home

Author Topic: The Tale Of Imperial Painters -SIGN UP NOW-  (Read 44063 times)

Offline MrAnderssen

• Members
  • Stirland River Patroler
The Tale Of Imperial Painters -SIGN UP NOW-
« on: July 01, 2007, 12:13:25 AM »
THIS HAS BEEN EDITED

Link to Fortnight 2 http://www.warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=17834.0

The date for the first deadline is the 12th of August however it is subject to change. The lenght is not yet decided.

Ok now that we have the basic idea, I have scrapped the old topic start to give a discription of the "TALE OF ? EMPERIAL PAINTERS" and the list of dedicated painters.

Dedicated Painters:
Mr.Anderssen (nick thompson) - Stirland River Patrol - 5
CHS Leprechaun (Kevin Mitchel) - Arch Lector Julianos II and his Guard - SML
Mattias Knuttson -The Sylvanian Guard -SML
Daniel Brunger - Mootland Militia - SML
Praet Stefaan - Expeditionary Mercenary Force to Sylvania - SML
Vazaal Tonny - Army of Averland - SML
ShadowLord (Patrick Nilsson) -Baron Von Reisig's Finest - SML
Brian Lee - Sigmar's Grand Army Of Stirlanders - 6
Tom ThaBear00 -Tilean Crusader(Sth Tilean City States) - SML
Marcel Rozsa - Homeguard of Sylvania - SML
Preceptor - Standing Army Of Skjadberg - SML
McKnight - The Talabheim garrison - SML
Stuart Milne - The Army of Victor Hession, Prince of Stirland - sml
alex lindblom - middenheim 12th - sml
Pieter van Diemen - Ostermark's Finest - sml?
Xlam - Victor von Waldheim's Mourners
hochland hero - hochland 12th - SML
Chris Telford - The Army of Sylvania - 5, once I get going can get that upto 10.
Mikko Nevalainen - The Great Army of Dietrich von Pompöös - SML
On-Off painters:

Here is the go.

A group of empire players have formed the idea of starting a motivational painting program due to the enormous success in other sites. Anyone can sign up by replying to this thread with these things.

1.Name
2.Army name
3.Model limit

you should also state whether you think you will be a dedicate participant or someone who will post there entries every few fortnights.

By signing up you will be part of the number of members who post a number of models in a specific thread at the end of each fortnight. There is no skill level required. And it is not neccassary for you to reach the deadline each fortnight. It is merely for the benefit of yourself and others watching.

here are some rules that are due to change coming up to the start of the event.

1. You should either paint a set number of models each fortnight on the thread that shall appear the day before labelled
" Tale of Emperial painters week? "
2. This number of models can either be set by yourself at the start of the program or the Standard Model Limit set by the organisers.
3. The SML (Standard Model Limit) is 10 models. However cavalry and larger type models (eg. knights) count as 2 towards the SML. Ogres count as three.Characters, War-machines count as 5 towards the SML. Giants and steam tanks and any other appropriate miniatures (Permitted by the organisers) can count as the whole 10 points.
4. Models entered eahc month need to have at least a basecoat and 3 colours, therby dissallowing cheating.(Though the only person you are cheating is yourself).
5. There is to be NO rude comments on the skill of other painter's as I they can get effended and discouraged. The only pay-outs aloud are those conserning Midaski's old age. :-D Keep in mind he is a mod. And mods have can punish.
6.If you wish to be in the group of people who achieve their goal of completing the task each fortnight and getting on the List Of Fame. The deadline is on every second sunday at 12:30 pm on the clock at the top of the site (I'm not sure if it is BST or not as I am Aussie) However entried are open a complete day before and after to suit those in foriegn countries who find it easier.

These are more of guidlines than rules, it is a fairly layed-back program.
Any other rules that you think neccessary should be posted in this thread.

Mr.Anderssen

« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 11:15:07 PM by MrAnderssen »

Offline thabear00

• Members
Re: Tale of x Emperial painters Idea
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007, 01:23:47 PM »
Mr Anderson
I would be interested in your challenge , although i have already purchased my figures and am just now starting to paint a Tilean themed force . I am very keen to finish this fantasy project quickly as i have put several other historical wargames projects on the back burner until this army if finished .

