home

Author Topic: Border Princes IC 2524 (Linked to the Solland Effort)  (Read 88351 times)

Offline Inarticulate

• Members
Re: Border Princes IC 2524 (Linked to the Solland Effort)
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2009, 06:44:51 PM »
"Ah excellent, a man from the ranks, how novel. So Arathos controls many towns in the east? I bet he needs a lot of men to fight the various Greenskins and Human raiders in the area?"

I for one welcome our new flying cat overlords.

Offline Toro_Blanco

• Members
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2009, 06:47:31 PM »
"The General does not 'control' a single town; we Dawnstriders are a force dedicated to the pacification and prosperity of the Borders."
The first school of thought is that the ragged-assed Stirlanders, not having two coppers to rub together, nicked it when an elven envoy was passing through the area and had hopped off it to take a pee behind a tree

Offline Inarticulate

• Members
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2009, 06:50:41 PM »
"Ah, ah right. So the settlements pay money to the General for this protection? How much does it cost to keep all of the men under his command?" Stefan thought of this as good idea, though his idea of 'protection' was different from General Arathos' ideology.

Offline Toro_Blanco

• Members
« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2009, 06:54:26 PM »
"The General provides a unique arrangement; the various towns pledge their armies, and their young men of military age, to the service of the Dawnstriders rather than their own militia.  They also pay annual fees, payable in either coin or trade goods, to support their share of the soldiery.  In exchange, each town is allowed to rule itself autonomously, pass their own laws, and so forth.  The benefit is that each town is able to call upon an army far greater in size and strength than it would be able to field on its own; in addition, the soldiers spend their downtime doing works the General demands; paving roads, raising walls, and so on.  I'm not entirely sure how much the whole affair costs, but I cannot imagine it is cheap.  We have many soldiers, after all,"
The first school of thought is that the ragged-assed Stirlanders, not having two coppers to rub together, nicked it when an elven envoy was passing through the area and had hopped off it to take a pee behind a tree

Offline Inarticulate

• Members
« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2009, 07:06:43 PM »
"It is an interesting way of doing things." Stefan blurted. "Though there is so much profit to be made from conquering the nearby towns. Your Knights look spectacular, are they all Nobles from the area?"

Offline Toro_Blanco

• Members
« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2009, 07:10:40 PM »
"The General feels that, under his system, things are better.  The people harbor no resentment to us, because we have not conquered them.  Yet, when we need the towns to work together, sign treaties, and in general follow our instructions, they know that to defy us is to risk losing our protection, and the prosperity it brings to them.  As for my men, I thank you for the complement.  Most of them are from the surrounding regions, and of common birth.  The General believes that advancement should be based upon merit than blood; he wants only the most skilled in his elite units, and cares not who birthed them if they are superior soldiers.  Those who are not from these lands, like myself, hail mostly from Talabecland."

Offline Inarticulate

• Members
« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2009, 07:14:48 PM »
"I can see you do things very differently this side of the River." Remarked Stefan, satisfied he'd been able to pry some information from the Captain. "Ah a Talabeclander eh? I'm from Southern Averland myself."

Offline Toro_Blanco

• Members
« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2009, 07:22:53 PM »
How did you ever get your corpulence over the mountains, Otto wondered to himself.

"Averland, good province.  Shame about Leitdorf, and the confusion that has followed."

Offline Inarticulate

• Members
« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2009, 07:25:53 PM »
Stefan waved a hand, the many jeweled rings glittering in the sun streaming through the window. "Pah I haven't been back there in almost twenty years. I'm sick of the Empire, everything is political there. This is a free land, the frontiers where a man can be a man!"

Offline Toro_Blanco

• Members
« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2009, 07:28:18 PM »
Or a pig.

"Indeed, Herr Vitec.  I have found life here to be very good; fighting for the Dawnstriders gives me a sense that I am doing something great, something that makes a difference.  A purpose in life is very important, especially for a soldier."

Offline Inarticulate

• Members
« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2009, 07:42:11 PM »
Hehe that made me chuckle

Stefan chuckled at the man's naivety. "Very well my friend, as long as you are doing something great, then I'll feel better. Though the purpose of a soldier is to follow his master's orders in my view."

