home

Author Topic: Steam tank shooting.  (Read 267 times)

Offline Footpatrol2

• Members
Steam tank shooting.
« on: April 18, 2024, 06:40:44 PM »
Can you shoot the cannon and the steam gun in the same turn?

Also since the steam tank is considered a chariot I assume the engineer can shoot independently from the steam tank meaning I can shoot the engineer and the cannon in the same turn.

Offline Clymer

• Members
Re: Steam tank shooting.
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2024, 08:07:15 PM »
Under "How Many Shots" page 137, it says each model may only shoot once. Unfortunately I don't see any rules that would make the exception that they could shoot both the cannon and the gun.

However, chariot says that the crew may attack separately. So I think you get the engineer's weapon, plus either the cannon or the gun.

It's kind of a bummer because I remember shooting both in 7th edition. I think you could also shoot the steam gun in combat in 7th edition. That's a change that would make the Steam Tank more worth taking.
Note: The above post was intended for entertainment purposes only and may contain views not necessarily held by its author. Any similarity to actual facts is purely coincidental.

Offline Athiuen

• Members
  • The Old World
Re: Steam tank shooting.
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2024, 11:51:43 PM »
I think you can only pick one of its weapons to fire per turn, but can also shoot the engineers weapon if they have one.

You also can't shoot (?) if you fail a charge.
Quote from: warhammerlord_soth
No beer was wasted.
They fired at a can of Heineken.
The end is Neigh!
Quote from: Swan-of-War
Curse you clearly-written rules!