The Empire at War ... The Gamers Guild > The Old World Cometh Again !!!

FIghting Vampire counts (and other undead)

(1/4) > >>

sedobren:
As far as i can see, those two armies are a very tough nut to crack for us imperials. They have both dragons, very strong mages, an enormous amount of potential wound recovery (especially the necromancer with the book on the mortis engine), a strong melee phase and lots of ethereal units.

unlike dwarves we cannot count on our cannons to be magic, melee is meh (outside of demygryphs) and general shooting is not strong enough to remove entire units in one phase so that they cannot be resurrected.

My current plan is a lot of shooting (2 cannons, 1 steam tank and one outrider unit), and a duo of lvl4 wizards with battle magic, demonology and a ruby ring. At least one Witch hunter (either hating undead for the hatred and the flaming attacks or hating demaon, so that his unit has magic attacks to hit ethereal enemies) and that's it.

Does anyone have any suggestion here? i simply cannot see how an empire army could ever win even against a mid VC one.

commandant:
What does a mid VC list look like? Is there any lists knocking around?

Say 1250 points or 2000 points

Athiuen:
Here's a very important thing to remember: focus fire on a single model/unit in order to completely destroy it. Once it's gone it's gone for good.

Don't put a cannon here and a cannon there. Those wounds will be removed. Just outright kill something to remove it from the game.

Footpatrol2:
So... Maybe even take the war altar for the 6 inch bubble immunity to fear? His vampire characters will want to get close so the war altar should assist in stopping some of the magic.

sedobren:

--- Quote from: commandant on April 10, 2024, 04:11:19 PM ---What does a mid VC list look like? Is there any lists knocking around?

Say 1250 points or 2000 points

--- End quote ---

As far as i have seen, a mid one does not uses the meanest things like multiple necromancers on mortis engines, terrorgheists and loads of ethereal units all at the same time but just one of those things.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version