home

Author Topic: Comp of choice  (Read 1050 times)

Offline Jobume

• Members
Comp of choice
« on: March 30, 2016, 09:32:26 PM »
Hey guys! Just wanted to check what comp-systems people are using for AoS. I find that the game is nearly unplayable out of the box, but playing it with Clash comp or SCGT makes for a brilliant and fun game. What comp-systems are you using?

Cheers,

Job

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
  • warhammer> All other works of mankind
Re: Comp of choice
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 06:44:14 AM »
I do enjoy playing with scenarios but I'd say I favor the Azyr system, myself.

They're very responsive to new warscroll releases and do very dedicated playtesting to find a good point match.
"No battle is ever meaningless for all life is merely death post-poned"
-elector count of the Empire.

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 07:27:07 AM »
I'm quite happy without a proper comp system.  I tend to only play battleplans, and include the Time of War stuff.  we usually randomly roll for scenario, so we can't plan for one.   The nearest thing we have to a comp system is a wound count.     

If I were to use anything, it would be the underdog and Laurels of Victory system they are using for Warhammer World events

Offline Jobume

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2016, 11:29:20 PM »
So interesting to hear all the different ways people are approaching this game. The hardcore tournament gamer in me has a hard time understanding how to get enjoyment out of the game without a proper points system, but it is obviously working for a lot of people and that is great. As long as you are having fun, you are doing it right!