Stefan made a large fake yawn, making to dismiss the Captain. "Time for my afternoon nap, I think. I'll see you at dinner."

Offline Fog Of Waagh

• Members
  • Be better then a man, join the waagh effort!
« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2009, 10:00:38 PM »
                                               The Enterence of Estalia

The soil was thick, and damp. The air was cool and full of moisture. The sky was a ugly gray and the sun was nearly unseen. "These are ugly lands. . ." Leon thought to himself as he rocked gently up and down on the horse's back as it carried him down the road. He stuck out like a sore thumb, he was a tall, average built man with hawk like features and a short cropped Estalian beard, worst of all, he was dressed in reds, oranges, yellows, and other vibrant bright colors of Estalia. He was moving slowly down the road with the 20 other men, the others being heavily armed and armored caballeros, personal guard sent by Ricardo to protect Leon. Leon was new to this, traveling business, he did not enjoy the long boring trip. He felt he should of been the messanger picked to go visit the Empire, or Bretonnia, or even Tilea, but no. Leon was to be the messanger sent to the Border Princes. There he would visit each town, trying to speak Riekspiel to the local folk, trying to spread the word of his Lord and master. Trying hard to spread the word of Estalia being the better mercenaries, that Estalia was the true army to turn to if you wanted soemthing done. More then once though, the language barrier proved to be difficult but that was not bothered him the most. What bothered Leon and the men the most was, when a villager or guard announced "Some Tileans are here!". That really set the men off, they held no common ground with the Tileans and were far from being Tilean, at least, in their opinion they were. One such occasion was at the town of Chamberton, a local farmer walked directly up to the guards and Leon and began to talk in a very friendly tone. The conversation was very polite and went on for several minutes. The man soon asked where they were from and gained the answer of Estalia, to which the man questioned in what part of Tilea is that. The man was not able to speak for the rest of the week but his tongue did fully heal up, well what was left of it.

Leon had come to his final straw, he could not take these "barbarians" any longer. Instead of camping outside the Town as always, the Estalians decided they would sleep inside. They forced themselves into the town and bullied their way into some free lodging for the night. Leon was polite the first few months of the trip, but now, towards the end, he had no love or care for these local people. Letting his guards roam free, he gave them but one order. "Have some fun and don't burn the town too badly." That night the town was alive with with crimes that orcs wouldn't commit. Sadly for the villagers, 20 specially trained, heavily armed, fully armored knights with a bad temper that has been suppressed for nearly a year, was let loose in one godless flood. Every pig was eaten, every house sacked, every shop pillaged, nothing was safe or sacred to the Knights. It was a small village of 60 people, compared to most local towns this wasn't even a dot on the map but they had numbers against the knights. It was 3 to 1 but the knights were something the townsfolk could never stand up to. Leon, staring out from his newly acquired bedroom, sighed tiredly at the scene. He watched as the knights kicked down doors and pulled children screaming and kicking away from their parents. He watched as every evil these knights could do to the town was committed. He watched it all, as if watching birds chirp or grass grow, to him it was nothing. He did enjoy the local wine though, Leon thought to himself that he would compliment the bar keep on his excellent find that was, if the bar keep wasn't dead on the floor of his own tavern.

The next day, not a man nore woman was spared, they butchered the town leaving only the new orphans alone but alive in the smoldering town. Leon cared not what happend to the children, he knew that the town was someday going to be doomed by orcs and greenskins, in his mind he justified his actions. He thought to himself this was them simply removing some weak minded fools, bettering the human race. Through the day the Knights were happy, they joked of some of the acts they committed, almost boasted about some of the crimes they committed. Leon could not help but smile, these lands were truly lawless, these lands were ripe for the taking, he saw now his Lord's plan. After a hard days travel, those 20 knights went to sleep happy and full on the loot they gained from the town, Leon himself was able to comfortably go to sleep on blankets and sip wine before he slept... It was truly a good day.

Leon awoke the next morning, nodding to his fellow Estalians as they too got up. Each knight began to dress themselves slowly, all of them were tired and slothful. A few brave knights chased the cobwebs out of their brains by splashing the cool mountain water against their faces. It sent shivers down the spine but woke you up quickly, Leon learned this himself. Feeling refreshed, Leon turned to his brave guards and spoke clearly in their native tongue. "We ride! Two days away from the next town, if we are lucky, they will be as stupid as the last! If we are blessed, they might actually have some work for us!" This was greeted by chuckles and nods, but all would agree, it was going to be a good day.
Scream WAAAGH and let slip the Boars of war!

