home

Author Topic: Paymaster’s coin  (Read 303 times)

Offline Kippers

• Members
  • The White Wolf wants YOU!
Paymaster’s coin
« on: April 04, 2024, 10:51:47 AM »
So, paymaster’s coin, can you use it to re-roll several rolls to hit in the combat phase you use it, or just for one single roll?
Many an ancient lord' s last words had been, "You can' t kill me because I' ve got magic aaargh."

Magic armour is not all it' s cracked up to be. (Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times)

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
Re: Paymaster’s coin
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2024, 11:40:22 AM »
The bearer of a Paymaster’s Coin can re-roll any failed rolls To Hit made during the Combat phase.

'Rolls' in plural, so any and all failed rolls.

-Zyg
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline Kippers

• Members
  • The White Wolf wants YOU!
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2024, 12:01:40 PM »
Ah. Thanks. I missed that
Many an ancient lord' s last words had been, "You can' t kill me because I' ve got magic aaargh."

Magic armour is not all it' s cracked up to be. (Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times)

Offline Clymer

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2024, 10:43:38 PM »
Does it work for the mount’s attacks? I’ve never come up with a clear answer for that one. We’ve been playing that it works for the mount too in my group. But it seems weird to me.
Note: The above post was intended for entertainment purposes only and may contain views not necessarily held by its author. Any similarity to actual facts is purely coincidental.

Offline Dazgrim

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2024, 12:12:55 AM »
Does it work for the mount’s attacks? I’ve never come up with a clear answer for that one. We’ve been playing that it works for the mount too in my group. But it seems weird to me.

It doesn't exclude the mount and precedent suggests that it would if it didn't work on the mount.

Or put another way, what best advantages dragon riders? If in doubt that's probably the right answer.
Don't hug me I'm British, we only show affection to dogs and horses.

Grenzstadt stands.