home

Author Topic: Foreign Ministry  (Read 65391 times)

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
Re: Foreign Ministry
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2007, 06:32:15 PM »
Yes, seems better to me. I'll post it and we'll see what happens. A little extra never hurts. :-)
cisse

No matter how fast you run, your ass will always be in front of me...

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2007, 07:23:53 PM »
The Dwarfs will soon be putting forth a treaty to the Lizards.  If that goes through (which looks good at this point) then that means Dwarfs, Lizards and Ogres will be united.
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline nazgul12

• Members
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2007, 07:27:35 PM »
I think we should try to avoid calling the Bretonnian crusade an "invasion."  Their king declared that the knights would be trying to scour our forests of threats, and that's really no bad thing.  If a few Bretonnian noblemen take lands within our Empire, it's not the end of the world.  We should try to set up some kind of deal where those lords can hold lands (which otherwise might have been lost to orcs, bandits, or worse) but will respect the sovereignty of the Empire and will answer to the Elector Count of the region in matters concerning those Imperial lands.  Perhaps something along the lines of "ok, you can have these lands, but you must pay tribute and contribute men-at-arms during times of war."

I think in this campaign the High Elves and Bretonnians are our natural allies, and we should strive for a truce with wood elves and dwarves.  Overtures to the lizardmen aren't a bad idea, but who can say what the cold minds of the lizardmen will decide?  At the very least though, we don't want a war with Bretonnia right now, we have far too much on our plate as it is!

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2007, 07:31:49 PM »
I still can't get into Bugman's for some reason.  I'm going to go over to Brettonia and see what's up there.  If anyone can talk to the Dwarfs, please do so, I am unable to right now.

Edit*  I have extended a hand to the Brets.  I didn't make any promises, but hopefully we can open up negotiations here.  The Dwarfs have already sent an envoy...for guys with short legs they have messengers everywhere!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 07:52:04 PM by wissenlander »

not together.

Offline General Romanov

• Members
« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2007, 08:04:04 PM »
They do have gyrocopters! And they can march longer than any man.
For Sigmar, For the Empire, For Wissenland!

Offline Tostig

• Members
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2007, 08:05:50 PM »
To the Noble Lords of the Lady,
In our time on need, the brave knights of Brettonia have often come to our aid. Many a time our call for arms has been met not only by halberd and handgun, but also by the glorious lance of our allies beyond the mountains. Your warriors marched with ours against the tides of Chaos these last few seasons, and for that we are grateful indeed; - the sight of our Knightly Orders and your noblemen riding abreast put fear into our enemies’ hearts, and the valour of your men was cried out throughout the land.
It is with a heavy heart, therefore, that we find ourselves taking up sword and shield once again. This time even those with whom we thought we were brothers in arms with have marched through our lands dressed for war. We seek to renew with vigour our alliances with those who we have always thought of as worthy friends.
Firstly, we must address the issue of this coronet that the Dwarf lords seek. Despite what slander and slurs they smear our name with, the Empire does not look for it out of greed, but rather so as to make this source of unholy power safe and to stop it from threatening our people and our lands any longer. If we were to find it before the vile green skins, we would intend to hold a council of the wise, and with their guidance decide if it might be used against the evil-doers. If not, we would seek to neutralise its evil influence, either within the vaults of our esteemed College of Light, or by handing it over to the elves of the East to dispose of.
Secondly, there is the matter of those Brettonian noblemen who have crossed into our lands on a blessed campaign against the foul beastmen and plundering orcs in our borders. We are thankful of their aid, and wish to remind you that the Empire has always been a tolerant nation, where there is freedom of conviction for those who do not look to Chaos; - as well as Sigmar we also have worshippers of Ulric, Myrmidia, Verena, Shallya and many others. We therefore look on this crusade with benevolence, and hope the best fortune to you and your Lady.
Thirdly, and quite separately, is the matter of these knights offering protection to settlements within the Empire. Why we are grateful for their concern as to our people’s safety, we would not with for matters of sovereignty to be questioned. However we do accept that knights need revenue to pay for war, which they would usually earn from feudal dues, and so we are willing to allow settlement of certain areas within our borders, on acceptance of the rule of the Empire over such lands. We have nobles of many creeds and tribes, and we welcome the idea of new families joining them from beyond the Axe Bite pass. We do not see why a private obligation as a vassal to a Brettonian liege, and being part of our Empire, are mutually incompatible. If this is unacceptable, we see no reason why we cannot provide financial assistance, so as to make your benevolent aid all the easier on the purse strings. We would remind you, however, that any individual within our borders who challenges the authority and legal reign of his Imperial Highness Karl Franz will be treated as an outlaw and an enemy. We trust, however, that this will not reflect on the noble lords of Brettonia or their blessed realm.

