home

Author Topic: Shadows over Bogenhafen: game thread [players only please!]  (Read 649142 times)

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
Re: Shadows over Bogenhafen: game thread [players only please!]
« Reply #6000 on: September 23, 2013, 05:23:33 PM »
"You are not useless as it is Heinrich and we can go along with you to the market before we go to Kratz. It is understandable that you feel better with some armour covering you and some weapon in your hand. If you allow I would like to pay part of the things you want to get from the market. You lost them while you tried to fight for our discoveries and to protect Middenheim." Klaus speaks in a sympathetic voice.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #6001 on: September 23, 2013, 08:24:08 PM »
"It's quite alright. I just need a few things to tide me over until I slit that bitch's throat and get my own equipment back."
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

• Members
« Reply #6002 on: September 23, 2013, 08:26:48 PM »
"Lets go together then...maybe you can get something right away or get an order done so we can pick it up later. Lets finish up the food and get going." Klaus seems energized but he has dark rings below his eyes.

Offline Karl Voss of Averland

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #6003 on: September 23, 2013, 08:53:23 PM »
Admund laughs. "That's the spirit, Heinrich. Just make sure you find out who she's working for before you open her neck, eh?"
I sexually violated the cat.  When we have children I will push harder for this time honored and enjoyable tradition

Remembering what Rufas started and endures in us all

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #6004 on: September 24, 2013, 08:58:38 AM »
[Mortus]

Mortus tries to meditate, but she feels ill after her heavy drinking the day before. She finds herself unable to attain the focus needed.
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #6005 on: September 24, 2013, 09:57:44 AM »
Heinrich can buy the things he needs in the Newmarkt district. Schmiedstrasse is home to the workshops of dozens of weapon and armor smiths.

He buys an axe, a chain shirt, a long bow, and thirty arrows, at a total cost of 120 crowns.
If I wanted to.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #6006 on: September 24, 2013, 10:09:03 AM »
The group then head to to the South Gate watch station. Captain Kratz welcomes them into his office, making sure that no one is listening at the door before he asks them to present the evidence.

He gasps in astonishment several times during the presentation.

When it's done, he says, "This is all a bit much for me... a couple of days ago I was out patrolling the streets, arresting drunks and pickpockets. Now I've got to deal with all this cult business." He shakes his head. "You've all done very well. I just wish I knew what to do about it. Should I arrest Brandt now? Or go to the Marshals first?" He frowns. "I suppose the best thing to do would be to catch Brandt and his cult in the act, so to speak. Raid one of their parties. Any idea when he's holding the next one?"

"Um, he didn't say anything in his journal, Captain," Max says, "at least, as far as I can tell. Maybe we could trail him and hope he leads us to the right place?"

"That could be dangerous though. What do the rest of you think?"
If I wanted to.

Online commandant

• Members
« Reply #6007 on: September 24, 2013, 11:07:24 AM »
Mortus is going to go downstairs and buy some coffee and soft bread.   Her head is killing her and the bright light of the sun is piercing her eyes.   She will sit in a shadowy corner and try and get her head together.   When she has eaten she will ask if there are any messages for her.   If there are none she will go to the rest of the party's inn and see if they are there.

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #6008 on: September 24, 2013, 04:52:32 PM »
"Aye, it's a bit much for me too." Admund says wiping the sleep from his eyes. "Everything's been a bit much since yesterday."

"I think that this needs to be brought before the Marshals, sir. They gave us specific orders to find evidence of what he is up to without him knowing. We've accomplished that. Any stalking or investigating might ruin the initiative that we have. A member of the court actively plotting and working with a cult? Genscher, Schwermutt, and Schutzmann would want proof of such immediately."
I sexually violated the cat.  When we have children I will push harder for this time honored and enjoyable tradition

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #6009 on: September 24, 2013, 10:14:50 PM »
"Yes, you're right." Kratz says. "Did you and your friends want to see the Marshals yourselves, or shall I see them alone? As I said, I want you to take today off anyway, Admund. Either to rest, or to do any follow-up investigations."
If I wanted to.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #6010 on: September 24, 2013, 11:51:25 PM »
[Mortus]

Mortus feels a little better after having breakfast. She asks the inn staff if any messages have been left for her: none have.

