home

Author Topic: Other Manufacturers  (Read 680908 times)

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
Re: Other Manufacturers
« Reply #2425 on: August 04, 2014, 06:43:57 PM »
It's really nice to see a manufacturer actually take the time to be positive on a forum that isn't there own.

Curse you and your ability to stay within the lines.

Offline Realjuan

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Always learning
« Reply #2426 on: August 04, 2014, 07:32:53 PM »
I would be happy to post in a manufacturer forum if that what takes to be heard.

+1 if inside my budge I will take a box for your trouble of posting here.
Trading Orcs for Empire
"Gratitude is a duty which ought to be paid, but which none have a right to expect" Jean Jacque Rousseau

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
« Reply #2427 on: August 04, 2014, 10:01:19 PM »

@Silver Wolf: I can't give any detail about the price (but in the region between 16€ - 20€). But I can tell you something about the content of the box :)
It will include 24 miniatures. 2 x 10-men frame plus 2 x 2-men command frame. In the rank and file frame you will have options to 20 - 30 different heads, including soem spare hats and feathers. There will be arm pairs for front and second rank pikes. if all goes well (this means, that there is enough spare room n the frame!) there will be options for all soldiers on swords and bucklers, spears and maybe some single great swords for first ranks.
The command frame will include one full Maximilian Style armour and one half-armour. Options beside standard bearers and different instruments for musicians will be given as well as options on maces, warhammers, axes, swords and great swords. Also some single arms for command poses and pointing etc.

That sounds fantastic!

I assume most miniatures won't have much armour. I'm just throwing in an idea here: selling (upgrade-) packs of armoured torsos (or even some legs with the appropriate armour) could potentially sell quite nice as well. Alternatively, also offering the command sprues for seperate purchase, like the Perry twins do, would be nice. Just something to consider.

And a question: Is there any news on the Gendarms? (Good decision to make new and bigger horses by the way)

Wünsche euch viel Erfolg mit eurer Kampagne! Ich freue mich schon drauf.  :happy:

Offline Commander Bernhardt

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
  • Geweldig!
« Reply #2428 on: August 05, 2014, 09:40:41 AM »
damnit damnit damnit!
I don't need more landsknechts (still haven't finished all the perry's men at arms) but these are simply to good to resist!  I must buy these! please wait untill I have found employment before you release these :)
President Merkin Muffley: Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.

Offline Pro Gloria Miniatures

• Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Gloria-Miniatures/295957277188332
« Reply #2429 on: August 05, 2014, 06:30:13 PM »
Thanks again for the comments!  :biggriin:

I assume most miniatures won't have much armour. I'm just throwing in an idea here: selling (upgrade-) packs of armoured torsos (or even some legs with the appropriate armour) could potentially sell quite nice as well. Alternatively, also offering the command sprues for seperate purchase, like the Perry twins do, would be nice. Just something to consider.

And a question: Is there any news on the Gendarms? (Good decision to make new and bigger horses by the way)

The ratio on the main frame will be: 5 unarmoured, 4 with front plate torso armour and 1 with a vest (4th Landsknecht already featured). I will have the 2 men command frame available seperately for sure because I just like the idea of it :)
The next sets will be plastic Doppelsöldner (Empire greatswords *cough*) including options for greatswords, halberds etc. After there will be skirmisher or line shooting infantry with options on arkebuse, crossbows and maybe bows. Short after some plastic commanders if all goes well and the Kickstarter/indiegogo campaign will be successfull.

The gendarms are again kicked off the screen  :dry: I had three sculptors for the riders and all jumped off or did not please me so that  I would release the miniatures. I think they will quite take their time and maybe the plastic ones will be released earlier  :biggriin:

I don't need more landsknechts (still haven't finished all the perry's men at arms) but these are simply to good to resist!  I must buy these! please wait untill I have found employment before you release these :)

Oh, you can never have enough of these rogues!  :happy:

Stephan

Offline Akbar

• Members
« Reply #2430 on: August 05, 2014, 06:35:11 PM »
You mentioned that they will be 28mm Heroic. Does this mean that they will be slightly larger than your previous stuff? I already own Emperor Maximilian and have been tempted to buy the metal landsknechts; would be sad if they don't mix well with the plastics.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #2431 on: August 05, 2014, 06:37:23 PM »
Stefan
Fabulous figures and you can see the GW legacy from the sculptor inthe head of the leftmost figure in the group shot. Straight out of the Edition 6 plastic Soldiers of the Empire box.

For those of us with 'modest' existing collections, will you be able to show how these figures will stand alongside other existing manufacturers.
I am thinking of course about the ones I have like Artizan and Foundry.

We have a miniatures comparison thread stickied at the top of the Brush and Pallette board, and there are some useful photos in there.
http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=6724.0
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 06:41:12 PM by Midaski »
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

• Members
« Reply #2432 on: August 05, 2014, 06:45:52 PM »
@Akbar: Michael took the exact scales of our metal miniatures and after the 3-UPs are made smaller again in the steel moulds for the plastic spinning they will exactly fit with our metal miniatures. No mm more or less  :smile2:

@Midaski: I think there are already some on the net. I sold most of my Foundry and Artizan Landsknechts so can't give you any pictures but with Foundry they do mix 1:1 while Artizan is just a bit more bulkier.