Let me know if i can help , I'll watch this space .
cheers tom 
" Steel is not important , flesh is stronger , what is steel compared to the hand that weilds it ? " Thulsa Doom

Offline Vazaal

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2007, 05:11:29 PM »
Count me in, I haven't paint or assemble a single empire figure, but I have around 3000pts of 7th edition empire. So it's time to start :-)

Offline LochNESS

• Members
  • Averland - That's where I am
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2007, 06:09:35 PM »
Yeah, having recently bought some new models as a final completion of my Hochland army (although that one is currently on short hold as I'm sick of painting red/green) and continue again with my Nuln army (that is my first Empire army) I could pick up Nordland though, and has some cool options with Highway Wardens and Marines.
Design stays, however, according to my opinion, at least partially something miraculous. -J. Bakema (Architect)

Count of Averland - Check out my boardgame, wargame and hobby blog here!

Offline Mattias Knutsson

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2007, 09:42:31 PM »
sounds like a great idea..   you said with models we allready have right?

I've got a bunch of models and I'm thinking about a Stirland/Sylvania army (you might have seen the thread in the Parade Ground, if not check it out and give me some pointers..)

just say when..

Offline Radar Knight

• Members
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2007, 09:46:36 PM »
Well, I'm already started on a 1k Province army. If you want me to join in even though I'm already started, I'd like to!
The Chain of Command sucks. Everyone below me is an idiot and everyone above has their head up their ass.

Fourth But First!

Middenland City Guard : Griefstadt (In Progress)

Offline MrAnderssen

• Members
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2007, 10:17:23 PM »
I think we should start after NC. What we could do would be post a certain amount oof oints at the end of every fortnight/month. It would be alot easier with models we already have. so start thinking about it and we will discuss details when I get back from holidays in a week.

Mr.Anderssen

Offline thabear00

• Members
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2007, 04:06:54 AM »
please forgive my ignorance , but what is NC ?

i'll be offline for a few days but i'd be interested to see this "project " get off the ground so i'll report back in when my computer returns .

Hopefully by the end of it there will be "puff and slash" and feathers everywhere , as far as the eye can see .

cheers tom

" Steel is not important , flesh is stronger , what is steel compared to the hand that weilds it ? " Thulsa Doom

Offline Soju

• Members
  • personal text goes here
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2007, 04:37:38 AM »
Nemesis Campaign

sj

Offline Marshal Lucius von Morr

• Members
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2007, 05:42:28 AM »
I would be up for this, as it would get me off my butt to actually paint my empire army.

If this is acceptable i will be painting the Raven sons of Haigerbach.( Wissenland)
This incoherent ramble has been the product of Pete's delusional mind, and in no way represents the views or opinions of the rest of Pete's body.

Roll of  Dis-Honour for the 27th.
2-2-10

Offline Mattias Knutsson

• Members
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2007, 07:05:59 AM »
sounds solid..
a bunch of points, in the end of every month..

how long will the NC campain last?
and how many points would be a fair goal each month?

Offline jullevi

• Members
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2007, 05:28:23 PM »
Tale of X gamers is a good idea, but I don't know how many of us are going to start an empire army from another province. I'm looking forward to paint several hundred points worth of empire, but these are reinforcements for my current army - units that I have never painted previously (flagellants, walter, greatswords, helstorm etc).
Knowledge is power, hide it well.

Offline Qrab

• Members
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2007, 01:41:10 AM »
Sounds interesting to me.

Offline Brunger

• Members
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2007, 08:22:35 PM »
If this is the place and time to sign up, I'll take up the banner of Mootland (i.e. the moot). Ive started plenty of conversions on my halfling army but need some motivation like this to get plenty of painting done.

Hopefully this works out.. sounds like a great idea

Offline thatdave

• Members
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2007, 09:36:08 PM »
I would be interested as well.  I won an Empire army box when it was released, then picked up some WPs, Wizards, a metal Volley Gun (before the rumors of the plastics floated out), a Detachment box, a Bret. PegKnight to convert to a Captasus, a Stank, a new Support Battalion, on and on  :blush:  And some Greatswords.

