home

Author Topic: Status of Your Empire Army 2018 ...  (Read 8469 times)

Offline MrAbyssal

• Members
Re: Status of Your Empire Army 2018 ...
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2018, 02:48:00 AM »
My Averlanders are still pretty much all Wissenlanders. Focusing more on AoS now but will get back to them eventually. My brother is always keen for games of 8th when he's in town so I need to get at least a few of them painted at some point.
There are three things each man judges another man by;

1. The size of his codpiece
2. The amount of skulls he carries
3. The length of his feather

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2018, 08:42:02 AM »
SOF: My Empire army isn't too dusty because it's in the red toolbox. You need a red toolbox.

Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2018, 11:47:47 AM »
I'd preffer to have a box like that. My figurine stands are dusty as hell and there's nothing I can really do about that... :unsure:
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2018, 07:37:57 AM »
Standing 1/3rd painted and even less rebased to AoS in the old chemestry display cabinet
But did get some more Battlemages to make the full complement possible of all the winds of Magic variants.

After my Stormcast I will refocus on them to get them back on the rebasing and painting line
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Rogers Kul

• Members
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2018, 08:45:19 PM »
Just starting to paint 12 demigryph knigths. With them I will reach 15.000 painted points (about 90% of my collection).
But as has been written before, an army never stops to grow...  :biggriin:

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2018, 01:02:46 PM »
Just starting to paint 12 demigryph knigths. With them I will reach 15.000 painted points (about 90% of my collection).
But as has been written before, an army never stops to grow...  :biggriin:

15K... wow! :ph34r: :icon_eek:
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

Gneisenau

Offline red shift

• Members
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2018, 10:42:21 PM »
I've got some pistoleers to paint that I bought in a panic when age of sigmar hit. Basically it's all on hold though. As much of a pain as it was to paint up 80 halberdiers and 40 greatswords - man they look great lined up in blocks.

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2018, 06:30:13 AM »
Tried to calculate the points value of my painted Empire army and its painted Mordheim, Kislevite, Halfling and DoW allies, 500 figures in total. The number also includes the baggage train as unit fillers among the ranks - it's Stirland after all. Current T9A gives me about 22.000 pts, which falls somewhere between 10k and 15k in the real WH editions. That's too character heavy, but I think I could field a functional army of perhaps 80 % of that.

I made myself a plan: if I sell some 180 unpainted Empire minis, and paint some 50 more, a neat 1/3rd of my Empire collection (incl. Mordheim) would be painted.  :mrgreen:

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2018, 05:24:12 PM »
Points could be tricky for my Empire army. There's a lot of human stuff that I use back and forth between Empire, Bretts, Chaos, whatever. I'd estimate at least 15,000 points of Empire and Human allies, but like Zyg that would be very character heavy.

Offline Sharkbelly

• Members
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2018, 10:35:42 PM »
The army (right around 5000 pts. in 8th edition) is safely packed away, for the most part. A handful of the heroes have been getting a lot of use lately in a Warhammer Quest-style game using the Age of Sigmar rules.

Offline Novogord

• Mr Goblin
  • Members
  • Wie wind zaait, zal storm oogsten
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001398349166
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2018, 12:12:12 PM »
Gone with the wind.
I have some models left for Mordheim or Frostgrave.
The only army I still own are Dwarfs. Lots and lots of dwarfs (painted and unpainted).
But didn't play with them since 2016....
Only the dead have seen the end of the war

Being an intellectual creates a lot of questions and no answers.

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2018, 01:10:26 PM »
Gone with the wind.
I have some models left for Mordheim or Frostgrave.
The only army I still own are Dwarfs. Lots and lots of dwarfs (painted and unpainted).
But didn't play with them since 2016....

Sad to hear that! :icon_frown:

Gneisenau

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2018, 02:27:51 PM »
My army will NEVER be finished. I will continue to add to it until it takes up the whole shelving unit.

