home

Author Topic: Cavalry  (Read 1849 times)

Offline Lord Maurice Thayer

• Members
Cavalry
« on: June 13, 2009, 07:00:11 PM »
First things first, I think knights should be a special choice (unless army is led by a grand master, then 1+ core) base strength of 4, and inner circle should be 0-1 rare (1+ special of same order if GM is your general) and should have 2 attacks, carry a 75pt banner...

To go along with this we should be able to create our own orders... there is all this fluff about the many different orders in the empire and the differences between them, they should have rules.  it would almost be like the sacred spawnings for the lizardmen, so units and characters that lead them would all be the same and same order and rules... This wouldnt be any crazy upgrades that would bring them to the level of chosen chaos or blood knights, more of a way to distinguish them and their weopons from one another... I dont have any specific upgrade ideas or point costs at the moment, so lets come up with some!!!

Also, Pistoliers and outriders should be a core choice rather than special...
Well if the empire is gonna get all those upgrades you want, then my gobbos want S4, T4, and A2... that would be as balanced as your new halberds and other rules...

Glory for Stirland!!!

Offline Obi

• Members
  • Rest in peace Nate
Re: Cavalry
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 08:24:57 PM »
Wait- you think knights should be special and fast cav core? How so? I mean, knights are very common in the Empire. So are pistoliers, but fast cav core is just overpowered (except for asrais)
Hello Athiuen and welcome to the Back Table.

caveat lector
I killed a duck with a spear, can't read train timetables though
"To be is to do"-Socrates;
"To do is to be"-Sartre;
"Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra

Offline Lord Maurice Thayer

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 08:40:26 PM »
yes, knights are common... maybe vanilla knights could be core... i just think that the fluff talks about all these great orders and such, we should be able to give them rules and create the orders... the upgrades would make them special... plus, IC are already speacial for the +1S... the special knights im proposing would be +1S, and the IC would be rare with the S4 and A2... (appropirate points upgrade for all)
Well if the empire is gonna get all those upgrades you want, then my gobbos want S4, T4, and A2... that would be as balanced as your new halberds and other rules...

Glory for Stirland!!!

Offline Wolfsgaum

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 08:40:38 PM »
Yeah, yeah. There are lots of orders with lots of knights. Lots of knights = common = core   :dry:

Offline Boldrick

• Members
  • My hovercraft is full of eels!
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 06:34:22 PM »
I have a WD with a list of pros and cons to make your own knightly orders
And i like the idea of cavalry with 2 attacks for us
Not because it is great but because right now our cavalry has poor hitting power compared to...anything