home

Author Topic: The Ex-Province of SOLLAND  (Read 211146 times)

Offline Captain Gerntass

• Members
  • For the Emperor, the Empire & Sigmar
Re: The Province of Solland of Olde
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2009, 12:40:41 PM »
FIRST CHALLANGE CALLED :Ohmy:
small skirmish at my border against wissenland opposers' :ph34r:.
250pt skirmish game played today, objective: route/kill all the opposing side, terrain: a village table.

Outcome; wissenland retreats with their heads between their legs, 1st blood goes to the silver crown.
 :::cheers:::

Full battle report on the way.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 01:18:56 PM by Midaski »
Long live the Crown of Solland

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2009, 12:58:50 PM »
 :icon_lol:  Capt Gerntass has started the rebellion with a skirmish between Solland revolutionaries and Wissenlanders.  Clever.

By the way, the new map in the first post is quite nicely done.  I didn't realize that Wissenland was so small prior to 1707.  Interesting. :icon_cool:
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Captain Gerntass

• Members
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2009, 01:09:08 PM »
:icon_lol:  Capt Gerntass has started the rebellion with a skirmish between Solland revolutionaries and Wissenlanders.  Clever.
Hey, they attacked me  :dry:, some lad at my local GW heard me describing what my newest army is, and its loyalties, then I found out he collects Wissenland Empire, he challanged me, I told him I only had 250pts with me so we had a skirmish. He was insistant on describing how he would hand me my own rear back :Ohmy:
I actually thourght I was a gonna until I rolled a lot of fluky rolls which saved me the game  :biggriin:

By the way, the new map in the first post is quite nicely done.  I didn't realize that Wissenland was so small prior to 1707.  Interesting. :icon_cool:

Ai, Wissenland was the Hochland back then.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 04:20:24 PM by Captain Gerntass »

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2009, 01:24:21 PM »
I've ignored the fact that you secessionists - anything that winds Wussenlander up  :icon_wink: - didn't have the courtesy to ask before starting this thread.

However Capt Gerntass you do need to realise the following:

1. We have a spellcheck facility - please use it.
2. The first person pronoun is 'I' not 'i'.
3. You can edit your own posts and insert more than one quote - I have edited your 4 posts down to 2.
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2009, 01:27:10 PM »
I've come to realize that pandering to the rabel rousers only gives them what they want Midaski. :wink:
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2009, 01:35:56 PM »
Hey, they attacked me  :dry:, some lad at my local GW heard me describing what my newest army is, and its loyalties, then i found out he collects Wissenland Empire, he challanged me, i told him i only had 250pts with me so we had a skirmish. He was insistant on describing how he would hand me my own rear back :Ohmy:
i actually thourght i was a gonna until i rolled a lot of fluky rolls which saved me the game  :biggriin:
There is a local Empire player in this area that has a Wissenland army.  Need to look him up and see if he'll give me a game.  Not that I have a Solland army, nope ... Averland! :icon_biggrin:

What do you think, if we Averlanders help you Sollanders out, does this mean we can keep the land we have with out a fight, or do we need to side with Wissenland?

Ai, Wissenland was the Hochland back then.
Not seeing the map in the first post, what happened?

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Captain Gerntass

• Members
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2009, 01:42:28 PM »
I've ignored the fact that you secessionists - anything that winds Wussenlander up  :icon_wink: - didn't have the courtesy to ask before starting this thread.

However Capt Gerntass you do need to realise the following:

1. We have a spellcheck facility - please use it.
2. The first person pronoun is 'I' not 'i'.
3. You can edit your own posts and insert more than one quote - I have edited your 4 posts down to 2.

Midaski, I apologise for my bad spelling, I'll be careful in future.
As for the not asking part I did place a thread within the Electors Forum to discuss about this thread and I must say it has had more interest than what I first thought would be possible. But I will apologise nonetheless.

Offline Captain Gerntass

• Members
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2009, 01:49:44 PM »
If Averland sides with us Sollanders' then I would be happy to let Averland keep the BlackFire pass.
We could do with the extra forces that Averland could provide.

