home

Author Topic: Tactical Decision Game 2.4: The Plot Thickens  (Read 35533 times)

Offline Noght

• Members
Re: Tactical Decision Game 2.4: The Plot Thickens
« Reply #125 on: September 26, 2012, 03:58:02 PM »
I´d rather not use sneaky rules abuses when playing friendly games against non-Skaven opponents.

Lets see how you feel after the upcoming cheese fest that is the DArk Elf magic phase now that we have no scroll.  Using legal rules isn't sneaky.  Just saying.

Sorry, no offense intended, just seemed like a shifty rule interpretation to me. If it is indeed legal, fair enough.

Although I don't know what DE having a strong armybook has to do with our use of shifty tactics (which, as you have pointed out, wouldn't be the case). [/color]

No worries, just throwing out viable Anti-Horde tactics   :icon_smile:
"...the most incorrigible vice being that of an ignorance which fancies it knows everything..."  Camus.

Offline Harshey

• Members
« Reply #126 on: September 26, 2012, 04:25:56 PM »
Let's roll a 12 with the stank. We have a 3/8 chance of making the charge.  Then the block doesn't matter. not the best odds, but the stank doesn't usually get much better odds of making the charge to the front.

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #127 on: September 26, 2012, 06:50:35 PM »
Ok I am here....i also throw my vote into saving the cannon...if the witch is on the right corner of the small spear unit how about we fire both stanks down the front rank of the spear unit? I mean potentially we have 20 dead spears and with both shots all three characters under the template so we should have statistically one failed look out sir roll if either the Lord or the bsb go down they are easy pickings for our knights.
I wouldn´t be unhappy with the death mage dying either.

Reiksguard could move up the hill next turn either charging the exes or marching down the hill towards the center....I have a feeling my suggestions have messed up the unit from turn one forward....
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 08:23:41 PM by Fandir Nightshade »

Offline Windelov

• Members
Sv: Tactical Decision Game 2.4: The Plot Thickens
« Reply #128 on: September 26, 2012, 07:30:22 PM »
We wanted to kill the major witch, and we still can. The characters in the big spearmen unit is spread out so we need to be really lucky if we are to hit all three.

I say lets go for the metal witch with all three cannons and magic.

Sendt fra min GT-I9000 med Tapatalk2

Offline Friar Metick

• Members
  • Talks with hammer!
« Reply #129 on: September 26, 2012, 08:17:24 PM »
I´d rather not use sneaky rules abuses when playing friendly games against non-Skaven opponents.

Lets see how you feel after the upcoming cheese fest that is the DArk Elf magic phase now that we have no scroll.  Using legal rules isn't sneaky.  Just saying.

Sorry, no offense intended, just seemed like a shifty rule interpretation to me. If it is indeed legal, fair enough.

Although I don't know what DE having a strong armybook has to do with our use of shifty tactics (which, as you have pointed out, wouldn't be the case). [/color]

I like the tactic, I want to revisit it when I finish my High Elf army and am using the dreaded Eagle diverters.  :eusa_clap: I am not sure if I would count on it here because were hoping the Stank dice roll comes out the way we want it to, and I don't have the greatest luck with dice. So I prefer to go with a high probability move if that option is possible.  :icon_smile:
Blessed be those who game.

Friar Metick

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #130 on: September 26, 2012, 08:23:33 PM »
Ok metal witch with all three guns...and archers saving the day....or cannon.

Anyone against this?

Offline Noght

• Members
« Reply #131 on: September 26, 2012, 08:35:00 PM »

I like the tactic, I want to revisit it when I finish my High Elf army and am using the dreaded Eagle diverters.  :eusa_clap: I am not sure if I would count on it here because were hoping the Stank dice roll comes out the way we want it to, and I don't have the greatest luck with dice. So I prefer to go with a high probability move if that option is possible.  :icon_smile:

If you don't have 4 Eagles, shame on you.  :icon_smile:

Here's our discussion oner on the Illinois board.
http://iwfb.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=232
"...the most incorrigible vice being that of an ignorance which fancies it knows everything..."  Camus.

Offline Windelov

• Members
« Reply #132 on: September 26, 2012, 08:35:27 PM »

Anyone against this?

Archers saves the cannon and fire for flank shot on big spear unit next turn  :icon_smile:

Offline MrAbyssal

• Members
« Reply #133 on: September 26, 2012, 11:00:32 PM »

Anyone against this?