Your faithful ally,
   Karl Franz

I'll make a letter in a minute.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2007, 08:08:53 PM »
I've posted once on their Tostig.  If you post your letter from the Emperor in that one it'll give it more credence.  I'm only a messenger from Wissenland and don't have the presence of the Emperor. :wink:

Edit*  It's been posted.  Now we wait and see what happens.

Oh, and we really need to do something over at Bugman's.  They're running amock over there and we have no representation.  Again, I can't login for some reason or else I'd be over there trying to defend ourselves.  If anyone can, please do.  I'm off for the day...
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 08:38:40 PM by wissenlander »

not together.

Offline Tostig

• Members
« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2007, 08:50:09 PM »
I've posted at Bugman's. Now I have to go off and revise for tomorrow, bloody synopsis exams :(

Offline nazgul12

• Members
« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2007, 09:39:43 PM »
I love the message to Brettonia!  It was extremely well written and thought out; I just hope they listen to it.

Offline Stormbrow II

• Members
« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2007, 10:15:11 PM »
Good evening Gentlemen. 

I'm a resident at A.org and I'll most certainly be pushing for an Empire alliance (note the disclaimer: I am *not* an Ambassador).  There's already a group of us that will side with ye regardless of other things but I'm wondering do ye have a fluff team established so that we can integrate stories (to a point)?

I'll do my bit to ensure that said Alliance occurs.  We can't have those horrid little cave-dweling abominations getting the thing back now can we?  (The Dawi do seem to have a fetish for Crowns don't they?  They're clearly compensating...)

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
« Reply #60 on: May 04, 2007, 02:33:44 AM »
I've signed up at Bugman's as well, and tried to talk a bit with the members there. They seem willing to agree on a non-agression pact, and perhaps more. They have asked for a detailed proposal, could we make one up as soon as possible? Then we can start discussing the finer details of this. I think we're on the right track here, if we play this a bit smartly, we'll certainly be able to avoid a war with our old allies. An alliance might be more difficult, but we can see about that. I'd say we try to come up with a detailed proposal (promising support in stories we come up with etc,...) and see what happens.

This is where you can read what's going on: http://www.bugmansbrewery.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=17211&st=0&gopid=185565&#entry185565

I've also done some talking at Asur.org, and there things are still in the balance. They seem to doubt between an alliance with the dawi or us. Thread can be found here: http://www.asur.org.uk/ulthuan/viewtopic.php?p=463089#463089. Thanks Stormbrow for the support, we'll have to be really argumentative to secure an alliance I feel. It's really 50-50 now.
cisse

Offline Veldemere

• Members
« Reply #61 on: May 04, 2007, 10:11:09 AM »
Thanks Stormbrow.

So, it looks like the Dwarves have offered pacts to every other race. Either this is going to be a completely bloodless campaign or they will renege on any deal.
Veldemere, Elector Count of Solland (Elect)
Quote from: wissenlander
  I'm fine with Veldemere and his retinue of disgruntled's

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #62 on: May 04, 2007, 11:56:45 AM »
Yes, the Dwarfs have sent out messengers everywhere.  So far the Bretonians look to be in a non agressive stance towards us.  They do not agree with the GW stance of a crusade, especially such a weak crusade.  They think it's not their place to tinker with Imperial soveirgnty.  So a non agression pact looks imminent, but they have stated that it will take some time before they decide if they will join anyone in allegiance.  They are concerned with Setra attacking their shores.

This is very early, but that's the report from the Brets.

not together.

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
« Reply #63 on: May 04, 2007, 12:13:52 PM »
Good news from the Bret's there, a non-agression pact (and their promise not to take any land from us in the fluff) would most certainly be welcome.

As for the dwarfs, still negotiating. A non-agression pact seems very likely, if we agree not to search for the Crown.
cisse

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #64 on: May 04, 2007, 12:22:04 PM »
I saw that.  I tried to respond, but still can't.  I'm going to contact the admins to see what the deal is with that.

I don't understand how they can have us not search for the crown.  I know of their concern, but if we do not search for it and one of our mutual enemies obtains it...

I read your posts Cisse, keep up the good work.

not together.

