home

Author Topic: Ned paints some things very slowly  (Read 4521 times)

Offline Nedsta

• Members
Re: Ned paints some things very slowly
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2016, 02:21:11 PM »
Many many thanks guys, yeah the details that sculpted on this are so so good.

Very small update today, lightened the skin this morning and spent an hour quickly redoing the other bits of flesh, need to refine bits like define the muscles more.  I think I'll try and get the eye sockets fixed properly later on, something about them doesn't sit right with me just yet.

Offline Mightymatt88

• Members
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2016, 11:29:55 AM »
This is really coming together spectacularly Ned! It's really great watching you take time over this and seeing it come together. I'm glad you're avoiding the 'screw it, good enough, I want to finish it now' mentality I always battle with when painting something time consuming like this.
I can't wait to see how it comes on  :::cheers:::

Offline Nedsta

• Members
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2016, 04:46:08 PM »
Many thanks 😊 oh I'm never happy with anything I paint, I always pick up on things that I can change, even if they are the 6th repaint.  When I sold a tank last year I was still flaw finding as I packed it into the box for delivery.

I've been onto CMON for some advice so hopefully I'll be able to show some decent shading on the face later on.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 06:27:37 PM by Nedsta »

Offline Nedsta

• Members
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2016, 03:32:12 PM »

Nearly done, a couple of small little things to adjust slightly then I think it's done, thankfully because I'm starting to see this face when I close my eyes and am finding faults on it in my sleep. Little sloppy painting in places but you know what? Meh I say.

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2016, 03:53:49 PM »
For me this guy is perfect and trust me, I know what it means to be hunted by your minis. I still have nightmares about my old High Elves... :unsure:
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline Nedsta

• Members
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2016, 04:18:03 PM »
Haha I always find that whenever I start to paint a figure, the other figures start calling out from my shelf for me to recheck them to see what can be changed.  But I so feel that I've come a long way since I started this guy roughly 2  (my missus has confirmed that it's been that long since she bought it for me) years ago.  Now to finish the rest of him and get something else started and left in the WIP pile.