home

Author Topic: Rogue Trader Space Marines  (Read 1389 times)

Offline Shadespyre

• Members
Rogue Trader Space Marines
« on: June 10, 2018, 01:29:03 PM »
Warhammer Empire buddies may have no idea that I've been working on a Space Marine project for the last 4 years or so. It started off as a small side project to my Warhammer Fantasy armies, and turned into... this. I think they're are around 15 squads, maybe the same number of AFVs and a whole bunch of other things

I don't currently plan to reproduce all the photos in this thread, so if you're very keen, you can see the whole project logged over here:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/284441-a-new-chapter-rt-space-marines-chapter-photos/

It ends with unit by unit pictures, but if you dig back through it you can see work in progress posts and, to be honest, much better pictures of individual models.

The project is sort-of finished - I want to make some themed scenery and maybe even a battlefield, but I don't think I'll be adding many models to it.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 09:34:32 PM by Shadespyre »

Online Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
Re: Rogue Trader Space Marines
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 03:25:24 PM »
That's pretty awesome! I don't think I've seen that many of the old models in one place. Look at all the back banners and stuff.

Did you take you long/much to acquire all of them? I have no idea what they're going for nowadays but I rarely notice them on ebay.

Offline Shadespyre

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2018, 06:27:55 PM »
Honestly, I don't know exaclty what it cost, but it's probably not that bad compared with buying new models. Some are rarer than others, getting hold of some parts (the backpacks, especially, and unused Rhino parts) can be pricey. Like a lot of things on ebay, they do not SELL for the prices people ASK for, so you just have to keep an eye out for miniatures at the price you are willing to pay...

Offline War1ren

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2020, 12:21:23 PM »
Thanks for sharing this info and knowledge.