She wanders across town to the Templar's Arms, the bright sunlight hurting her eyes. The carnival traffic slows her progress, and by the time she reaches the inn the others have already left.
If I wanted to.

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #6011 on: September 26, 2013, 08:03:59 PM »
Admund thinks for a moment. "I think that we need to act on the information that we have, sir.  The Marshals wanted us to investigate without Brandt finding out that we were on to him. We managed to get this information without him knowing, but it's only a matter time before he finds out that we've been investigating him. Last thing we need is for him to go underground, or make some moves to cover his trail."

"What do you think, Kratz? Could you get a low key meeting with the Marshals? Marshals Genscher and Schutzmann should at least know what we know before we make any moves on a public official."

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #6012 on: September 27, 2013, 09:50:41 AM »
"Aye, Brandt seems like a slippery bugger. Like as not he'd leave the city at the first sign of real trouble. That would solve our problems, but I don't want to inflict him on some other city!

"I'll get a message to Commander Schutzmann right away." Kratz scribbles a message in rather shaky handwriting. "Be back in a moment," he says, leaving the office with it.
If I wanted to.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #6013 on: September 27, 2013, 10:17:52 PM »
Kratz returns to the office a few minutes later. "Well, I won't get a reply for a while, I think. I don't suppose you lads want to sit around here waiting. Maybe you can call back in a couple of hours?"
If I wanted to.

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #6014 on: September 27, 2013, 10:55:08 PM »
"Right. Thanks Kratz. Maybe at this rate, you'll get promoted to Marshal?" Admund says with a wink.

"We're off to go see if we can turn up that elf mage that was at Windhund yesterday. I'll check back at the Templar's Arms in a couple hours. Send word there, and we can all go talk to the Marshals."

Admund will shake Kratz's hand and depart with Max and Klaus for the Mages Guild. As they walk through the busy streets, Admund will ask Klaus jokingly, "So, you've been meeting with the mages, eh? The pretty clothes and perfume get you in with any of them? We can figure out this business with the armor there, and i'll see if I can find out more about this elf mage what was at Windhund."

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #6015 on: September 27, 2013, 11:27:33 PM »
"You can take my place as Captain if that happens!" Kratz says, laughing. "Fine, I'll make sure the message goes to your inn. Be careful if you run into that mage again."

They leave the watch station and head north east towards the Wizards' School, their route taking them past the Templar's Arms. As they walk by, Max notices someone emerging from the inn. "Mortus!" he says, rushing over to her. "Good morning, Mortus! Were you looking for us? We're just off to the Wizards' School to see if they can tell us anything about that armor from Mr Julian's challenge fight."
If I wanted to.

Online commandant

• Members
« Reply #6016 on: September 28, 2013, 03:00:27 PM »
A flicker passes over Mortus' face at the mention of the wizards' school and she rubs her forehead.   At least her headache has downgraded to a dull throbbing.   "Max.   I was.   I'm sorry I wasn't able to get back to the party last night, but I met the Eternal Knight," she pauses and glances at him and then around at the others and the street.   "There is something interesting about his armour, it is enchanted in some way."   She glances at the armour that they are carrying and smiles.   It hasn't escaped her that Heinrich seemed perfectly happy to surrender it to the other members of the group.   Still it isn't that important.

"The spell or enchantment has worn off it.   It was not there all of the time, which is how it got through the inspection." Mortus says.   "I think it is just normal armour now."

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #6017 on: September 28, 2013, 11:09:10 PM »
"Oh, don't worry about not going to the party, Mortus," Max says, "you don't look very well actually. Are you ill? I might have some medicine that could help?"

