home

Author Topic: 6th Chaos incursion introduction to WFB  (Read 3272 times)

Offline brr-icy

• Members
  • All the things 6th
6th Chaos incursion introduction to WFB
« on: February 08, 2019, 02:08:22 PM »
A friend of mine recently redid his basement with a 25'x6' table. He has invited the 6th warhammer crew over to play a game (split into three or four separate games on the table) Our plan being a massive Chaos incursion with whatever armies for defence that people want to bring. He's super excited about us coming, and has decided that he will field my Lahmian Vampire Counts. I made him a list from the regular book, but added in Nefrata as his general (wanted more raising than the Lahmian appendix allows since it's missing a Master Necromancer) I'm pretty sure Dwarfs are involved, but not sure who else will be coming for the other two spots on the table.

just to give you an idea of the scope of the game room, missing probably the last six feet of table:

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
Re: 6th Chaos incursion introduction to WFB
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 05:28:40 PM »
That is an awesome looking table, and an equally awesome looking basement!

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2019, 05:57:54 PM »
Quite the hobby room. :icon_cool:
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline brr-icy

• Members
  • All the things 6th
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2019, 07:39:36 PM »
There's a workshop off to my left and a seating area at the end to the left as well. It's great

Offline Naitsabes

• Members
  • Never slid
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2019, 09:40:51 PM »
are those shelves of tanks?!?

great table. be sure to post some pics of your game.
The Empire Road to Volganof Last update 18Mar2023 - Pistoliers & Baggage train)

Offline brr-icy

• Members
  • All the things 6th
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2019, 12:56:48 PM »
Yes they are, the wall behind me has almost the entire Helm's deep charge from the end of Two Towers across the wall, opposite is modular castles.

Offline brr-icy

• Members
  • All the things 6th
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2019, 07:06:25 PM »
Plans have been made, so far 9600 points per side. Tzeentch, Khorne, and Nurgle armies vs Vampire Counts (Lahmian) Dwarfs, and tentatively wood elves.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2019, 12:35:23 PM »
 :eusa_clap: Insanely impressive.
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline brr-icy

• Members
  • All the things 6th
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2019, 12:37:30 PM »
Can't wait to see this Dwarf 6.5 list destroy whatever comes against it. It's not a nice list lol.

Offline brr-icy

• Members
  • All the things 6th
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2019, 05:59:11 PM »
third army is skaven clan skyre vs khorne

Offline FVC

• Members
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2019, 07:13:59 AM »
It has been a long time, but now I wish I still had a table in a garage to work on.

That is nice.

Offline brr-icy

• Members
  • All the things 6th
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2019, 06:14:18 PM »
The day was a success, battle report on the other hand not so much. Too much to do with answering questions from the new players and trying to get my game in at the same time.

The Battlefield: Closest Khorne vs skaven, middle Vampires vs Tzeentch, and end Dwarfs vs Nurgle.

Nurgle and Dwarfs got a headstart on us, mainly because i was unpacking three other armies after they were out and about.

They ended up playing two games to our one. I had a lot of questions being thrown my way, so the Vampires vs Tzeentch took a bit longer than the others, still fun though. Our Nurgle player doesn't fancy 6.5 thorek or the 6.5 anvil at all anymore lol. We usually house rule the 6.0 anvil into the 6.5 book and it balances ok, so we'll return to that. Not to mention the Dwarf player has been playing wargames for a few decades, and so has gotten very good at range guessing with the artillery.

Tzeentch vs Lahmia. You can see we like to run fluffy, special character lists. Nefrata and "badly painted" were leading the charge on that side, she is not fun to play against, but humourous to see her seducing people left and right. The chosen knights got surrounded and beaten by the black knights and grave guard, getting run down in the process, later Egrimm decided that he didn't want to play today and ended up running off the table. Solid Vampire victory.

Skaven vs Khorne was a pretty fair match. Archaon was leading the Khorne, with Ikit Claw and Thanqoul on the other side. I am pretty sure Khorne ended up blasting it's way through near the end, but I made sure that the three of us on the chaos side were going to have a challenge against the lists on the opposite side, and it worked. The Khorne victory was a hard fought one.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2019, 07:50:05 PM »
Looks grand! :icon_biggrin: :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline brr-icy

• Members
  • All the things 6th
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2019, 01:24:10 PM »
It was, I would have liked a more supervisory role instead of playing, but we didn't have enough people to just straight play if i did that. But it was a success, we'll do it again soon.

Offline Walt von Ark

• Members
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2019, 02:35:11 PM »
Awesome man..
You dont have to see the armies to know who's the dwarf player... :icon_lol:

Offline brr-icy

• Members
  • All the things 6th
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2019, 04:26:44 PM »
Haha, funny part it, all the armies on the defending side plus the Tzeentch army are mine with lists I wrote. The defending players were all pretty new players, so I min/maxed their lists more so than i usually would and made them extremely hard to beat. It was a fun game for everyone other than the nurgle player who forgot to modify shooting for long range, skirmish etc, he was getting a bit frustrated.