home

Author Topic: Poll - Brettonian Alliance  (Read 10637 times)

Offline FVC

• Members
Re: Poll on Bretonnian alliance
« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2007, 09:40:59 AM »
Afterwards, we'll show those peasants why they have only a wet Elf to pray to and we have real Gods.  :icon_twisted:

Better a wet elf than a boy with a dwarfen hammer. :-P

Offline Veldemere

• Members
« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2007, 09:42:36 AM »
Any more Deity bashing will lead to lightning bolts for all those involved!
Veldemere, Elector Count of Solland (Elect)
Quote from: wissenlander
  I'm fine with Veldemere and his retinue of disgruntled's

Offline Brynjolf Irontooth

• Members
  • Bourgomeister of Bunddorf (Hochland)
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2007, 09:55:22 AM »
We'll just having a laugh.

I think untill most/all evil has been detroyed within our borders Bretonnia and the Empire just have to join forces. Fighting eachother will only make it worse. Afterwards we still can get a look at our differences, but first things first.

Friendly regards
BI

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2007, 11:42:08 AM »
Veldemere said YES or NO, this wasn't the discussion end.  If you say yes, I counted yes, if you said no, I counted no.  That being said it's now 15-5.
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline CaptScott

• Members
« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2007, 06:28:56 AM »
FVC has agreed to this term to be added to the agreement:

4.3 The proportion of the Imperial peasant population owing allegiance directly to a Bretonnian noble under the dual fief system must not at any time exceed 30% of the total peasant population of the Great Forest

This is great for the Empire!   This would provide ample opportunity for Bretonnian nobles to settle, and will also ensure that the number of Bretonnians nobles/knights settled within the Great Forest will not grow large enough to threaten the security of the Empire sometime in the future.

Could somebody add this to the agreement on the first page please (only if nobody objects).

Oh, by the way with the additional term above my vote has changed to a definite YES!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 07:02:30 AM by CaptScott »
2010 - The year of Empire.
2011 - The year of Empire!

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2007, 11:11:33 AM »
Nifty.
I'm in college!

Offline Papabear

• Members
  • Aut disce aut discede (Either learn or leave)
« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2007, 03:09:28 PM »
As and Ostlander, i really don't care (too fare south)
we see all in Black or White :icon_surprised:

But if my naboring Ostermark is for the treaty, ill throw in my vote as Yes

Papabear
Nam et ipsa scientia potestas es  (Knowledge is power.)

Offline Rocky

• Members
« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2007, 03:44:27 PM »
I'm in for the alliance.
If it's skin is green blow it up!!!!!!

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2007, 04:22:32 PM »
Now it's 18-4.

not together.

Offline Brynjolf Irontooth

• Members
  • Bourgomeister of Bunddorf (Hochland)
« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2007, 04:59:26 PM »
Isn't it 17-5? Your previous post said 15-5? So 15+2 vs 5, not?

FR
BI

Offline HoS

• Members
  • Beyond Beyond Thunderdrome
« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2007, 09:05:57 PM »
I vote for it.

Now it's 18-4.

And the latest clause is completely ridiculous, callous, and I think it is an insult to Bretonnian honour, as well as Imperial might. I am voting yes on the alliance, but I do so with ill feeling towards the truly stereotypically Imperial behavior of CaptScott.

To FVC: I humbly apologize for the behaviour of CaptScott, even though I cannot speak for him. You, and the Round Table as a whole, have been more than fair, and I regret the insult done to you, whether you feel it is an insult or not.
Gave into the WoW.

Offline dWhisper

• Members
« Reply #61 on: June 10, 2007, 02:22:15 AM »
Yay as well (though not like anyone I know plays Brets)
I'm a little girl with pigtails!

Fear the STank!

Offline CaptScott

• Members
« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2007, 04:43:16 AM »
stereotypically Imperial behavior of CaptScott.

Aren't we supposed to act in a stereotypical Imperial fashion here?   :icon_razz:

However, given that they are willing to accept limitations upon the number of Bretonnians that settle in our lands, I will still change my vote to yes if the change is actually implemented or not (yet is seems obvious that the additional term will be in the Empires best interest)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 04:46:07 AM by CaptScott »
2010 - The year of Empire.
2011 - The year of Empire!

Offline FVC

• Members
« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2007, 05:05:08 AM »
To FVC: I humbly apologize for the behaviour of CaptScott, even though I cannot speak for him. You, and the Round Table as a whole, have been more than fair, and I regret the insult done to you, whether you feel it is an insult or not.

No need; I took no offense. How can I blame a person for arguing what they actually believe to be in the best interests of the Empire? I'm just glad a solution could be found.

Was it an insult to Bretonnian honour? Perhaps. But I would be acting in a stereotypically Bretonnian manner if I took umbrage over that. Arrogance and pomposity are two of the worse Bretonnian qualities, and this is no place for them.

Offline HoS

• Members
« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2007, 07:11:22 AM »
Empire's best interest, maybe. But rather unnecessary for a variety of reasons.

And as far as I can tell... Stereotypes aren't good things... and most people on this site are not coming to this campaign with a stereotypically Imperial attitude. Which is why I found it ludicrous.
Gave into the WoW.

Offline Volkbane

• Members
  • Lord of the Anarcho-Syndicalists
« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2007, 09:55:53 AM »
I vote Yay.

I'd rather Humanity watch its own back than rely on the intervention of capricious elder races to do the job.  We've worked together with our neighbors on many occasions, not to mention the great liberation of Estalia.