Archers saves the cannon and fire for flank shot on big spear unit next turn  :icon_smile:

+1 to this.
There are three things each man judges another man by;

1. The size of his codpiece
2. The amount of skulls he carries
3. The length of his feather

Offline Holy Hand Grenade

• Members
  • Never leave the Province without it...
« Reply #134 on: September 27, 2012, 12:02:33 AM »
***Update***

Team Blue Movement

ICK charge the Harpies and the western Knight charge the Dark Riders.  Both hold.

STank 1 gets a 12” move.  STank 2 gets a 13” move.  Both go full steam ahead towards the Metal witch.

The Archer detachment moves to intercept the Shades encroaching on the cannon, the eastern Knights wheel to turn back to the center and the Reikguard barely crest the hill and stay as far away from the Exes as possible.

Team Green Movement

Reiksguard declare a charge against the Shades.  They Flee 7.”  Reik move forward 5” on a failed charge.

The Knights declare a charge against the Shades now, which have to flee again.  The Shades Flee another 6” away from the Knights. 

The Knights make the Leadership test to re-direct and declare a charge against the Harpies.  The Harpies hold.  Rolling a 4,2,2 equals a failed charge on the Knights.  They stumble forward 4.

Demigryphs declare a charge against the Hydra.  It holds.  Demis make their DT test.

The STank rumbles forward 10 towards the Executioners.

The west Demigryphs reform to get the flank of the Executioners (and the rear of the Exes if they charge the STank!)

Team Blue Magic & Shooting

Empire rolls a 3+1 for Winds of Magic.  1 channel for the DE plus +1 DD for the Seal of Grond makes it:  4 PD, 5 DD.

The Beast Mages goes all out on a 4-dice Flock of Doom on the Sorc bunker. 
16+4=20.  Dreadlord rolls all his DD:  2x6s.  Dispelled.

Shooting:
--Archer Regiment fires at the Sorc Bunker.  They manage to kill 1 Warrior.
--Archer detachment fires at the Shades.  All misses.
--The Great Cannon fires off its cannonball.  Goes 2” and bounces 2”  Doesn’t hit anything.
--STank 1 loads up a shot.  Misfire.  Takes 3 wounds.  It finally ended its own life.    :cry:
--The STank 2 shoots its cannonball.  Hits mage + 3 models.  Metal Sorc makes the Look out Ma’am! Roll.  Kills 4.  Engie fires his pistol at the horde to no effect.
(In total, you killed 5 of the Sorc Bunker.  It has 6 + Sorc remaining.)

Team Green Magic & Shooting

Same gig:  4 PD, 5 DD.
--First cast is a 1 die 5+ Ward on the Reiksguard.  Failed cast.
--Second cast is a 1 die 5+ Ward on the ICK.  Success on a 5.  Dreadlord lets it go.
--Last cast is a 3-dice Iceshard Blizzard on the Executioners.  11+4=15.  Dreadlord rolls all his DD and gets 2x 6s.  Dispelled.

Shooting: 

--West Helblaster opens up on the Dark Riders:  Misfire, 10, 4.  Engire re-roll also comes out a 10.  24 shots = overkill.  The Dark Riders are turned into dog food.
--East Helblaster opens up on the Warrior bus:  6, 8, 6.  20 shots, 8 hits, 7 wounds.  7 die.
--STank blasts the Executioners with a 2 Str Breath attack.  Hits 21 models, 7 wounds, 3 saves.  4 Exes die.  Engie fires his pistol as well-  no effect.

Team Blue Combat

The Knights easily clear out the two chaff units.  The Vanilla Knights suffer 1 casualty in the process, however.

Team Green Combat

The only combat is the rusted Demis versus the Hydra.

--First go the Beastmasters-  6 hits, 2 wounds, 1 save.  Demis take 1 wound.
--Demis go.  9 attacks, 5 hits, 2 wounds, no regen saves.
--Knights go.  3 attacks, 2 hits, 1 wound, Regen save.

--Hydra goes.  7 attacks, 4 hits, 2 wounds, no saves.  1 Demi is removed.  Hydra pops his (now) Str 3 breath weapon and gets 12 Str 3 hits.  4 wounds.  All saved.

Combat resolution:   Demis charged downhill and did 2 wounds, Hydra did 3 wounds.  Empire wins by 1.  Dreadlord needs to make a Break test on a 7 and rolls a 5.  The Hydra holds.

End of Empire Turn

Here is what it looks like:

Not the greatest turn for the good guys.  Hopefully Dreadlord suffers the same fate on his Turn 3.
I will be getting with Dreadlord soon to get his decisions for his turn.  Stay tuned.