(2nd guy from the left is Foundry not PGM)

Stephan

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
« Reply #2433 on: August 05, 2014, 08:17:45 PM »

The gendarms are again kicked off the screen  :dry: I had three sculptors for the riders and all jumped off or did not please me so that  I would release the miniatures. I think they will quite take their time and maybe the plastic ones will be released earlier  :biggriin:

What a shame. But I fully agree with your decision - make it right or leave it be. You should ask the Perry twins if they are interested in sculpting some gendarms for you. I heard they are quite good and have done some before.  :engel:

Offline White Knight

• Members
« Reply #2434 on: August 06, 2014, 09:11:18 AM »
One of my favourite size comparisons for Pro Gloria and Foundry is this one. Gorgeous brushwork. :Ohmy:

Left to right: Pro Gloria - Foundry - Pro Gloria - Foundry

More eyecandy on his blog:
http://xulutec.blogspot.be/search/label/Landsknechte

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #2435 on: August 06, 2014, 11:58:21 AM »
I am guessing then that the plastic figures will be a match to their metals - as that seems to be what everyone is showing me.  :engel:

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline White Knight

• Members
« Reply #2436 on: August 06, 2014, 02:28:29 PM »
I am guessing then that the plastic figures will be a match to their metals - as that seems to be what everyone is showing me.  :engel:

Or you could like, you know, read Stephan's answer on that...   :engel:

Michael took the exact scales of our metal miniatures and after the 3-UPs are made smaller again in the steel moulds for the plastic spinning they will exactly fit with our metal miniatures. No mm more or less  :smile2:

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #2437 on: August 06, 2014, 03:52:55 PM »
Read - you want me to read  :icon_rolleyes:

At my age I have enough trouble breathing ............  :engel:

• Members
« Reply #2438 on: August 06, 2014, 06:36:21 PM »
One exclusive WIP shot for you! Number 5th will be finished tomorrow and number six should be finished this week!

Stephan

Offline Silver Wolf

• Members
  • I see lead people.
« Reply #2439 on: August 06, 2014, 10:06:09 PM »
Very nice, as usual.
These will mix really well with the rest of the models on the market.

So you said that your goal is 10 3-up figures before the kickstarter?  :happy:
"Watch the skies, traveler."
Check out my wargaming blog - The Forge of War

• Members
« Reply #2440 on: August 07, 2014, 06:39:52 AM »
@Silver Wolf: The Plastic box will be finished until the KS :) Around 35 working days till the box is finished.  :mellow: Ten regular rank & file 3 UPs plus 2 command frame 3 UPs.

Stephan

Offline thorimm

• Members
« Reply #2441 on: August 07, 2014, 11:32:29 AM »
That is a lovely beard. Will there also be faces without beards or with just moustaches?

• Members
« Reply #2442 on: August 07, 2014, 11:48:57 AM »
Most of them are going to have beards  and moustaches but some (3 - 5ish) will have no beard to represent young soldiers :)

Stephan

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
« Reply #2443 on: August 08, 2014, 07:22:22 PM »
Lovely!  :::cheers:::

In other news: The Perry Man at Arms are up for Pre-Order https://www.perry-miniatures.com/product_info.php?products_id=3148&osCsid=schq363j4ir2oulj4hffsebea7

Offline Timbor

• Members
« Reply #2444 on: August 10, 2014, 07:44:04 PM »
The Hasslefree Female Greatsword is available to buy as a resin master:

http://www.hfminis.co.uk/shop?product=resin-master-%252d-maika-von-ostwald~hfmaster-h094&category=miniatures~*resin-masters*

Maika von Ostwald

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. - J.H.

Paint Log: link  Blog: My Life in Millimetres

Offline Timbor

• Members
« Reply #2445 on: August 11, 2014, 10:21:11 PM »
From the Pro Gloria FB page:

Number six is almost finished! This time with some big sleeves as they were common since the 1515 - 1550. The head on the right is a bit of a special one: he is wearing a hairnet! You can see these on many Dürer pictures and other contemporary paintings. I hope you like!

Nice, so 4 more poses to sculpt and then finish off the bits, send it to tooling.  Great progress!
If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. - J.H.

Paint Log: link  Blog: My Life in Millimetres

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #2446 on: August 11, 2014, 10:31:02 PM »
Awe inspiring.... :eusa_clap:

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
« Reply #2447 on: August 12, 2014, 12:23:34 AM »
A hairnet?  Haven't seen that before ... might make a good wizard head though.

• Members
« Reply #2448 on: August 12, 2014, 07:19:39 AM »
Thanks for the comments!

@Victor: you are right. A hairnet is really special and uncommon. It wasn't mostly worn during battles but during camplife or guard duty or while the civilian life for those with too long hair. You can see it on many Dürer pictures and other paintings, too :)

Stephan

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
« Reply #2449 on: August 12, 2014, 01:48:50 PM »
I have actually seen that painting before, but never noticed that.