home

Author Topic: Dark Stars Game thread IC  (Read 97318 times)

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
« Reply #675 on: December 18, 2017, 12:03:40 AM »
While preparing Desmond will also do scans to look for any landmarks of interest, especially an initial site to set up. Once he's got his grenades and medkit, he'll set up a dedicated link between him and Ricker then join Bane in the hanger with the supplies and troops.

(How many grenades can one carry at once without overloading? I want to be prepared this time.)

Offline Captain Dob Van Dwi

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #676 on: December 18, 2017, 12:14:15 AM »
@Gankom & DK:

Much to your surprise, a gnarled old hand slaps you on the back!

You turn and see Ricker's grinning face. Fully geared up too!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 12:18:54 AM by Captain Dob Van Dwi »
I choose too keep "Old Warhammer" alive with my blood sweat and tears.

It's bad that warhammer might die but it would be a tragedy if it stays dead!

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #677 on: December 18, 2017, 02:10:12 PM »
Icarus will arm his men in navy gear and choose Rhinos as the preffered transports. After all, they are better all-terrain vehicles for a mission like this.

Bane wants to make sure that for every 10 men, one has a flamethrower or a thermal weapon of some sorts. Also med kits, survival kits and extra rations are a must. Spare grenades (especially krak) are also needed. Rhinos will have stormbolters and HK missile launchers, if possible. We'll also need 2-3 snipers, 2 medics and 2 demo-experts with breaching charges and melta bombs.

After that Icarus walks to Desmond and Ricker, and consults with them all the necessary details of the mission.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 09:42:35 AM by Xathrodox86 »
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #678 on: December 23, 2017, 12:02:34 AM »
@Gankom:

Tech Use/Inr role: 23 pass!

It is a little hard to find a landing site, however you do find one with enough open ground to set up a base camp.

@Xath:

The transfer of equipment goes well and soon enough you have all your men and equipment onboard.

@Everyone:

You all go over the plan

Player prompt: Now would be a good time to brain storm

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #679 on: December 23, 2017, 01:40:30 AM »
"Captain, comrades, I suggest we get the base camps et up and defensible first and foremost. What little information we have suggests some dangerous wildlife, we need to be prepared for that. Once basecamp is arranged we can begin sending out expeditions. Looking for valuable resources, noticeable landmarks, etcetera."

Desmond taps away on his datapad for a few moments. "Although it does leave us with another question as well. Those witches and their visions led us here. It must be for some kind of reason. Whatever that reason is, it means we might not be the only Imperials in the system. Our fellow rogue traders are just as likely to be here snooping around."

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #680 on: December 25, 2017, 09:48:46 AM »
"I will take care of the perimeter security" barks Bane. "My men will clear a patch of forest and we'll create a defensive cordon with our Rhinos. We'll erect some haphazard guard towers for snipers to use. We'll also need the cogboys to install some early-warning alarms around the edge of the forest" he adds, while rubbing his chin. "I've armed our team with a mix of flamers and shotguns, so they'll be really handy in a CQC-type of firefight and also great for clearing out the jungle. Anything tougher than your ordinary saurian will get a breaching charge to the face."

Icarus looks at Ricker expectantly. "We will need some eye in the sky. I'd much rather know about any potential hostile activities, before they'll hit us. And gentlemen..." he pauses for a second "they will hit us eventually. We need to be ready and on alert at all times".

Bane looks at Hassarian. "My Lord, I suggest that you'll wait on the ship, before we'll clear the area and make sure that it is safe for you to land".
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 03:05:40 PM by Xathrodox86 »
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

Gneisenau

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #681 on: December 31, 2017, 02:25:20 PM »
@Everyone:

Hasarian roles his eyes

"Alright Icarus, if that makes you feel better. The Rhinos may be a bit crampt, we have fewer of those than Chimeras. Do you think we will need armour support? I'm sure there is a an old Malcador languishing in the hold somewhere."

He pauses

"Yes indeed Desmond, sound thinking. Make sure things are ready for quick deployment of the pre-fabs"

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #682 on: December 31, 2017, 06:19:40 PM »
"Rodger that captain!"

Desmond will work closely with the crew to make sure all the prefab structures are ready. He'll also keep a close eye on the supply list to make sure everything Bane wants is delivered prompt and on time.

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #683 on: January 09, 2018, 06:06:19 AM »
@Gankom:

It is easy engough for you to keep track of suplies. The pre-fabs are somewhat of a pain in the ass to load, but you get it done.

Hasarian glances at Ricker

"Kat's going to be handling coms yes?"