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2018, 04:00:00 PM »
My Empire armies (yes plural) are pretty much in storage tubs or on shelves gathering dust.   They were never that much painted, and had already grown faster than I could keep up.   So, haven't done anything with then for a few years

Oh wait, maybe my Colleges of Magic stuff has seen some work done to it, but that's because it doubles up as a Collegiate Arcane Age of Sigmar army

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2018, 01:01:33 AM »
pissed off their home was destroyed Grrrr  :dry:
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Von Trinkenessen

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2018, 06:34:05 PM »
Expanding faster than my waistline as the core of my new project : The Von Trinkenessen Chronicles - A renaissance fantasy set against the backdrop of the Italian Wars ( manage to upset both fantasy and historical gamers at the same time = Huzzaar!!)

My kislevite figures are now the backbone of the Grande Army of Osteburg (The jewel of culture on the sea of grass) led by Von Raukov aka Baron Kazimir . With war wagons peasant militia cossacks etc.

Marksmen of Miragliano and bronzino's galloper guns are guard units in the  army led by Alessio and Roberto of Miragliano beefed up with Volands
and infantry + light cavalry from casting room miniatures.

Middenhiem has become the army of the Wolfenhof (army of the Black Wolf) an altogether darker force,with the addition of norse /northern tribesmen.

Ulric Barbarossa becomes the leader of the Von Pappenheim faction with  Boris Todbringer rebranded as Graf Gottfried Von Pappenheim der Ritmeister leading the cavalry.
Estalians (spanish)are led by Don Francisco de Mendoza together with other leaders.

Karl Franz has become the elector Konrad Frederick but no griffens (yet).
Mordheim's RoadWarden has become the robber baron  Claus Von Rot together with mordheim's Don Quixote as his BSB

Giacomo Barzini's Black Band swordsmen are expanding to a full blown condotta.

The mtd mercenary general(metal) becomes the notorious sellsword Pandolfo Grifonetto.

Characters surviving virtually intact:

The Keiserberg brothers: Moritz and Melchior - Sub generals Von T Faction
Graf Einhart von Trinkenessen : Leader of the Advantegarde and uncle to Von T
Der Wespe : Von T's Master at Arms
Hubertus of Dettingen : Master Gunner
Capt Rolf Steiner: Arquebusier regt
Gerhard of kleinstadt: Capt arquebusier regt
Jurgen Von Koberger :Capt  Bad Konig handgun regt heroes of the battle of Bergkampf an der Eke

Others include: Kurt von Wurstenheim, Jacob Brantner,Tringen von Altdorfer,Wolfram of Karstadt, Jurgen von kinkelbach, Ludovico da Pesto and of course Gromec leader of the dismounted Osteburg grenze.

So it's all go m@ the Von T household. :happy:
GENTLEMAN OF WAR

Offline Qrab

• Members
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2018, 03:59:10 AM »
My Empire army is a collection of old lead models that will likely receive my attention in the next few months. Unit selection will be such that I can use the army for both 3rd and 6th edition games.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2018, 10:40:40 AM »
I've never played 3rd edition and wondering how it might be.  6th editon was fun!

- - -

And hey Von Trinkenessen ... that sounds awesome! :icon_biggrin: :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
  • i'm a mercenary doom bringer
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2018, 05:28:07 PM »
I've never played 3rd edition and wondering how it might be.  6th editon was fun!

6th is my favorite, but I will always have a soft spot for 3rd ed. 3rd was more detailed and a bit clunky, but once you understood the rules pretty well, all of the clunky detail gave depth that later editions didn't have.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2018, 03:13:33 PM »
Half of it is on parade in my study, the other half packed away.  I think I need to clear another shelf to bring the rest out.
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2018, 10:47:49 AM »
6th is perfect for me, but I am thinking about playing a couple of games of 8th against Daemons and WoC. I do like the idea of cannons not needing the whole measuring the distance stuff. :-P

Gneisenau