home

Author Topic: Hunting Arch Lectors  (Read 2896 times)

Offline Elves=Bad

• Members
  • All I ever fight is elves!
Hunting Arch Lectors
« on: August 23, 2007, 02:45:17 AM »
    I have discovered that everyone is wondering about how many Archlectors their are and what religion and so on.  So I have decided to try and list all of then here.  You're input will be needed!

-2 Arch lectors of Sigmar + The Grand Thagonist
-1 Ulric
- 1 Arch Lector of Taal (proof is in Empire at war in the Battle of Hel Fen section)
-
-

Elves=Bad
The best policy is to declare victory and leave.

You should all play this game!
http://www.tribalwars.net/1992050.html

Offline Davido

• Members
Re: Hunting Arch Lectors
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 03:20:35 AM »
I suppose each of the religions in the empire could be said to have 1.
Yay my rocket battery finally killed something.What do you mean those are my halberdiers.

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 04:42:42 AM »
I actually thought this could be a thread where we discuss how any army can get rid of the Arch Lector on Altar....perhaps than they will stop whining about it?

Offline Wyzer1

• Members
  • ^My Pic - Stuff I say ->
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 04:15:57 PM »
I actually thought this could be a thread where we discuss how any army can get rid of the Arch Lector on Altar....perhaps than they will stop whining about it?
I was playing against my own army with a chaos army, and it took me 3 turns of repeted bashing to take it down. I was attacking it with a beastlord with a chaos runesword (big weapon of death) and a chosen chaos knight squad...

But ya, I think that your totals were correct...
Long time Wood Elf and Empire player with newly acquired High Elves

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007, 04:21:59 PM »
This is the exact same issue of last edition just with a different character.  Last time it was there are only so many Elector Counts, though.  There are only a few of these guys, but they can represent any high ranking church official just like an Elector Count could represent a general. 
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Mystic Force

• Members
  • Fighting Opponents in Iowa since 2007
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2007, 04:38:48 PM »
Just had an idea.  Arch lector from different god have war altar which cast spells from different lores according to the god.  Might add a nice variety.
Well smack my arse and call me Cindy!
Leading the charge with the clever use of acronyms W.H.I.N.E.

Offline Wyzer1

• Members
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2007, 04:43:26 PM »
Just had an idea.  Arch lector from different god have war altar which cast spells from different lores according to the god.  Might add a nice variety.
War Altar of Morr?

Offline McKnight

• Members
  • Its the No. of posts that make you a veteran-gamer
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2007, 04:46:31 PM »
War Altar of Morr?
All spells from Lore of death on power level 5.... Evil :D

Could be cool

S7 weapons should destroy a waraltar easily.
"Me? I'm practically perfect in every way!"- Rufas the eccentric.
Rufas had Two Ton Sally. I have Silicon Sally!
EuroBashes attended: 1

Offline tescrex

• Members
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2007, 06:03:36 PM »

I've wanted this to be true. I'm doing a Cult of Ursun army and I want to cast Beast spells from my Altar. Would make much more sense.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2007, 07:09:51 PM »
That could be a house rule, something you could use when playing around with friends.

not together.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2007, 08:00:23 PM »
That could be a house rule, something you could use when playing around with friends.

Had to look twice at that - not sure we quite want that sort of thing here, you know.

Maybe you could have phrased that better .................  :engel:

...... unless of course more goes on in the Wissenlander household than we know ..........
 :engel:
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2007, 08:15:01 PM »
I don't see how that would be any better if I had said 'playing with friends.'  A filthy mind can take the most innocent comment and turn it. :wink:

I guess I should be more careful with my words though, considering that it's becoming an increasingly well known fact that my most regular opponent is my wife. :engel:

not together.

Offline Patch

• Members
  • What would Chuck Norris do?
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2007, 08:23:24 PM »
In that case it's perfectly fine to play around!
The (less than) triumphant return...

Offline Rufas the Eccentric

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Taken from us May 9th 2008 - But never forgotten
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2007, 08:27:40 PM »
A filthy mind can take the most innocent comment and turn it. :wink:
What can you expect from a man who has been banned from Madame Rosalita's?

considering that it's becoming an increasingly well known fact that my most regular opponent is my wife. :engel:
Most people would simply consider you to possibly be lucky.  Having met Mrs. Wissenlander, I know for a fact that you are.

Edit:  Forgot to add Vice Theoginist, Johann Esmer.  When Volkmar came back they could not demote Esmer to Arch-Lector as the posistion would have been filled.  Thus the Vice Theoginist position was created.  Should any one be in need, I am offering at a reasonable price Indulgences to allow you to say "Walter" with impunity.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 08:32:05 PM by Rufas the Eccentric »
Sigmar on a sling, the stuff some people come up with. . . .

Offline Patch

• Members
  • What would Chuck Norris do?
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2007, 08:37:11 PM »
Edit:  Forgot to add Vice Theoginist, Johann Esmer.  When Volkmar came back they could not demote Esmer to Arch-Lector as the posistion would have been filled.  Thus the Vice Theoginist position was created.  Should any one be in need, I am offering at a reasonable price Indulgences to allow you to say "Walter" with impunity.

If Esme points his nose out of his hidey hole in Marienburg, he's going to get it cut off!
The (less than) triumphant return...

Offline Wyzer1

• Members
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2007, 09:46:43 PM »
Should any one be in need, I am offering at a reasonable price Indulgences to allow you to say "Walter" with impunity.

Offline BAWTRM

• Members
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2007, 06:21:14 AM »
I'm still deciding which god's wrath my War Altar will spread among the unbelievers.

I could go for Bogenauer, patron deity of Bogenhafen's interests and depicted as a merchant boatman, but he doesn't inspire me much.

Handrich, minor deity of merchants and lord of all matters commercial, might be a much better choice. I think he'd really fit with the Bogenhafen theme.
"...granted it isn't as retarded as having a lady popping out of your head holding a cup while humping a boar with a sword through its back, but there can only be one Brettonia."

PhillyT

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2007, 10:33:10 AM »
I was thinking of doing a War Altar of Myrmidia .. let me know if you find anything about an Archlector equivalent of Myrmidia.  :smile2:

Offline marksman

• Members
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2007, 11:53:54 AM »
i also wanted a war altar of myrmidia, much underused fluff this goddess. have built one using teh mydas the mean cart and chest and a beastman chariot. there are not many arch lectors but all the gods will have a high priest who fulfills teh same role expcept with out the voting power of the lectors.