home

Author Topic: The Generalbear arrives in Nordland.....  (Read 4440 times)

Offline Generalbear

• Members
The Generalbear arrives in Nordland.....
« on: April 26, 2011, 10:15:14 PM »
Hey all,

After my fairly sucessful thread asking for your input, you my loverly fellow Sigmarrites decided that I should enter the realm of Nordland!

So here we go.......

First up is the master engineer Otto Steinburger

He does have a retinue in the form of the Handgunners ( though they are awaiting paint!) Heres the tester piece

The Swords of Blau strasse are a 20 man swordsmen unit although i am gently pluggin through them<

The also have a banner (my freehand is *****SHOCKINGLY BAD***** and this isnt finsihed the reverse will have words but not sure what they will say yet!)

There we go so far, not bad for a weekends work!!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 01:39:24 PM by Generalbear »

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
Re: The Generalbear arrives in Nordland.....
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 10:20:29 PM »
This is starting to look very good, GBear!!

Maybe some better focussed pictures on the Engineer and you can also enter the Painting Competition this month (if you hurry because it ends this month for the Engineer!!) Entries are made here: LINK
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Generalbear

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 10:31:20 PM »
Also advice on how the bases should look would be amazing

Offline Gunther Von Heldenbrah VI

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 05:13:20 AM »
With their light color a darker base would look good. There's a post further down with an Averland army that looks awesome with the darker bases. I think Charadon Granite, and a light drybrush of Deneb stone would be a good start. If you decide to add any slate rocks (which add a bit of character) add an extra drybrush of skull white. Also, If you add those tufts of grass from Army painter and a few skulls (here and ther on a few bases only) your army would eally jump out on the table. Just my two cents  :smile2:

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 06:21:00 AM »
I use a very simple method to use on my bases (altdorf themed army btw)

First the bases are (just as my figures) spray coated with Chaos Black.
Then completly done with Bestial Brown
PVA glue on the top and add sand (I have a pot of rough play sand)
Then another coat of Bestial Brown
Codex grey on the larger grains to resemble little rocks, highlighted with Fortress Grey
Smaller but still out standing grains I then highlight with Snakebite Leather
PVA glue on a few spots and then add some static grass

and done :)

Hmm it goes alot faster then it feels summed up.. (besides waiting on the PVA glue to dry)
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Generalbear

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2011, 05:01:52 PM »
Sigmars blessings are my models that bad that no one seems fit to reply?

Offline crazywolf

• Members
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2011, 05:13:38 PM »
 :eusa_clap:
great models!
they give me inspiration for my nordland army!  :eusa_clap:

Offline Delthos

• Members
  • Evil Polish Guy
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2011, 06:41:02 PM »
Sigmars blessings are my models that bad that no one seems fit to reply?

Not at all, it's just that not all threads get lots of responses. Sometimes you'll get almost no responses, then next time you post you'll get a rash of twenty responses. It's nothing to worry about. Your work is very good. It's not Golden Daemon award winning work, but it is by no means bad work at all. You sell your self short when you say your freehand on the banner is shockingly bad.

I have some suggestions, get the basing done on them, it will improve their look as right now the unfinished bases don't look good. Also on that standard, I'd do something with those tassles around the edges of the banner. Right now they look too much like a banner with molded on tassles. You need to do something to make them look like they are tied on to it. I thinks it's because the color is so consistent with the banner. Maybe a little watered down Badab Black wash around where the tassles touch the banner, followed by a little Asumrman blue wash to the same spots. Maybe even paint them a different color or give them a little bit of highlighting to make them look like they are actually tied on.
Ostermark Photo Gallery
Ostermark Painting Log
"Kill 'em all and let Morr sort 'em out!" (General Ghent, Battle of Dumsky's Fallow)