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
« Reply #65 on: May 04, 2007, 12:33:42 PM »
I don't understand how they can have us not search for the crown.  I know of their concern, but if we do not search for it and one of our mutual enemies obtains it...
Well, it seems very important to them that we promise not to look for the Crown - not actively, that is. I think we can give them that, but if we have to fight one of the evil races to get it, we'll do so of course. It's something along these lines that I'm trying to pull off.
cisse

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #66 on: May 04, 2007, 12:53:07 PM »
Veldemere has stepped in over at Asrai.org.  The Woodies at this moment think that we are too weak of mind and fickle.  They lean towards assisting the Dwarfs and potentially a non agression pact with us.

It seems that's the major downfall for us right now.  Our weak and fickle nature.  The only thing we have going for us is the fact that we 'mean well' and are a mighty nation.  That being said, most people are looking towards non agression.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 01:10:32 PM by wissenlander »

not together.

Offline Veldemere

• Members
« Reply #67 on: May 04, 2007, 01:35:41 PM »
I am still trying with the woodies, not going too well though. We have to be careful about what we read. If the campaign says the Brets are looking to take land then that is what they will try to do whether they like it or not they have been set against us, if we do not do well in the campaign there will be a small part of the Empire forever smelling of fromage. They will not settle and become Imperial citizens, those getting the land will be the noble warriors most loyal to their king, they will not roll over and start sucking KF.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #68 on: May 04, 2007, 01:46:23 PM »
Nothing seems to be going well for us right now.

The Asrai have started a poll and look to be either not wanting to take sides, or if'n they do it will be with the Dwarfs.

The Asur don't want us to have the crown, nor do the Dwarfs.  I am quite perturbed by the agression from the Dwarfs.  Only a few in their halls want to remain allies during this coming time.

The Brets that have spoken don't want to fight.  It doesn't hel the fact that the fluff has said they must, but they really think it's a low reason to invade another country.

not together.

Offline Stormbrow II

• Members
« Reply #69 on: May 04, 2007, 02:06:09 PM »
Veldemere has stepped in over at Asrai.org.  The Woodies at this moment think that we are too weak of mind and fickle.  They lean towards assisting the Dwarfs and potentially a non agression pact with us.
Ask them if they'll take an offer of yourselves, themselves and the Asur as a group?  That might make things easier with the Bretonni regarding a non-aggression pact.

I wouldn't be giving up hope with the Woodies just yet - they have only had the one substantial offer so far so no wonder it looks good in their eyes.

Offline Veldemere

• Members
« Reply #70 on: May 04, 2007, 02:33:22 PM »
Just to keep you up to date with Asrai, the dwarves seem to be offering to come in and clear out the forest then leave it to the woodies, is there any point in offering seccession of the great woods to the Asrai?

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #71 on: May 04, 2007, 02:45:47 PM »
I don't know.  They have the Laurelorn or however you spells it.  I can't see anyone wanting to give over lands to anyone be it the Brets or the Woodies.  I posted on Asrai to see if I can lend a hand.  I didn't make any promises, but hope to snap people into their senses some.

Edit*  I didn't see your comment at first Nazgul12.  Thank you!  The first post was me, but the other two were Tostig, I just posted them for him.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 03:03:21 PM by wissenlander »

not together.

Offline Veldemere

• Members
« Reply #72 on: May 04, 2007, 03:21:47 PM »
So the Dwarves have put a deal to the Woodies saying they will not hurt the woodies if they give them free passage to the crown, and now they are asking us for the same deal in return the woodies get some towers (which will never happen in the final GW write up) and we are merely offered to not get killed, only got to get the greenskins and beasts on side and they will walk it. A lot of effort to go to to take something they made!

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #73 on: May 04, 2007, 03:40:07 PM »
Ah, yes, I got to post at Bugman's!

Yeah, seems like we're getting the bum end of the deal.  We hear there's a dangerous trinket in our lands and everyone tells us to back off or we'll get the axe.  Sounds fun.  It really irks me that GW put this in motion like this, and I'm super shocked that most of the Dwarfs at Bugman's are supporting it!

not together.

Offline Narmo Eressea

• Members
  • In my forest
« Reply #74 on: May 04, 2007, 04:39:39 PM »
Cisse and Wissenlander. Maybe you should explore the possibility of a long term agreement with Brets? And even if it sounds madly: Tomb Kings only want their magic items back. What if the Empire gave them what was theirs in exchange for their help?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 04:44:31 PM by Narmo Eressea »
Fighting for the Shadow King and the Wild Hunt.