 22, 2012, 07:11:19 PM »
OOC: Bloody shirt and the broken money cassettes are not really worth much .....but this is not that bad. If we canīt find him we leave the inn ...hide for the day and after that go on with the plan. If some of the bodyguards are roaming the city for us even better as they wonīt be at the mansion.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 07:41:52 PM by Fandir Nightshade »

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #671 on: June 22, 2012, 09:56:44 PM »
[I can't imagine you left anything much in the room. Maybe nothing! It was still searched anyway. What did Julian do with his bloody clothes? Or Steinhager's cashboxes? Disposed of them?]

"Hello Mortus and Klaus," Max says, "All my things are here, Mr. Julian sir - I just left my bag, my spare clothes and my leather vest. I hope you didn't lose anything sir!"

Nothing seems to be missing. Julian still has the evidence taken from the Steinhager offices, including the spellbook.

"I think we should move to a different inn," Max says, "it's the last day of the Schaffenfest, so a lot of people visiting the town will have already left. We should be able to get a room elsewhere. We could try the Journey's End, where I was staying... or somewhere else. But we aren't safe here." Max realises what he's saying, and looks ashamed. "Oh, I'm sorry - you don't need me to tell you what to do! It's not my place. I'll do whatever you think is best."
If I wanted to.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #672 on: June 22, 2012, 10:06:14 PM »
[I can't imagine you left anything much in the room. Maybe nothing! It was still searched anyway. What did Julian do with his bloody clothes? Or Steinhager's cashboxes? Disposed of them?]

In the sewer!

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #673 on: June 22, 2012, 10:12:18 PM »
If Heinrich detects no immediate danger, he will confront the innkeeper.

"Why are you hiding from us, good innkeeper? What is going on?"

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #674 on: June 22, 2012, 10:19:29 PM »
Heinrich follows the innkeeper into the kitchen. The back door is open, leading out onto the street. The innkeeper is there by himself - he looks ashamed and frightened. Heinrich notices that all the hair has been shaved from both of the halfling's feet, and his left foot also has a bandage on it.

"I'm so sorry, sir. They made me tell them all about you! I didn't want to - it's bad for business - but... they hurt me. One of them was here just now. I had to tell him when you were all here... they'll be coming for you now! Please, you should leave!"
If I wanted to.