Offline Inarticulate

• Members
« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2009, 11:50:04 PM »
Welcome to the Campaign!

Nice to see some Tile.. oops I mean Estalians let loose among the poor folk of the Border Princes. Not a happy lot are they? Your band of mean conquistadores.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2009, 12:16:04 AM »
Yes, welcome to this event! :::cheers:::

It seems the Border Princes are living up to there reputation, a complete mix of all kinds. :icon_cool:

By the way, I've been working on a list for the main towns, and rulers, and even the current heritage of their leaders, if you BPers pm me your emails I'll send out what I have for your review when I've completed my draft, and once it is finalized we can make it available for all who would like to use it, and update it across the scope of the current year.

"The Solland Effort of 2524" is intended to run in conjunction with the current calendar, and we can do the same thing here with this as well.  The neat thing is we have folks from both the Ex-Solland thread and here working together to co-ordinate what's happening both here and over the mountains in Wissenland.  If we all keep co-operating like this, what a story this will be. :icon_biggrin:
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 02:14:07 PM by GamesPoet »
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Toro_Blanco

• Members
« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2009, 04:18:33 AM »
The caravan came to a halt long enough for Otto to disembark from the coach, and make his way back to his men.  As they began riding again, Otto tried his best to keep from scowling too obviously.  This...man, if he must refer to him as such, was perhaps the most vile individual he had ever encountered.  This man represented, to Otto, everything the Dawnstriders worked to stop and destroy.  They could not arrive at Schwarzbaum soon enough for his comfort; for the time being, he waited for this Stefan Vitec to halt the caravan again for dinner.

Offline Fog Of Waagh

• Members
« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2009, 06:35:27 AM »
    The Estalians pressed on, traveling down the dirt road till they fell to its end. Knowing they would soon have to cross fields and hills, they prepared for a hard ride. The Estalians were comfortable with roads, but were more accustom to the lack of roads. The Estalians, either bored of the long trudge, or chipper from their raid, began to sing. They song in their native song a bawdy song of an Elf and her deallings with a randy troll. They joked at times, saying out of tune that they met a few women like that, and half of those were from the town they just sacked.  Over all, spirits were high and it made the two days travel much easier.

The day was young, it could be called a good a day, it was in the Estalians' opinions at the least. The townsfolk, did not share such an idea towards the end of the day once the strangers made their stay. It was, in Leon's opinion, another "barbarian's" town, it was larger then the last, this could of easily held 200 or so people, and this one had its own palisade wall. The local peasants who were tending to their fields, looked up at the Knights and smiled. They had not a clue what these knights committed just three days before, and they had no clue they were still blood thirsty. Luckily for them, the Knights were not stupid, they knew such a town could not be bullied so easily by just 21 men. The Knights, in return to the smiles, tipped their crescent helms in a respectful nod and continued on. In their own native tongue, they spoke ill of these people, insulting them behind happy smiles. Leon himself found he held a giant grin from ear to ear all the while saying comments that would make a troll look civilized. It was one these peasants that Leon was busy insulting, that came up to the group. The peasant was a strongly built, stout bear of a man, he had sharp eyes and gruff features. The man, without fear, looked up and spoke in Reikspiel slowly, so that the strangers might better understand him.

"Who, are, you?"

Leon, keeping the smile alive, turns to the man and speaks slowly himself, trying to mask as much of the accent as he can. As he spoke he soon found no matter how hard he tried, his r's rolled and his accent came thick. He was a messanger use to speaking to Estalian Lords, Bretonnian Nobles, or Tilean Merchants, not men the Empire... Leon barely grasped their language.

"I am, Leon De Cantabaria, an' these arr~e my, caballeros. We come for... uh... Trade? . . . Work. . . Job? Word vanishes the tongue... I speak bits, only your Ree'k'spela.''

