home

Author Topic: Hobby Goals 2021 !!!  (Read 2022 times)

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Hobby Goals 2021 !!!
« on: January 03, 2021, 01:28:15 PM »
So do you have any hobby goals for 2021 :icon_question:

- - -

My primary goal is to get as many of my Wars of the Roses figures painted as possible.

I'm also planning on getting my hobby website up and running so that I can start hosting my own pictures on it, and posting pictures here.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
Re: Hobby Goals 2021 !!!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2021, 07:24:18 PM »
Finish what I've started over the past two years.  :lol:

Maybe THEN start a wholly new project. Either Baron's War or Byzantines.

But if I'm usually painting about a hundred minis each year, and two larger terrain pieces and some scatter terrain, then the existing painting & scratchbuilding queue is pretty much what I will going through this year. Unless I get really efficient somehow.

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2021, 01:12:31 AM »
I'd like to put a good dent into my backlog and have at least one game every 3 months. Even games like Blackstone Fortress or something simple.

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2021, 03:13:26 AM »
Finish my squad of Imperial Fists. They've been sitting next to me for too long! :eusa_wall:
Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline Novogord

• Mr Goblin
  • Members
  • Wie wind zaait, zal storm oogsten
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001398349166
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2021, 06:56:36 AM »
Ok, I want to complete a few things this year:
  • Malifaux Gremling Gang
  • Necromunda Arbiters Squad
  • Imperial Guard Steel Legion Army
  • Complete my dwarf force and my slayer army
This is going to be a lot of work, but if I can finish this all. My backlog will be much smaller!
Only the dead have seen the end of the war

Being an intellectual creates a lot of questions and no answers.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2021, 10:59:35 PM »
Nothing new on the 28mm Perry WotRs figures yet ... need to prime asap though.

However ... finished my 6 mounted crossbows.  Unless one counts not having based them yet. :icon_wink: :icon_mrgreen: :::cheers:::

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Old Stonebeard

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2021, 01:27:52 AM »
Paint lots and lots of 40k and AOS.

That is all.

Alex
you know you can just play 8th, right?

Quote from: Midaski
You think he would tell Zak and not his staff?
Even (Grutch) is not that insensitive

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2021, 01:33:16 PM »
Added some goals for the upcoming year ... and bolded one that I completed ...

- - -

1.  My primary goal is to get as many of my Wars of the Roses figures painted as possible.

2.  Get my hobby website up and running so that I can start hosting my own pictures on it, and posting pictures here.

3.  Finish my 6 mounted crossbowmen.

4.  Finish unpacking boxes of miniatures and other hobby related stuff

5.  Play more miniature games than 2020.

6.  Play at least 1 board game solitaire.

Offline Mathi Alfblut

• Members
  • intres cum fixura sine misericordia
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2021, 11:20:00 AM »
Get my human Oathmark army finished.

Play more Kill team
Oh, and remember GW made it personal, not you!

Offline Heinrich von Kampfmann

• Members
  • May Sigmar guide my blade
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2021, 08:42:23 PM »
Painting as many elves as possible, while not burning out my hobby flame.

Hope to have at least 2000 points of Dark elves at the end of the year all painted.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2021, 12:12:52 PM »
Updating ...

1.  My primary goal is to get as many of my Wars of the Roses figures painted as possible ... so far only flesh painted on 120. :icon_eek:

2.  Get my hobby website up and running so that I can start hosting my own pictures on it, and posting pictures here.

3.  Finish my 6 mounted crossbowmen, and base them ... basing materials on order!

4.  Finish unpacking boxes of miniatures and other hobby related stuff

5.  Play more miniature games than 2020 ... so far only one. :icon_eek:

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2021, 02:23:10 AM »
Updating ... not much new, relatively minor ...

1.  My primary goal is to get as many of my Wars of the Roses figures painted as possible ... so far only flesh painted on 132. :icon_eek:

3.  Finish my 6 mounted crossbowmen, and base them ... basing materials on order!

4.  Finish unpacking boxes of miniatures and other hobby related stuff ... in progress.

5.  Play more miniature games than 2020 ... so far two and more to go.

8 months to go, and so I better get a move on with these!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 02:29:37 AM by GamesPoet »

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2021, 11:17:34 AM »
With my magnifier light broken no change to my painting this month.  And still dragging my self around in the abysmal world of procrastinating on my website.  Got my basing materials, and there is much to be basing.  Been making more progress on unpacking hobby stuff, and just finished playing 9 miniature games in the month of May so that adds to my total for the year and likely already past last year's total.  Still have that one board game sitting on my hobby room floor.

1.  My primary goal is to get as many of my Wars of the Roses figures painted as possible ... so far only flesh painted on 132.

3.  Finish my 6 mounted crossbowmen, and base them ... basing materials received!

4.  Finish unpacking boxes of miniatures and other hobby related stuff ... in progress.

5.  Play more miniature games than 2020 ... 9 during the month of May bringing the total to 14 so far.

7 months to go!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2021, 10:47:33 AM by GamesPoet »

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2021, 07:48:18 AM »
My new magnifier light has been received and have returned to some painting this past week.  Currently on a 40mm Amer. Rev. War kick.  Continue to be procrastinating on my website.  And ought ot be dong some basing at some point.  Need to make more progress on unpacking hobby stuff, and organizing hobby stuff.  Although not as many miniature games as May, my tally has increased again.  Received a pair of new board games in the mail, and still have that one board game sitting on my hobby room floor, but will I ever get to playing one is anybodies guess.