:::cheers:::
HHG

« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 12:38:59 AM by Holy Hand Grenade »
If at first you don't succeed...you either don't have enough faith or you need to bring more explosives

HHG's TDG/TEG Dice Tracker

Offline zifnab0

• Members
« Reply #135 on: September 27, 2012, 12:24:06 AM »
Combat resolution:   Demis charged and did 2 wounds, Hydra did 3 wounds.  Tied combat (remember, no standards or musicians in your Demis!).
You forgot +1 for charging downhill (p. 53)

Offline Noght

• Members
« Reply #136 on: September 27, 2012, 12:30:55 AM »
What Zif said.

Not the greatest turn for the good guys.  Hopefully Dreadlord suffers the same fate on his Turn 3.
I will be getting with Dreadlord soon to get his decisions for his turn.  Stay tuned.

I think it was an awesome turn :icon_smile:

• Members
« Reply #137 on: September 27, 2012, 12:36:53 AM »
Combat resolution:   Demis charged and did 2 wounds, Hydra did 3 wounds.  Tied combat (remember, no standards or musicians in your Demis!).

Yes I did!  I will go up and modify the post.  Dreadlord just rolled a 5 on the Break test.  The fatty holds.
If at first you don't succeed...you either don't have enough faith or you need to bring more explosives

Offline Harshey

• Members
« Reply #138 on: September 27, 2012, 01:06:38 AM »
Well... That didn't go as planned just about anywhere, except for the shooting phase.
Demi's against the hydra? Really needed a third wound there do we could finish it during dreadlord's turn.

So how many executioners are left?
And how many spears are left?

I expect we're going to be dealing with a lot of chaff for our next turn. We just need to get through this next magic phase...

• Members
« Reply #139 on: September 27, 2012, 01:17:15 AM »
Well... That didn't go as planned just about anywhere, except for the shooting phase.
Demi's against the hydra? Really needed a third wound there do we could finish it during dreadlord's turn.

So how many executioners are left?
And how many spears are left?

I expect we're going to be dealing with a lot of chaff for our next turn. We just need to get through this next magic phase...

27 Exes.
24 Warriors.

Pointy-eared bodies are getting low....

Offline Friar Metick

• Members
  • Talks with hammer!
« Reply #140 on: September 27, 2012, 01:39:49 AM »

If you don't have 4 Eagles, shame on you.  :icon_smile:

Here's our discussion oner on the Illinois board.
http://iwfb.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=232

Thanks for the tip and link.  :::cheers::: IWFB....huh, do you go to BiTS?

Friar Metick

Offline Friar Metick

• Members
  • Talks with hammer!
« Reply #141 on: September 27, 2012, 01:54:38 AM »

Yes I did!  I will go up and modify the post.  Dreadlord just rolled a 5 on the Break test.  The fatty holds.

Did the fatty roll a panic test when the shades fled through it?

Friar Metick

Offline Noght

• Members
« Reply #142 on: September 27, 2012, 01:59:10 AM »

Did the Execs when the Riders got vaporized?

Offline Noght

• Members
« Reply #143 on: September 27, 2012, 02:01:44 AM »

Was scheduled and paid, had to cancel due Relay for Life.  Next year though.

Offline Friar Metick

• Members
  • Talks with hammer!
« Reply #144 on: September 27, 2012, 02:06:08 AM »

Was scheduled and paid, had to cancel due Relay for Life.  Next year though.

I've been to both, they were a blast.

Friar Metick

• Members
« Reply #145 on: September 27, 2012, 02:08:32 AM »

I will try and do a better job of writing psych tests into the posts.  Yes, he made them both.

Offline Noght

• Members
« Reply #146 on: September 27, 2012, 02:13:53 AM »

I will try and do a better job of writing psych tests into the posts.  Yes, he made them both.

You.     Are.     Killing.    Me.    Smalls.   

• Members
« Reply #147 on: September 27, 2012, 02:36:39 AM »

You.     Are.     Killing.    Me.    Smalls.   

What part?  That you have a glimmer of hope that maybe I forgot?  Or the fact that Dreadlord makes a lot of his rolls?

Offline Harshey

• Members
« Reply #148 on: September 27, 2012, 02:38:52 AM »
I was at BITS. Ran my empire too. I think I ended up with a very fun but disappointing 2-1-2 record. Really good tournament. Doubled in size in its second year two about 80. If people on the forum are looking for a good tourney, we have a few food ones in Chicago.

Offline Noght

• Members
« Reply #149 on: September 27, 2012, 02:50:56 AM »
  What part?  That you have a glimmer of hope that maybe I forgot?  Or the fact that Dreadlord makes a lot of his rolls?

You need to use my dice for Leadership rolls.  :icon_smile:

Maybe the dice will balance this turn. (Please, please).