The peasant, being a man of patience, nods and listens to Leon butcher the language. He knew from past experiences that men dressed the way these strangers were, did not learn to speak his native tongue. He knew also of what Leon was trying to say, Mercenaries. It was an all too common trade in this area, men for hire were just as plentiful as orcs and goblins. The peasent knew such business matters were not for him to decide, but instead, for the town mayor to conjure up. Speaking slowly once more, the man looked up at Leon and stared him fully in the eyes.

"Come. Fallow me. Speak to Mayor."

Leon, could not help but smile, for once a town with a governmental system, this was good, this meant people he could actually talk to. Hours went by as Leon and the mayor talked about business, each trying to express that the other needed them more then the other. Leon tried to say the town needed real soldiers and knights to protect it, the man tried to explain that the knights needed food and shelter, a place to keep the horses and tend to their armor. Both trying to cut a deal that undermined the other. Over all, it ended poorly, the Estalians took offense once the man brought up the idea of Tilean Mercenaries working for cheaper prices. This caused a flare of Drama for the rest of the night that drove the Estalians out of the Mayor's residence to the town's inn. There, the 20 knights drank the night away, Leon took to drinking much less. Leon kept himself sober, sober enough to talk and listen to the local gossip, learning about who in these lands was worth the trip to see.

The Knights, having given up trying to gain the town's favor, became just temporary guestes. They enjoyed the local drink, enjoyed the local beds, enjoyed the local women, but most of all, enjoyed the local gossip. The Estalians spoke little Reikspiel but what they did understand, they understood numbers and gold the most. They heard of the local towns that had some coin stashed away, they learned of the rich lords of the area, they learned names. Leon had more then enough information to send back to his Lord's expeditionary force, he knew once those men got the word, everytown not showering them with money would be sacked and looted. He knew that soon, these towns better pay up, or their mercenary work may soon turn into the work of local raiders. But till then, this town was to be their home, it was large enough and it had enough distractions to keep the Knights busy till Leon could plan something, till then, all they can do is wait.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 06:42:50 AM by Fog Of Waagh »

Offline Inarticulate

• Members
« Reply #66 on: April 09, 2009, 12:13:49 PM »
Alphonse was a man used to life. He had spent his entire life in the Border Princes, a life of hardship and toil where he had learned the skills of hunting and tracking in the sparse forests south of the Black Mountains. Because of this, the scene of devastation before him was not unusual, a deserted, half burnt village, its streets littered with bodies. His men picked their way through the rubble and corpses, looking at the tracks and trying to  understand the scene before them. To Alphonse, it looked like Greenskin raid, such was the death and destruction, but there was also signs of looting and ravishing which Greenskins most definitely didn't do. So it must be Human raiders, yet they hadn't taken slaves or horses, just slaughtered the villagers.

Alphonse and his huntsmen held a brief conference, to discuss what they should do. The village was not their concern, but their homes were nearby and could be under threat. After a few minutes the hunters hefted their recurve bows and loped away.

Offline Fog Of Waagh

• Members
« Reply #67 on: April 09, 2009, 01:51:36 PM »
    Leon went back and forth from one end of the room to the other, over and over. He was restless, as were the men, they had their fun last night but they wanted more. They were soldiers, their job was to destroy, they grew up in Estalia fighting since they were old enough to draw a weapon and swing it. Sitting and waiting was not their cup of tea. A few of the knights came up with the idea of raiding a bit more, hitting a few of the weaker villages then run back to this village as shelter. Leon, could not disagree, he knew it was either give them something to vent their emotions on, or they will vent it on each other. Leon nodded to the knights, finally giving in. Leon gave once again just one order: "Bring me something nice, suprise me."

The Knights were all to happy that day, they once again armored their bodies, sharpened their blades, and rallied their spirits. They had a butcher's work ahead of them, they could not help but smile. They road out of the village at a quick speed, fallowing some local directions to some smaller villages and camps, they choose the smallest targets, and the weakest people. To them this was not war, but sport, they hunted the townsfolk down like animals. They even invented a game, they would capture a few villagers and let them run free on an open field, giving them a head start of 5 minutes, they would then chase them down and the knight who scored the killing blow, got to go first with the next woman they saw. A system of points devised where the knight was awarded on where they struck the victim, and how much damage it did. They did this through the day, they stopped only when their sword arms hurt, or their horses groaned, either way, a path of destruction was always left behind.