Also if they start to settle on our frontier they might actually discover lager and coffee and become real men  :biggriin:
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 09:59:31 AM by Volkbane »
Patriarch of the royal Kass family, Athalwolf 'Volkbane' Von Kass, son of the late Volkmar Von Kass, father to Konrad and Ron Von Kass.   Patron of Bretonnian pilgrims, defender of Freisenhaffen.

Offline Siamtiger

• Members
« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2007, 10:12:07 AM »
After a longer conversation with my consultants, i´ve come to the conclusion to ally with the bretonian forces.
Even though the pact is on some points not quite what i´d imagine about perfect, but they are Humans like us, proud men of the empire. No strange Aliens, we can't really count on because we ´re not able to certainly assess them. Bretons are bound to their honour code, so they are unlikely to betray us in comparison to other allies.

Therefore Yay!  :biggriin:

Offline FVC

• Members
« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2007, 10:21:41 AM »
Also if they start to settle on our frontier they might actually discover lager and coffee and become real men  :biggriin:

And who knows, maybe you'll get a taste of some real wine and figure out what honour is, eh?

Also, coffee? Do you even have that? I know in the real world coffee came from Africa, and while the Empire does have dealings with Warhammer-pseudo-Africa, the Southlands, through Arabyan traders and other sources, I can't imagine it being a staple drink. It might be common in Sudenburg, it might even be beginning to filter into the great cities of the Empire, but it's hardly iconic.

Offline Jerok

• Members
  • Captain Campaign
Re: Poll - Brettonian Alliance
« Reply #68 on: June 10, 2007, 09:04:14 PM »
Yay!

Alright, i'm declaring this poll officially CLOSED! By a majority, the Generals who are enrolled in Helstroms 4th are hereby in Alleigance with the Brettonian forces under the contract agreed upon.

If someone could make a pretty version of it i'll post it up as a sticky in the thread i'll make for it soon.

Offline Veldemere

• Members
« Reply #69 on: June 12, 2007, 10:40:13 AM »
Thanks Jerok

I say that is a motion carried in favour. The final result of 23-4 is a conclusive result.

FVC have the round table voted on it (if you need to)?

@brynjolf, Wiss was right with his maths, it was 15-5, then Papabear and Rocky voted yes (17-5), but the post before was CaptScott changing his vote from no to yes (18-4)
Veldemere, Elector Count of Solland (Elect)
Quote from: wissenlander
  I'm fine with Veldemere and his retinue of disgruntled's

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #70 on: June 12, 2007, 11:55:42 AM »
Wooo!  I was right in math for once. :wink:

not together.

Offline Volkbane

• Members
  • Lord of the Anarcho-Syndicalists
« Reply #71 on: June 12, 2007, 03:14:31 PM »
Very well then.  Let's cement this alliance with some marriage treaties.  I'll trade you Bretons some of the Kass Family's St. Pauli girls for some Damsels for my sons. Preferrably ones without The Bear's Anger.
Patriarch of the royal Kass family, Athalwolf 'Volkbane' Von Kass, son of the late Volkmar Von Kass, father to Konrad and Ron Von Kass.   Patron of Bretonnian pilgrims, defender of Freisenhaffen.

Offline Tostig

• Members
« Reply #72 on: June 12, 2007, 03:54:13 PM »
Also, coffee? Do you even have that? I know in the real world coffee came from Africa, and while the Empire does have dealings with Warhammer-pseudo-Africa, the Southlands, through Arabyan traders and other sources, I can't imagine it being a staple drink. It might be common in Sudenburg, it might even be beginning to filter into the great cities of the Empire, but it's hardly iconic.

I know this isn't strictly on topic, but it did remind me of an awesome quote:
Quote from: Frederick the Great - 1777
"It is disgusting to notice the increase in the quantity of coffee used by my subjects, and the amount of money that goes out of the country as a consequence. Everybody is using coffee; this must be prevented. His Majesty was brought up on beer, and so were both his ancestors and officers. Many battles have been fought and won by soldiers nourished on beer, and the King does not believe that coffee-drinking soldiers can be relied upon to endure hardships in case of another war."

Offline HoS

• Members
« Reply #73 on: June 12, 2007, 06:25:55 PM »
Wait, coffee is all anyone drinks these days! Coffee is the true Messiah!

What's that you say? Coffee is NOT all anyone drinks? People drink other things? People drink WHAT?
people drink water? How could people drink water? Let me guess, they also drink other disgusting things! What? GUANO?? They drink bat crap?

*very small voice* No sir, it's guarine, not guano, and it's in energy drinks.... and I think the Mace of Moderation is coming down, you should renounce your claims of coffee being the Messiah...

Never! Coffee is MY god, I don't know about you heathens....

*splat*
Gave into the WoW.

Offline FVC

• Members
« Reply #74 on: June 13, 2007, 01:38:08 AM »
FVC have the round table voted on it (if you need to)?

Public votes aren't our thing, but the Council has approved it. We accept it and are quite ready to make it official.

Quote from: Volkbane
Very well then.  Let's cement this alliance with some marriage treaties.  I'll trade you Bretons some of the Kass Family's St. Pauli girls for some Damsels for my sons. Preferrably ones without The Bear's Anger.

Damsels don't marry, but...
Quote from: Knights of the Grail, p. 39
Many go about with their hair uncovered [a major social taboo], and not a few are notorious for their promiscuity, though no tales of a Grail Damsel giving birth a known.
... if you're really interested, I'm sure we can find you a Damsel willing. Or have I misread your motivations?