home

Author Topic: Powerclaw's Randomness**Pic-heavy** (update Sept 2nd)  (Read 4208 times)

Offline Powerclaw

• Members
Powerclaw's Randomness**Pic-heavy** (update Sept 2nd)
« on: August 14, 2009, 08:38:16 PM »
Hey guys. I've been working on this unit for no other reason than I was bored and had some cold one knights sitting around. I'm not sure if they get the whole Daemonette feel across and I may just need to use them as chosen knights. Any ideas on how to make these better?

My first time posting pics so I hope it comes out ok.

I basicly used greenstuff only for tentacle-hair (like old daemonettes) and other tentacles. Each mount has its own mutation from second tail to fire to big fins.

Thanks in advance for you input.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 07:30:51 PM by Powerclaw »

Offline Shadoweyed

• Members
Re: Converted Deamonettes on Steeds, Suggestions? **Pic-heavy**
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 09:43:31 PM »
I don't think that they seem that Daemonette like to me right now, but I can see a good paint job fixing that. Skin tones that are truly otherworldly, like hues of purple and such. With the additions of the Dryad bits, they almost seem touched by Tzeentch more than Slannesh, but again I think it comes to a paint scheme to really push them to Slannesh.

I don't have much advice on how to better model them, but I do think they are very cool and I like that each is unique.

-Shadoweyed

Offline Delthos

• Members
  • Evil Polish Guy
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 10:44:20 PM »
If anything they make me think of Dark Elf possessed Cold One riders, possibly from a Dark Elf cult of Slaanesh. But I'd never look at them and say Daemonettes.
Ostermark Photo Gallery
Ostermark Painting Log
"Kill 'em all and let Morr sort 'em out!" (General Ghent, Battle of Dumsky's Fallow)

Offline Spiney

• Members
  • Merchant Prince of Marienburg
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2009, 12:10:13 AM »
hmmm, they just don't look... well, kinky enough to be daemonettes. The armour really doesn't help, daemonettes are supposed to be naked, or at least near naked, I think the armour is your biggest problem. I suppose you couldn't afford the £12 to kitbash with the plastic daemonettes...

Brain wounder: for when you don't want to kill your enemies, just leave them bedridden and pissing themselves.

Offline Powerclaw

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2009, 12:48:34 AM »
Nah, I'm not looking to buy the new Daemonettes. I guess I'll have to settle for possessed cold one knights as chosen chaos knights. Since this is basically a just for fun project I'm not going to beat myself up about it.
Thanks for your thoughts guys!

Offline Siberius

• Members
  • The Minotaur Cat
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2009, 09:36:44 AM »
I love the way that you have the end cold ones walking right off of the side of the bases... it looks very dynamic... may have to lock that idea away...  :wink:
Quote from: PhillyT
Magic does not have nearly the same problems with power levels as magic. 

Offline patsy02

• Members
  • Moderator in charge of Gender Equality (Honorary)
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2009, 09:56:32 AM »
They look a bit like dark elf knights with occasional demonic bits and bobs. It could work fine the way it is now depending on the paint job, but I would put a bit more effort into them. Do deamonettes for example use lances? Isn't the banner a bit too Dark Elfy still? Things like that.
I agree with the inhumane treatment of animals.

Offline scarletsquig

• Members
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2009, 02:12:26 PM »
With the right paint job I could see them working very well as slaanesh knights (think sigvald the magnificent style), but they're definitely not daemonettes.

Offline Powerclaw

• Members
Re: Powerclaw's Randomness**Pic-heavy**
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2009, 07:30:07 PM »
Chaos Ogres of Nurgle!! Had a lot of fun converting these guys. This is some of the most extensive green stuff work of done to date so I'm looking for comments. I was going to go ahead and undercoat them but decided to wait for suggestions.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 07:32:39 PM by Powerclaw »

Offline Orion

• Members
  • The Hunter (aka Von Decker)
Re: Powerclaw's Randomness**Pic-heavy** (update Sept 2nd)
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2009, 08:58:39 PM »
very nurgle! especially the one with the mounth....I like all, but the one of the two heads, maybe the left one seems a little...left? maybe y you dont put the other in the middle and little bit of green stuff...

Offline Psycho Pirate

• Members
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2009, 11:48:33 PM »
I love the idea and what you have done so far.  But I think they could have more 'Nurgle' in them.  Try some smaller boils all over them.  Not to many, but enough to establish that they are indeed infected with diseases. 

Also maybe take a look at what people look like with some of the more deadly infections and model the 'cleaner' faces to be similar.  Most of that will likely be in the painting, but making the eyes seem more sunken and baggy could help.

Offline Powerclaw

• Members
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2009, 11:26:37 PM »
Thanks for the advice guys. I'm going to keep the heads the same out of lazyness but I'll add some boils with glue instead of green stuff. Since the shape and size matter very little here I think using green stuff would be a waste.

Cheers

Offline Marius

• Members
  • One human male giving himself brain surgery
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2009, 10:16:33 AM »
Oh my God!

You've managed made Ogre faces ever uglier then before!

Excellent as the conversion is, I agree with Pirate in that they do need to be more consistently covered in boils or rot of some kind.
You're forgetting that the British Army is made up of transvestites and gigolos. Its our greatest weapon. Taliban are fecking terrified.

Offline Your Mother

• Members
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2009, 11:57:07 AM »
Cant wait to see them painted.
I like cheese.            My Army Blog: http://www.warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=21327.0