Ricker nods

"Right then. Desmond, would you kindly set up a line of communication with her please?"

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #684 on: January 12, 2018, 03:07:22 PM »
"We will take the tank M'Lord. More firepower is always better than less." Bane, checks something on his data slate. "Do we have any spare Valkyries or Vendettas? Some CAS in that kind of scenario would be very helpful."

Gneisenau

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #685 on: January 12, 2018, 04:27:40 PM »
Desmond will step back a few paces so that he can hear clearly, before setting up communications with Katie.

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #686 on: January 15, 2018, 04:10:52 PM »
@Gankom:

You find Katie soon enough. How a young woman like this is Ricker's girlfriend you still have no idea.

It takes you a moment but you are able to set of a line of communication.

Before you leave Katie grabs your hand

"You'll take care of him right? Hes getting up there in years"

@Xath:

It takes a bit but you eventually find the old Malcador Defender. Fortune smiles upon you it seem as the venerable pattern Tank still runs.

While a bit of a Grox to get it loaded, you do so without to much trouble.

"Ever seen one of those old girls before Icarus?" Hasarian asks
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 12:59:16 AM by Captain Dob Van Dwi »

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #687 on: January 16, 2018, 12:04:54 PM »
While Icarus, Bane and Hassarian prepared for planetfall, Jace retreated to the holy Venture's observation dome. Peering at the stars through diamond panes  and armoured glass, he wondered how in Holy Terra's name they had ended up here. The ritual had been performed correctly- of that he had no doubt. True, the witches might have given him false information, although he doubted it. For one, there was nothing stopping Hassarian and the other rogue trader captains from simply returning to Footfall and eliminating the witches, as retribution for the wild goose chase, which was something the wretched creatures no doubt would've thought of.

So, he assumed the witches had provided the proper intel, and was confident the ritual had worked as intended. That meant there was something about this planet, something important. But what? It was a fine planet, he supposed- Jace had been double-checking his calculations rather than listen to the Explorator's report with more than cursory attention, but from what he remembered, it was a perfectly inhabitable, if unremarkable planet, with some sort of verminous Xenos infestation. Not the sort of thing you'd expect to find at the end of a witch-granted vision.

He spent his time studying the stars, using the terminals in the center of the cold steel room to perform his calculations. Getting here by vision was all well and good, but he wanted to be able to simply follow a chart here as well. He made periodical returns to his Navigator's hub, using his equipment there to determine the location of the Astronomican, before visiting the observatory again and calucaltion their position from the stars surrounding them. Using both as reference points, and consulting the information in his Almanac Astrae Divinitus, he tried to plot a course between Footfall and this newly discovered planet. If Hassarian wanted to colonize this planet, then he'd need to be able to find it more easily than by following a witch's vision.

His curiosity satisfied, Jace went to find Hassarian. 'Captain, if I may,' he began. 'With the ship in orbit, I feel there is little I can contribute here. I therefore request permission to join the landing party and investigate the planet first-hand. ' His jaw tightened at the prospect of walking undeneath an open sky. ' Distasteful, I admit, but it might produce valuable results. Perhaps I can discover why the witches' vision led us here, or perhaps even find a clue as to how we can use this planet to locate the Pearl.' He draws closer, adding, 'I remain confident that this is where the witches intended for us to end up, I just can't figure out why.'

He shrugged, half-smiling, 'Well, other than assuming the lot of them was stark raving mad, and they sent us here because they felt it would be funny. But let's not assume that just yet.'
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #688 on: January 16, 2018, 12:53:43 PM »
@DS:

"Alright Jace, you can come. Just be careful" Hasarian says "We could use and extra gun anyway. You'll be working with Icarus and Ricker"

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #689 on: January 16, 2018, 04:41:54 PM »
Desmond does his best to console Katie. "Have no fear Katie, he's going planetside with some of the finest men in the Imperium. Even discounting my remarkable self, we also have Bane and I pity the xeno that tries to mess with him. Ricker will be back in no time, with even more stories to share endlessly over the vox."

He'll also spend time triple checking the vox link to make sure they can contact the ship at all time.

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #690 on: January 17, 2018, 08:28:03 AM »
'Then with your leave, captain, I shall go and join the landing party.' He bows his head in deference, and goes to find the others.

Coming across Desmond and Katie, the corners of the Navigator's mouth curl upward somewhat, although his eyes remain emotionless as ever. 'Miss Bechensal, Seneschal Pyke. My apologies for not checking in with you earlier- guiding the ship through the warp with only the ritual's outcome to go on was... Taxing. I wanted to inform you, however, that I will be joining the landing party- I have no idea why we ended up at this planet, but I will not find out aboard the Holy Venture.'