Offline Captain Gerntass

• Members
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2009, 01:51:41 PM »
I can still see the map so I don't know whats wrong.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2009, 02:04:13 PM »
Hochland's the smallest province now.  So Wissenland used to be the Hochland of the Empire.

And considering Averland still can't decide its Elector, I'm not sure if they could spare the troops to support an inserection. :wink:

not together.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2009, 02:31:23 PM »
If Averland sides with us Sollanders' then I would be happy to let Averland keep the BlackFire pass.
We could do with the extra forces that Averland could provide.
Averland has always had the Black Fire Pass.  What was being discussed was military assistance in return for being able to maintain all of the land underneath our current jurisdiction, without a fight. :icon_wink:

I currently have two Averland forces during the current GW WFB calendar, fluff wise.

The Aver River Regiment, based just west of the Moot, south of the Aver River, and north of Bieswang, in and around the small hollow between the woods and the hills (the town is yet to be named, but I've been contemplating), is likely too busy patroling the Aver River between Averheim and down along the Blue Reach to the World's Edge Mountains to be available.  Besides, they have a mercenary Wissenland greatswords unit that works with them.

However, Graf Heinrich von Furstenberg's mercenary unit might be willing to provide aide, as long as he knows that Averland will not be threatened by Solland revolutionaries.  He and his men would need to be appropriately paid.

(And yes, I see the map now, too.  Not sure what happened.)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 02:36:09 PM by GamesPoet »

Offline Captain Gerntass

• Members
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2009, 03:10:54 PM »
Seeing as though I am the leading "Freedom" fighter so far I can pledge that Averland will suffer no military force from Solland. And I do believe that we can pay for extra mercenary forces from our eastern allies.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 04:21:21 PM by Captain Gerntass »

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2009, 03:17:05 PM »
Actually, Games Poet, there is some information indicating that Solland possessed the rights to Black Fire Pass.  As always, I can't remember my source and I'm no where near any of my resources so I can't back it up with anything but my mind, which is suspect at times. :wink:

not together.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2009, 03:38:11 PM »
Seeing as though I am the leading "Freedom" fighter so far I can pledge that Averland will suffer no military force from Solland. And i do believe that we can pay for extra mercenary forces from our eastern allies.
Well the local Wissenlander owes me a game, at the 1,000 point level, so I'll see if I can contact him, and we'll see what happens.  I'll likely have Graf Heinrich von Furstenberg hire on for your cause if the Wissnelander's forces are up for the challenge.

(Don't forget those i's :icon_wink:)

Offline Captain Gerntass

• Members
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2009, 04:02:40 PM »
Seeing as though I am the leading "Freedom" fighter so far I can pledge that Averland will suffer no military force from Solland. And i do believe that we can pay for extra mercenary forces from our eastern allies.
Well the local Wissenlander owes me a game, at the 1,000 point level, so I'll see if I can contact him, and we'll see what happens.  I'll likely have Graf Heinrich von Furstenberg hire on for your cause if the Wissnelander's forces are up for the challenge.

(Don't forget those i's :icon_wink:)
Ai :engel:

Offline Karl Voss of Averland

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2009, 06:16:20 PM »
I think Averland would actually assist Wissenland in putting those 800+ year old Solland miscreants in their place. Averland would never give back black fire pass! That is where the trade and money come from!

Plus Solland is flat broke, so they're not getting an mercs. Any wealth the former province dissidents have lie with Wissenland and that fat Countess in Nuln.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 06:29:04 PM by Karl Voss of Averland »
I sexually violated the cat.  When we have children I will push harder for this time honored and enjoyable tradition

Remembering what Rufas started and endures in us all

Offline Captain Gerntass

• Members
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2009, 06:36:58 PM »
I think Averland would actually assist Wissenland in putting those 800+ year old Solland miscreants in their place. Averland would never give back black fire pass! That is where the trade and money come from!

Plus Solland is flat broke, so they're not getting an mercs. Any wealth the province has lies with Wissenland and that fat Countess in Nuln.

