home

Author Topic: Timbor's Fantasy Log (12-7 Westfalia Halflings)  (Read 69965 times)

Offline Zidarra

• Members
Re: Timbor's Fantasy Log (01-04 LAM halberds)
« Reply #200 on: January 06, 2014, 07:33:10 PM »
Dude, these models are fantastic!
Congrats on the skill!

Keep up the good work..

Ross
R.T. McLarty...

Offline Timbor

• Members
Re: Timbor's Fantasy Log (01-11 Samruai Goblins)
« Reply #201 on: January 11, 2014, 05:17:56 PM »
Thanks for the kind words, guys.

@WK: You can always paint up a new unit in varied scheme as you expand your army.  Or just start a new army in a similar theme.  I hear some guy is going to be releasing loads of new fantasy figures in imperial dress, perhaps you can contact him about starting a new force?  :engel:

This week I decided to try my hand at something different - some painting from the far east.  Feeling that plain old samurai were not interesting enough, I decided to paint up a pair of goblins from the Clan War Shadowland range.  I tried a few different things, particularly some experimenting with skin tone which I hope you enjoy.

Also, note, he is just sitting one a 25mm square base.  I plan to base these up on multibases, with two double goblins on a 40mm base.  That way if I want to use these in unit games, they will be based as one goblin per 20mm square.

There are a few other pictures and some details on the painting on my blog for those interested.

Cheers!
If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. - J.H.

Paint Log: link  Blog: My Life in Millimetres

Offline Warhammer-Weib

• Members
Re: Timbor's Fantasy Log (01-11 Samruai Goblins)
« Reply #202 on: January 11, 2014, 06:05:37 PM »
Wow!  :Ohmy:

These minis look fantastic! And great paint job, too!  :::cheers:::

Offline Timbor

• Members
Re: Timbor's Fantasy Log (01-11 Samurai Goblins)
« Reply #203 on: January 26, 2014, 08:17:09 PM »
I worked hard this week and finished the unit of LAM halberdiers:

And a group shot...

It sure is nice to be done the unit!  All they need now is some varnish (will wait for Spring), and a banner (still trying to figure out what to do for that).  I definitely need a little break from puff and slash, so will probably paint up some more of those oriental goblins next.

Though, my next project for this army will be a bit of a restoration work:

I am thinking of picking up some Perry plastic mounted men at arms to use for horses and the missing pieces for these guys.  Any other suggestions?

As usual, some more pics and discussion on my blog
If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. - J.H.

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
Re: Timbor's Fantasy Log (01-26 LAM Halberds Finished)
« Reply #204 on: January 26, 2014, 09:43:22 PM »
 :icon_eek: nice paint job...I love these old school knights wish I had a unit of 10 haha  :::cheers::: :::cheers:::
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Silver Wolf

• Members
  • I see lead people.
« Reply #205 on: January 26, 2014, 09:46:43 PM »
Very nice.  :eusa_clap:
I've always liked those halberdiers. They're more Warhammer-ish than GW models.

You could try using demigryph legs and arms to patch up those Reiksguard knights...
"Watch the skies, traveler."
Check out my wargaming blog - The Forge of War

Offline Timbor

• Members
« Reply #206 on: January 26, 2014, 10:23:27 PM »
Demigryph legs and arms would get expensive and they would not provide me with horses. I already have lots of Empire knight bits and horses, so I will use those in a pinch.  I think I am more looking for an excuse to try out the Perry mounted men at arms.  :engel:

Offline Timbor

• Members
« Reply #207 on: February 24, 2015, 02:10:57 AM »
I haven't done much in the way of Empire painting in quite some time.  However I did do some civilians that never got posted here...

Anyway, I have been painting up winter/Orcmas themed greenskins since December, and figured I should consolidate them in this thread.

A few highlights for those who missed it:

Recently, I finished two more lovely mercenary orcs to go with this group.  These were from the 'orcs' range, and not the 'ogres' range which means they are marginally smaller.  The size difference was more of a suggestion though, so they all blend nicely, IMO.

Onto the new figures,

These were very fun to paint, and a little simpler than the other mercenary orcs which was a bit of a welcome break.  The puff and slash can get tiresome quickly when it is very elaborate!

There are a few more pics on the blog for those interested: http://mylifeinmm.blogspot.ca/2015/01/two-more-orcmas-guards.html

Offline Timbor

• Members
Re: Timbor's Fantasy Log (02-23 Back with Greenskins)
« Reply #208 on: February 24, 2015, 02:12:20 AM »
My most recent completion has been some goblins to join the fray:

Here we have one foundry goblin (the jester) and three GW night goblins, all Kev Adams sculpts.  Glad to finally put some paint on these.  I  have a few more pictures on the blog, hope you enjoy them!