Offline Toro_Blanco

• Members
« Reply #68 on: April 09, 2009, 02:28:35 PM »
Dawnbringer Hold, Schwarzbaum, IC 2524

Arathos busied himself preparing for the arrival of Stefan Vitec.  His handpicked greatswords were drilling in the courtyard, their armor polished and their tabards clean.  They would, ideally, be an intimidating sight when he arrived.  His scouts were busy watching the Western Trail, the paved road that was the beginnings of a sturdy, paved highway system that would, in time, link all the cities under his protection together.  He got the idea from a visit to Tilea, and saw how durable the roads were there; the locals claimed they had been made centuries, even millennia ago, yet still they were in place and usable.  The furthest point on the trail was broken, because they were still smoothing and paving the road as they went, and ideally it would both slow the procession of wagons and coaches down, and force Stefan to take note of their projects.  His hope was that the arrogant man would realize that the Dawnstriders commanded both military and economic might, enough to undertake such projects.  He made his way out of the hold, and on to Brimcon's workshop, to check up on the Emerald Wind, Brimcon's master project.  He was pleased to see it gleaming in the sun; the massive steam tank had been built to resemble a large sailing ship, though the "planks" along her hull were hammered and polished sheets of brass, atop a sturdy steel hull.  The device was big, even for a steam tank, and he knew that it would command respect even from the arrogant Stefan.  His next stop was to the various markets and shops, to make sure that there were sufficient supplies to feed his coming guests, and stables for their horses.  He did not know how large his retinue would be, but he would not be unprepared.  Finally, with most of his duties handled, he returned to the hold to don his own armor, and wait for word of new arrivals.

Offline Toro_Blanco

• Members
« Reply #69 on: April 09, 2009, 02:45:47 PM »
Somewhere in the Border Princes, IC 2524

Frederick wasn't sure why Otto, and not he, was chosen to escort this honored guest to Schwarzbaum, and it bothered him to be on routine patrols for the week.  Rheinhardt was personally attending to the patrols to the West, watching the lands under the Vitecs for any signs of aggression, and Henry had been called to Schwarzbaum with a sizable portion of his chapter to further impress this guest with the size of their cavalry.  Frederick, meanwhile, was riding out in the middle of nowhere, watching for orcs, raiders, or anything suspicious.  His day seemed boring, but he soon changed his mind when they came across a ruined village.  Frederick could not remember the name, but he did recall that the elders there seemed uninterested in allowing the Dawnstriders to protect them.  The hamlet was small, and assumed that it was far enough off the beaten path that enemies would not be a concern.  Apparently, they were wrong.

Frederick and his men examined the ruined village, and assumed it had been orcs; they'd murdered nearly everyone, and the place appeared to have been pillaged.  Frederick thought this was odd, most greenskins gorged themselves on the dead and took shiny things for themselves, but that was about it.  Here, the dead had been left to lie in the sun, and there were no crude paintings or dung sculptures of their deities; something was very odd.  Just then, there was the sound of something clattering on wood in one of the ruined homes, and Frederick and his dismounted knights drew their swords, marching over to investigate.  Something was hiding in the hovel, and they'd find out what.  Frederick, as the leader, yanked aside the door and saw the menace within: a dirty child.  There were more hiding in shadows, and they were all paralyzed with fear.  Frederick was astonished; this was not the work of orcs, they'd have killed and eaten the children as soon as the adults.  He put away his sword, and kneeled to the child, trying not to scare it further.  "It's alright, little one.  We're not here to hurt you."  He put his sword, still in the scabbard, on the floor.  The other knights sheathed their weapons and removed their plate helms, staying back from the door.  "It's okay, you're safe now."  The child whimpered, and soon whimpers turned to sniffles, which turned to bawling and wailing.  The others in the room followed suit, and Frederick and his men found themselves acting as surrogate parents.  They did their best to comfort the children, but all they could get from them was that "bad men" had come, and killed their parents.  Nearly all of them had witnessed it before their very eyes, and some told tales of even more horrid deeds.  One spoke of how his father was killed, then his mother ravaged before her son and dead husband, her throat cut open as he climaxed.  The child, of course, did not understand he was describing a rape (what the "bad man" was doing to his mother, he didn't know), but the knights understood perfectly.  Frederick's eyes were grim; they spent the next few hours feeding the children and giving them water, then discussed what to do next.  Frederick sent a small portion of his men back towards Schwarzbaum with the orphans, while the remainder of the company mounted and rode in hard pursuit of the trail leading away from the village.  They were looking for evil men, in (according to the children) "funny helmets and lots of red and yellow".  He would find them, and put them to the sword for their heinous crimes.