It has been 800 years since the downfall, as the saying goes "Time heals all wounds". The old nobility of Solland, especially my uncle, the dear old count Phiefraucher controls the Montidier pass, the Brenhiem pass, the Winter's Teeth pass and the Tierhugel mine, plus a fair amount of timber marketing and trade taxes so I think that wealth is much of an issue.
As for the BlackFire pass, once Solland gains her old territories back from Wissenland as I said before Averland can keep the old territories on the eastern side of the upper riek, as some of Averland's nobility has pledged aid to us in order to keep eastern Solland under Averlands rule.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2009, 06:42:30 PM »
Karl, can you check Sigmar's Heirs to see who's in charge of Kreutzhofen?  If it's a Toppenheimer there is probably some Sollandish ties, otherwise I'm not so sure.

not together.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2009, 07:04:21 PM »
It's Count Pfeifroucher as of 2522 with trade and agriculture as resources.

The question I have is about Meissen.  My understanding is that this falls under the jurisdiction of a Countess von Leibewitz, and I'm not sure if this is the same as Emmanuelle, but at a minimum there is likley a relationship.  So ... how does this fit in with WolfyGriess?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 07:20:33 PM by GamesPoet »

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2009, 08:00:25 PM »
Cool, thanks for the update, GP.  After thinking about it some more, the Pfeifraucher's may be another one of those Solland families.  But even still, there is so much intermarriage in 800 years that the lines would be so blurry as to make it almost pointless.

Emanuelle is the Countess, so yes, Meissen is hers.  That silver smithing area is a nice asset for her partying.  Wolfy is probably a bushwacker. :wink:
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 08:03:53 PM by wissenlander »

not together.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2009, 08:33:55 PM »
And since the lines are blurry, it can allow for folks to create their own characters and fluff, while still fitting within the context of the other fluff that is out there. :icon_cool:

(I haven't decided where to place Graf Heinrich von Furstenberg's holdings in Averland yet.  I have minimal fluff that includes he and his older brother each inheriting some land from their late father's estate, with Heinrich foregoing the use of the family name, and instead using the name for his area as his last name.  I'm trying to decide on the nature of their heritage, and was initially thinking that the older brother might be the current ruler over the current area of my fluff town, where the Aver River Regiment is based, and Heinrich having the remaining area of the families land somewhere else.  I'm not sure this is the way I will go or not, but it could work.  And perhaps the mother of these two brothers claims descent from Olde Solland, and hence Heinrich's lack of objections to helping them via the use of his small army to build some cash for his own future interests in Averland.)

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2009, 08:43:44 PM »
And since the lines are blurry, it can allow for folks to create their own characters and fluff, while still fitting within the context of the other fluff that is out there. :icon_cool:

People can do whatever they like, which is why I don't get into fluff arguments over how someone should formulate their fluff.  It's theirs and they can interpret and work with it as they see fit.  But as my name implies, I'm not neccessarily going to agree with what a Sollander has to say.

But, I'll save you my tirade, as to not make your ears bleed. :wink:

not together.

Offline Captain Gerntass

• Members
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2009, 08:48:38 PM »
Nicely done with the fluff  :eusa_clap:, I would have to agree about family trees' being blurd from the past 800 years. I found some fluff about the last count of Solland's cousin, Johann Weyrother. He commanded a regiment of Sollanders known as the "Iron Guard", they wear white uniforms and wear heavy armour, shields and they carry spears. Well his decendants are split into branch families that are still around within the bounds of Wissenland, Hochland and Sylvania.

(And I completely agree with you Wussenlander about fluff arguments, no point realy getting worked up over something silly like that. :icon_wink:)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 11:14:50 PM by Captain Gerntass »

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2009, 08:52:01 PM »

(And I completely agree with you Wussenlander about fluff arguments, no point realy getting worked up over something silly like that. :icon_wink:)

Arguing isn't my style, but I can gnaw your ear off in discussions anytime. Just ask Karl! :::cheers:::

not together.

Offline Captain Gerntass

• Members
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2009, 08:58:06 PM »
 :happy: only abit of tavern banter wissenlander.
  Another round anyone  :::cheers:::
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 11:15:53 PM by Captain Gerntass »