At the mention of the Knight Eternal, he nods, "Sir Siegfried - his armor is quite a famous artifact, actually. It's very interesting, from a historical point of view. Of course, since the knight never leaves the city, it hasn't been in any famous battles. But I should think it's turned aside a few knives here and there.

"Can you sense that Anton's armor has lost its enchantment, Mortus? We thought there might still be some traces of magic on it that might give some clue as to who sent him to fight Mr Julian." He smiles encouragingly at her. "Why don't you come with us?"
If I wanted to.

Online commandant

• Members
« Reply #6018 on: September 29, 2013, 12:55:38 PM »
"I can't sense it," Mortus says.   "I can't sense anything now."   Her eyes flicker at the mention of the wizards' guild again.   "I don't think there is anything on it that will be able to help.   I have something that I need to do.   Though if they tell you anything about the Knight Eternal's armour I'd be interested.   Can I meet you for lunch here?"

• Members
« Reply #6019 on: September 29, 2013, 12:59:59 PM »
"Mortus I think you should come along with us to the mages guild....or tell us what you are about to do. If you have problems we might be able to help you." Klaus offers with an empathetic voice. "There is nothing to be scared about at the mages guild you might even find people who are of the same mindset as you and learn more about the arts."

Online commandant

• Members
« Reply #6020 on: September 29, 2013, 01:08:36 PM »
Mortus seems split on the subject, biting her lip as if she is trying to make up her mind.

"I want to go to windhaul," she says.   "I want to go to the merchants' guild.   There is something I need to check.   I will be here for lunch."

« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 02:20:33 PM by commandant »

• Members
« Reply #6021 on: September 29, 2013, 01:13:16 PM »
Klaus ...with a smile steps into the way of Mortus "We will go with you if you come and join us now right now it isnīt that safe to wander alone through the city. If you would explain what you want to check and why we might go there before we go to the mages guild. Mortus you have been gone for months, there is some catch up we have to do...what you have been doing and what you are doing right now."

Online commandant

• Members
« Reply #6022 on: September 29, 2013, 02:26:46 PM »
"Months," Mortus looks confused.   "Has it been months?   Really that long."   She shakes her head as if to clear it, how long was she in that dream world.   Her body starts to shake slightly and her headache gets worse.

"I was left a message," she says.   "I want to check in the merchants' guild who it came from.   I think they might know."   She smiles.   "I was looking into the Red Hand.   It didn't take me anywhere, well at least not anywhere interesting.   Now I think there is an outside connection to the Purple Crown.   I'm not sure.   I'll know more when I have spoke to the merchants' guild.   Its okay, there is a carnival on.   I'll be okay.   We'll get things done quicker if we split up.   This is a long shot, I just want to check what trade caravans leave Middenhiem, where they go and how often.   If there is an outside connection, somebody outside the city then I think trade caravans would be the easiest method to keep in touch.   After all Windhaul was a transport company, people don't pay much attention to traders."

• Members
« Reply #6023 on: September 29, 2013, 03:07:18 PM »
"It certainly felt like months...maybe even years. Well what you say makes no sense...we destroyed the remains of the red crown and also most of the cult of the purple hand here in Middenheim. Your last long shots sent you away and I still donīt understand what you have done during that time also ...do you have that note with you and could it show it to us? Where is the problem for you to come along with us to the mages guild before you follow the long shot?"

Online commandant

• Members
« Reply #6024 on: September 29, 2013, 07:59:23 PM »
"We gain nothing by having me at the mages' guild," Mortus says.   "They aren't going to tell me anything that they won't tell you.   We can get more information faster if we split up.   The merchants' guild is a different matter.   I am a member, they might tell me things that they won't tell you.   I will be here for lunch, we can compare notes then."

Mortus will go to the merchants' guild to inquire about trade convoys to Carthy.