Offline Fog Of Waagh

• Members
« Reply #70 on: April 09, 2009, 02:58:15 PM »
    The knights chased down their last victim, at least for this village. One of the knights, the most veteran of them, got the killing blow, landing his sword right between the shoulder blades of the fleeing peasant. The others, finally catching up, marveled at the clean slice. They spoke in jolly tones over the dieing man, letting him wither and bleed on the ground. It was a good strike, but not an instant kill. Rodreigo, the knight that was mentioned, dismounted and studied the wound his sword made. Putting his finger into the man's wound, causing him to scream in pain, he measured how deeply the blade went in. Showing the others how deep the blade went, they all agreed on the number 6. "Only 6 points?! I'm the only one who got a strike on him?! Bah, old women, the lot of you! Fair is fair, the next town, I get first pick of the women! Now mount up! Lets find some more!"

The Knights mounted up and set out, traveling around looking for more victims to put to the sword. Always the same case left behind, the town sacked, the men and women butchered, the children left behind. They, in their minds, were soldiers, not monsters. They would commit some low acts, but a child was safe in their eyes.

Offline Inarticulate

• Members
« Reply #71 on: April 09, 2009, 03:06:32 PM »
Alphonse nocked an arrow to his powerful bow. The horsemen were walking along the deer trail, the one he and his men were following also. They were heavily armed and armoured, steel glinting in the sunlight streaming through the trees. He pulled back on his bow, touching the arrow to his cheek as he aimed down the shaft, his men were doing the same around the ambush site, aiming at individual riders, picking out vulnerable spots at the neck and armpit.

It would be the work of a few moments to scythe down the riders. Punching men from their saddles in a flurry arrows. But Alphonse had other ideas. He wanted these evil men to know what they had done and why they were going to die, he let out a low wolf call, a signal for his men not to loose.

He adjusted his aim with a swift motion, loosing his arrow just ahead of the lead rider, the point slamming deep into the tree some two feet from the man's head. With that, Alphonse nocked another arrow to his string and stepped onto the trail.

"Murderers, you shall receive judgement for your crimes."

He drew back on his string, aiming towards the surprised Dawnstrider's neck.

Offline Toro_Blanco

• Members
« Reply #72 on: April 09, 2009, 03:12:38 PM »
Frederick glanced over his shoulder; he could have sworn he heard something.  He then examined the trail beneath their horses, and called to his musician.  "What do you see?"
     "The trail leads east; the raiders were moving slowly, I think.  If we hurry, we might catch them, sir!"  Frederick nodded.

Offline Fog Of Waagh

• Members
« Reply #73 on: April 09, 2009, 03:25:58 PM »
    The Estalians pressed on, liesurely trotting across the fields to the smaller villages. They soon didn't even press the horses hard, knowing the harder they work the horses during the traveling between the villages, the slower they would be in the hunt. They soon took to even dismounting and leading their horses on, trying to save them for the game. It no longer became a job of raiding and pillageing but instead of who can get the most points. The next town felt the wrath of the Estalians, the butchery turned to sport, and soon every villager was rounded up, alive and well in the center of the town. Rodreigo, in his broken Reikspeil, spoke to the gathered victims. "You.... Run... Now!" With that, Rodreigo began to hack and slash at the crowd of people, hitting and striking at those too slow to run away in time. The villagers ran screaming in all directions, the knights were all to eager to mount up and chase after.

Offline Toro_Blanco

• Members
« Reply #74 on: April 09, 2009, 03:38:48 PM »
Frederick whirled his horse around, astonished at the archer.  He wasn't sure what was going on, but he knew they were chasing cavalry, not militia.  His men, panicked, began to draw their weapons but Frederick better.  "Hold!  We're not the men you're looking for!  Everyone, stay your weapons!"