home

Author Topic: Clarity needed  (Read 1014 times)

Offline nosramuk

• Members
Clarity needed
« on: June 06, 2007, 03:31:08 AM »
Guys, I have spend over an hour trawling through this message board and i still dont really have a clue what is going on. So, im just gonna ask a few to questions to try and clarify things.

1. Where can i find the nemesis crown map. Jerok posted half of it, but i would like to see the whole thing.

2.Do the races start in fixed positions on the map.

3. Where are the empire and the other races going to be located on the map? (If the races are in fixed positions.)

4. How will the campaign be run? Will it be like the strom of chaos where there is a moving front, along which battles will be fought? Or do people just post a battle win at any location on the map they feel like?

5. Do any of the areas have any known strategic relevance at this time? Or is all the planning basically fluff atm? By this i mean, if empire have lots of wins in a certain place, does this give them a bonus to thier other battles fought in other places.

6. If 5 is true does any one know what the benefits of capturing a location on the map are?

Thanks in advance folks. I did have a stab at reading the GW website but i couldnt find what i was looking for, if any1 else has been more succesful in this endevour plz post the link so i can go read.

Offline Tostig

• Members
Re: Clarity needed
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 07:38:36 AM »
1. Here (.pdf)

2. Nope. Generals are assigned regions on the map based on where they are in the real world, and then when you report a battle you decide where it was within that region (with a few exceptions I believe, such as official tourneys, but that's just based on something I only skim read). So example if I played a battle against my Ogre friend, we could put in the battle report that it was at the Giants Tump.

3. See above.

4. "Or do people just post a battle win at any location on the map they feel like?" The latter I believe - it'll be more like Medusa V than Storm of Chaos. The second post here is rather good at explaining things.

5. In all honesty I don't know. Some battles may have a knock on effect in game mechanics, but I find it unlikely. Then again no-one really knows. However I do think that a cohesive lot of fluff submissions make it more likely that elements of "the plan" get mentioned in White Dwarf.

6. If there are any, which I don't know, I most likely wouldn't be able to say, however, since I don't, I am able to say that I don't know. That unambiguous enough? ;)

Offline nosramuk

• Members
Re: Clarity needed
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007, 09:14:03 PM »
That unambiguous enough?

Chuckle, sure is dude  :-)

Chuckles aside, Thankyou very much for the infomation Tostig. Its highly appreicated.Time to put on my thinking cap and get planning