home

Author Topic: Empire 3000pt Army - Help  (Read 998 times)

Offline zander_wells

• Members
Empire 3000pt Army - Help
« on: October 19, 2014, 03:15:38 AM »
Hey all =)
I use to play Warhammer a long time ago (6th ed), and am looking to get back into the game. I have a basic grasp of the new rules that have come with 8th ed, but I would love input on my army and things that I can change. I will post justifications for my selections so you can challenge why I have selected things. Thanks so much in advance. So...:
Lords
Wizard Lord
Inc: level 4, Talisman of Preservation, Trickster’s Shard, Power Stone
- No brainer. Need a level 4 (thinking Beasts for the str/tgh +1s)
Templar Grand Master
Inc: Runefang +generic gear
- To go with the Inner Circle Knights. I wanted 2 solid hammers on each flank. 4 x Wsp 6, automatic wounds with no saves is bound to cause some issues. However, I have read that combat heroes (particularly Empires') are not that great, so am willing to spend the points somewhere else.
Heroes
Captain (BSB)
Inc: Helm of the Skaven Slayer, Full Plate Armour, Danwstone
- Had no choice. Gave him the additional equipment for survivability.
Warrior Priest
Inc: Armour of Meterioc Iron, Great Weapon
- Give me those prayers! To go with greatswords. Plan is to get off prayer for re-roll to wound (or is it hit?), in tandem with Beast spell for extra toughness and strength. Great swords will  have re-rolls everywhere (with hatred as well), with str 6!
Wizard - 130pts
Inc: Level 2, Talisman of Endurance
- Lore of Life - for extra buffs.
Engineer – 65
- Babysitting the Blaster.
Core
38 Swordsman
Inc: Full Command, Warrior Priest, Wizard
- Anvil. Thought swordsman are the best choice as they have best surviveability out of the State troops.
2 x 10 Halberdiers – 120pts
Notes – As detachments
11 x Knights of the Inner Circle – 305pts
Inc: Full Command, Grand Master
- As above. Thought this would be a good hammer with the addition of the GM. Knights have always been my favorite unit and I find it hard to leave home without these. However, I understand the game has changed so am willing to sacrifice (/cry) these for something else.
Special
37 Greatswords 
Inc: Full Command, BSB, Warrior Priest, Wizard Lord
- Same as swordsman: anvil duty.
5 DemiGyrph Knights
- Apparently these are a must!
6 x Outriders
- 18 str 4 hits, armor piercing fast cav? Surely these are the greatest gift to man kind. Got these instead of handgunners.
1 x Great Cannon
- Wanted 2, but sacrificed one for the knights - plus I have the Stank.
Rare
Hellblaster
Stank

So that is it. Keep in mind that I don't have a specific enemy in mind. This is just a generic format to be tampered with according to who I am fighting. What do you guys think? This is my first list so I would love some advice!
Kind regards,
Alex
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 03:17:58 AM by zander_wells »

Offline emcdunna

• Members
Re: Empire 3000pt Army - Help
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 03:46:09 AM »
Empire infantry needs to be in big units. The detachments are too small. I'd recommend a parent unit of 50 with detachments of 20-25 each.

Demigryphs are best in groups of 4.

Offline zander_wells

• Members
Re: Empire 3000pt Army - Help
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 04:03:58 AM »
Thanks man! I will have a fiddle and see what I come up with =)

Also, I just realised I posted this in the wrong forum! I appologise.