Turning to Katie, he continues. 'I may require the ship's computers from time to time, however, to perform some of the more complex calculations. Since you are in charge of comms, I would appreciate you helping me out in this regard.' He smiles reassuringly. 'Nothing too taxing- I will simply need you to enter some numbers into a computer, and tell me what the machine spirit spits out again. If you are up for it?'

'Also,' he continues, 'it seems odd to me that this planet has not been claimed by the Imperium yet. It seems bountiful, does it not, seneschal? Regardless, I am curious whether the Imperium has established a route to this planet, and if so, why it has not bothered to colonize it.'

'Either way, exciting times ahead,' Jace says, rubbing his hands together. 'What do you think we will find down there, mister Pyke?'
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #691 on: January 17, 2018, 02:41:25 PM »
"Hey Jace, good to see you out of your room." Desmond replies somewhat less formally, smiling. "You missed a hell of a shindig down in the lower decks. Prior surveys of the planet suggested a variety of alien lifeforms that could be dangerous. The Captain's already lighting up, thinking about a new colony and exploring the real unknown."

Desmond adjusts his belt and gun holster before continuing. "However, both Bane and I are concerned about more intelligent danger. The witches vision led us here, which I believe means we can expect more rogue traders. The Emperor alone knows what else. Pirates maybe? If they catch the scent of the chase, and Footfall no doubt leaks like a sieve, we could find lots of hostiles."

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #692 on: January 17, 2018, 04:01:31 PM »
'Of course,' Jace sighs, 'because if it isn't some mindless beast, we need to look out for our fellow man, waiting to drive a knife in our backs. Well, best get started as soon as we are ready. The earlier we set up our operation, the more we'll be prepared with the arrival of our competitors. By the way, did you ever get around to further training those ex-slaves we picked up at Foorfall? They might come in handy should we come across, ah... intelligent dangers, as you say.'

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #693 on: January 17, 2018, 05:28:07 PM »
Hi guys,
I had an invite to join the party. I have no real experience with this type of game but I’ve been reading it for a year now. If you give the thumbs up, I can join in your group as the priest Petrus to give some spiritual uplift (😸). Let me know what you think. I won’t be insulted if the lack of experience nets me a thumbs down ☠️
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #694 on: January 17, 2018, 05:58:10 PM »
(I am glad you could make it AG. If you have any questions or thoughts that are not "In Character" Ie not as as yourself not Petrus, please post them in this thread.

Link: http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=51435.575

In short responses as Petrus here and as yourself in the thread linked above.  :happy:)

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #695 on: January 17, 2018, 06:44:35 PM »
Righto! I realized my gaff as soon as I hit post lol
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #696 on: January 17, 2018, 10:29:46 PM »
Petrus has come in quietly and unobtrusively. Listening to the ongoing conversation, he tunes into Jaces question about the ex slaves.
‘What is the spiritual fortitude of our new comers? Perhaps they should be reintroduced to the light of the emperor before we arm them. We may be surprised at their talents’. His thoughts momentarily drift to his beginnings as he scratches at his stubble.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #697 on: January 18, 2018, 09:34:35 AM »
Jace regards Petrus for a moment, an emotionless look on his face, without saying anything. Finally, he replies, 'we saved them from a life of slavery and gave them the opportunity to leave. I imagine they are thankful for that, at least. As for their spiritual fortitude, I would imagine you to be better suited to judge such matters.'

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #698 on: January 18, 2018, 01:15:36 PM »
‘The Emporer saved them through our souls,  you mean to say’ the same mask of emotionless returned. ‘When there is time, I will attend to this flock and see how they may repay their gratitude. Till then, preparations must be attended too.’
His chainsaw strapped to his back and his volcano oiled and blessed, he moves to the party.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #699 on: January 18, 2018, 07:04:03 PM »
Desmond will smoothly step between the two and help guide the little party back to the hanger to meet with Bane. "I'm sure the poor soul's could use some proper ministrations Petrus. We are afterall training them to take on a complicated job that requires absolute loyalty to us. No doubt you can help with that."

"Still, thanks to Jace's negotiations we did save them from being sold off to someone else. Life under Captain Hassarian will be far better then some of the other options." He sighs theatrically. "I'll need to continue their intrigue training, I got distracted trying to deal with that Hand business. Perhaps if the planetside search starts to drag I'll come back to the ship to work on it."