Got some orcs finished up as well, I just need to photograph them.  Hopefully in the next few days.

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
Re: Timbor's Fantasy Log (01-11 Samurai Goblins)
« Reply #209 on: February 24, 2015, 03:41:32 AM »
Fantastic blog! The effort that you put into painting every miniature really pays off - they look lovely!  :::cheers:::

Though, my next project for this army will be a bit of a restoration work:

I am thinking of picking up some Perry plastic mounted men at arms to use for horses and the missing pieces for these guys.  Any other suggestions?

A serious case of rubber lance syndrom! I wouldn't try using the perry horses as they are significantly smaller than GW ones. Also those old knights are a bit bulkier (at least the upper body) than the standard GW plastic knights (who are the largest current Empire miniatures apart from character models). I can't really see this working.

Offline Timbor

• Members
Re: Timbor's Fantasy Log (02-23 Back with Greenskins)
« Reply #210 on: February 24, 2015, 03:46:02 AM »
Yeah, I actually got some Perry mounted men at arms and saw the difference.  I will likely just use the current plastic horses for them.  I actually got ahold of some more of these knights, so should be able to make a decent sized unit once I actually get to painting them.  I am currently trying to clear the backlog from my painting desk, which is full of half-finished projects, among other things:

Luckily those knights are on my desk, and as such may be given priority treatment rather than being shamefully returned to the lead mountain.

Offline Timbor

• Members
Re: Timbor's Fantasy Log (02-26 More Greenskins)
« Reply #211 on: February 26, 2015, 01:34:04 PM »
Here are the Foundry orcs I painted up this past month.  I love these sculpts, and hope to make a little bio for each one, as I feel they all deserve some sort of backstory:

Feel free to stop by the blog and leave a comment so it's not so lonely over there.  ;D

As an aside, if anyone has any more of these lovely foundry orcs they don't want, feel free to PM me about taking them off your hands...

Offline mottdon

• Members
Re: Timbor's Fantasy Log (02-26 More Greenskins)
« Reply #212 on: February 26, 2015, 02:46:46 PM »
I love your Snotlings!   :::cheers::: :::cheers::: :::cheers:::

You should totally do some as "Elf on the Shelf"!  That would fit perfectly with their mischievous behavior!   :-P

Offline Timbor

• Members
Re: Timbor's Fantasy Log (12-7 Westfalia Halflings)
« Reply #213 on: December 07, 2015, 03:06:34 PM »
I can't believe how long I have neglected this thread!  Well, no more (for now at least!)

I recently got my little hands on some samples of the Westfalia halflings, and finally finished the job on them this past weekend.  I did a little writeup on the blog about them, but to summarize they were very easy to work with, the resin was of great quality, and they paint up really nicely!

I decided that the leader would be a shoe-in (or should I say shoeless-in?) Tyrion Lannister.  If only there was an unhelmeted version bearing the likeness of Peter Dinklage...

Hope you like them, there are a few more pictures over at the blog

Looking forward to the Kickstarter in the next couple weeks!

Offline LarsRock

• Members
« Reply #214 on: December 07, 2015, 03:36:34 PM »
Omg I love those minis! :Ohmy:
Great paintjob, love how you've kept the colour scheme simple!
Amazing! :eusa_clap:
Behold as Rome burns, as do I
īTis not the last empire to crumble

Offline RE.Lee

• Members
  • Imperial trauma surgeon
« Reply #215 on: December 07, 2015, 05:52:10 PM »
Thanks for the update, this is such a great blog - it would be a real shame if it didn't get any new pictures! Love the old school style of your work - colourful and funny  :::cheers:::
cheers,
Lee

Offline Timbor

• Members
« Reply #216 on: December 07, 2015, 05:55:58 PM »
Thanks for the kind words!  I haven't been completely idle, I posted up a bunch of stuff on my blog over the past 6 months or so, but it was mostly all of a different genre so it didn't fit in this Empirey thread as much.

That and my last post coincides with being a few weeks before my 3rd child was born, so I have had a few other priorities...

I must also say, my fantasy interest took a hit with the reboot of WFB into AoS... just can't get into it.  But my love for fantasy in general is starting to draw me back in.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #217 on: December 07, 2015, 10:26:04 PM »
The halfmen look very good! :eusa_clap: :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Commander Bernhardt

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
  • Geweldig!
« Reply #218 on: January 02, 2016, 06:49:36 PM »
very good paintjob! I particularly like the faces and the red armour looks amazing!
President Merkin Muffley: Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.