1.  My primary goal is to get as many of my Wars of the Roses figures painted as possible ... so far only flesh painted on 132.

3.  Finish my 6 mounted crossbowmen, and base them ... basing materials received!

5.  Play more miniature games than 2020 ... 17 so far which is way above my 2020 total of 5.

Just a little over 6 months to go!

Offline Jmash

• Members
  • Lancashire, UK
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2021, 09:29:22 AM »
To get something painted and to finally start a thread on here to document my hobbyings.

The painty stage is edging closer and closer every week so I'm determined to get there!

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2021, 10:26:43 AM »
What's keeping you from painting?  If you do some, then one of your two goals for the year is complete. :icon_cool:

Offline Jmash

• Members
  • Lancashire, UK
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2021, 02:20:47 PM »
Long story that I will no doubt detail a bit when I start a thread. But to summarise...

Nothing is really stopping me from painting but the way I've approached this project is that everything (and I mean everything) has been progressed at the same time, so instead of build-paint-build-paint it has been a case of build everything, paint everything.

My whole Empire army is now more or less built, certainly the infantry is and at the very least the parts for everything have all been assigned to their respective personnel, some bits blue-tacked in sub assemblies. I've been spending lots of time (it feels like years... and probably is!) meticulously removing mould lines and I'm finally getting through the last of my plastic units which are the greatswords. Last steps are to give everybody heads and accessorise them with bits and bobs, shortswords and powder cases etc. then the whole lot can move into the painting phase. I'll tackle the mould lines and flash on my metal units and characters when I come to paint them because most of them are monopose and don't need assembling other than whacking them on a base.

Hence my desire to get at least something painted this year, it seems small and easily do-able but in my grand scheme it'll mean I've progressed to the next phase and edging nearer to completion.

I have my colours planned out, sometimes even to individual models in the case of some characters and I feel the end getting closer, so at some point in the next few weeks/months I reckon I'll start painting up some test troops to refine my approach ready for the real deal.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2021, 03:52:09 PM »
I've actually ordered stuff for the first time in ages. Wont get it for two, maybe three weeks, but I'll do some time before to prep. Plan out some colours etc.

I've got Dominion coming eventually at some point. The Stormcast will go with my current army, The Boreal Knights, but I want to work out a good, dirty scheme for the orcs. Avatars of War is also having a 40% off sale so I broke down and got some of their dwarf slayers. They'll do double duty as Warhammer Slayers and Age of Sigmar Fyreslayers, so I want to spend some time coming up with both a good color scheme that fits both and have a look at building options to get the most out of them.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2022, 02:32:03 PM »
Closing out 2021 ...

1.  My primary goal is to get as many of my Wars of the Roses figures painted as possible ... so far only flesh painted on 132, and started the completion of 12 handgunners.

2.  Get my hobby website up and running so that I can start hosting my own pictures on it, and posting pictures here. Failed on this one

3.  Finish my 6 mounted crossbowmen, and base them ... basing materials received, but still need to base.

4.  Finish unpacking boxes of miniatures and other hobby related stuff ... still in progress.

5.  Play more miniature games than 2020 ... 26 total, and so way above my 2020 total of 5.

6.  Play at least 1 board game solitaire which didn't happen, but I did get in 1 game of Concordia and 6 games of Azul with family.

Other items that happened ... began getting some 28mm Napoleonic figures painted, of which I have started in on 2 French light cav units, and shipped off 5 French infantry units and 2 French cannon with crews, plus a leader, to a painter in Canada, and while I have also done a good bit of organizing in the hobby room as well.  And there were 6 games of Azul, and 1 game of Concordia, so 7 total board games in 2021.

So a fairly decent year in 2021, especially after getting in 26 miniature games and 7 board games.

On to 2022! :icon_biggrin: :icon_cool: :::cheers:::

Offline Heinrich von Kampfmann

• Members
  • May Sigmar guide my blade
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2022, 09:27:53 PM »
Managed to reach my goal of at least 2000 points Dark elves painted in 1 year. Also a warband for warcry, despite last year being utter chaos with emergency move in 2 weeks because of health issues caused by mold, weeks of anxiety, 4 months of battling exhaustion, my personal economy in ruins, getting back to actually living again and then another 2 weeks of sick leave due to infection, just before the holidays.

Painting minis is a great way to manage stress.  :::cheers:::

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2022, 11:09:58 PM »
Congrats on getting through what sounds like one heck of doozy, and accomplishing all that you did! :::cheers:::

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2022, 02:43:13 AM »
I've nearly finished a regiment of Men-at-arms which are mostly made from non GW minis [i managed to make them 'legal' with enough parts swapping]. After 16 years, the transfer sheet that came with the first box of Men-at-arms i bought is still usable