When I decided I needed some Greatswords I started checking my various acquisition avenues.  On Wednesday I had no GSs.  I worked a trade on Bartertown for a box and a friend from within my gaming club sent me a box (for free!) and on Friday I bought one from the LGS for a great deal.  So on Wed. I had none, and by Sat. I had 30. :happy:

So, where I am going with this is:  I have yet to assemble a single mini out of this sizable force.  This could be the catalyst I need to get this done.  Count me in!

Offline thabear00

• Members
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2007, 11:30:40 PM »
I'm back , although only temporarily .

How about we just agree to complete  whole units rather than adhere to a points value . this might be allot easier for most of us as we are still in the midst of completeing current armies rather than starting a new one.
i for one cant afford to start a new Empire army although i am very keen to complete the army i have just started .

Anyway , ill check back in a couple of days .

cheers tom   :mrgreen:

Offline MrAnderssen

• Members
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2007, 08:34:21 AM »
I'm now back from my short holiday. Here are some things we should decide on:

1. I think instead of painting up x ppoints of a New province, we could make it a "re-inforcement" paint up. As there have been some new empire models released I think many players will be buying and paitning at this point in time. So it could be a fun way to add more points to your existing force.

2. How much is a decent amount of points for fortnight/month. I can usually paint 100 or 200 ponits per fortnight.

3. Should we do oit in fortnights or months. I would prefer fornights, what do others think?

4. Should we have a judjing system at the end of it all? who has been most successful in their reinforcing?

5. The duration of the comp. 2 months? 3?

Mr.Anderssen

Offline Mattias Knutsson

• Members
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2007, 01:34:41 PM »
I like the idea to paint units instead of points.. as long as it's within reasonable limits.. if you're going to field a 60 men unit you could paint it in 2 "peaces" f.ex

how about 2 weeks between the exhibitions?

Offline Shadowlord

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2007, 06:47:30 PM »
1) I agree

2) Why not make it between 100-200 pts (if you paint more, just stack it until next fortnight)

3) I agree with fortnights but can do either

4) Judging will not be a factor, seeing more than yourself paint is sufficient (I was a part of the same over at TWF)

3) 3 months at least but I would think 6 is more appropriate
My hood is my castle...

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2007, 07:11:54 PM »
Sounds like a good idea, even though I won't be taking part in it.  The Nemesis Crown Campaign is going on until mid August I believe.  If you have enough people to go with this then you can, but there is also a conversion contest at the moment.  A lot of people on the site though, so you could still do this too.
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline machine-child

• Members
  • The Honorary Asian
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2007, 08:14:27 PM »
Count me in, although Matthias Knuttson is already doing a sylvania/stirland army  :-(

@Matthias, are you hungarian by any chance...
The 5 halberdier detachment is there for 2 reasons.  Fanatic bait, and I had no where else to spend the points.

Offline CHS Leprechaun

• Members
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2007, 08:24:29 PM »
I need to get my stuff painted before i leave home, and this is probably the best kick in the butt to get started...so count me in.

Offline MrAnderssen

• Members
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2007, 09:56:54 PM »
When does the conversion contest end? I think we should start after it.

Mr.Anderssen

Offline machine-child

• Members
  • The Honorary Asian
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2007, 08:37:02 AM »
i vote starting after the NC, otherwise it will become too cramped and we might not get 1st place again :)
The 5 halberdier detachment is there for 2 reasons.  Fanatic bait, and I had no where else to spend the points.

Offline Brunger

• Members
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2007, 07:25:32 PM »
It would definitely be the best idea to start once all the other business is finished up so we can focus on the painting.

As for painting I'm thinking it would be best to have a certain number of models that need to be finished for each "session". with standard foot infantry counting as 1 model, cavalry bases counting as 2 models. While  characters and big things, like steam tanks or griffons count as 5 (so you have more time to focus on paint jobs)

At the end of the topic we could have everyone vote on their first, second and third favorite painters. Then figure out who everyone liked the best and then maybe the winner could get a special tag added to their name for posting... or just bask in the glory being showered over them by the other forum members :happy:

When does the Nemesis crown campaign end anyways?