home

Author Topic: Question about ranking on the NC website  (Read 5055 times)

Offline sgtshamrock

• Members
Question about ranking on the NC website
« on: July 07, 2007, 10:29:58 AM »
I was wondering if anyone could explain the rankings on the leaderboards for the Nemesis Crown website. Right next to some peoples rank number there is a "!" and next to others there isn't one. When you move your mouse over the rank numbers with the Exclamation Point a little bubble pops up saying "true" and when you move the mouse over the ranks without the "!" a bubble pops up and says "false". I was just curious as to what this meant because I have a false on my name and i couldn't find an explanation anywhere. Thanks.

Offline Goomb

• Members
Re: Question about ranking on the NC website
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2007, 07:09:39 PM »
I believe that you might have a disputed battle report somewhere buried in your record.  You should make sure your opponents have filled out their reports and they match up.

Good luck!

Goomb

Offline sgtshamrock

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2007, 07:48:34 PM »
At first I thought that too, but I only have six battles logged, five of which are against my son, and all are confirmed with no disputes. I just double checked again and this dosen't seem to be the case. Thanks a lot for the feedback though!

Offline Jerok

• Members
  • Captain Campaign
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2007, 03:02:39 AM »
I was wondering the exact same thing actually. I personally have a True, and wanted to know what it meant. Am I a 'true' player? 'True'ly great?

Another little thing here about the Awards if anyone has the knowledge, as I don't, THe Shield of the Wrath of Sigmar was supposed to be given to anyone who participated in their 1st national event, but only the Talabec Border players have it so far. Anyone know why this is?

Offline Father Gabe

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2007, 06:07:53 AM »
You know, I have the "true" next to my name as well, any ideas people? 
Father Gabriel
Mordhiem Host, Helstrom's 4th
Bearer of the Crimson Ribbon,  The Eagle of Martin Stirland, Rainer's Mantle of Iron, Bleucher's Exalted Commendation, Keeper of the Scroll of Ludendorf

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2007, 10:38:31 AM »
From what I understand, the '!' is to mark accounts that are under observation for posting suspicious battle reps. If it's not rectified, the account is deleted. I know of at least one in the US region that has been deleted...his record was 24-0-0, all of his battles were massacres, and all had the army and general names the same, i.e. andy-andy, brad-brad, etc. Lol.  :roll:
On the quest to get my painting in the red this year...follow the madness here: Blog!

Offline Father Gabe

• Members
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2007, 07:57:30 PM »
Well now that kinda hurts.  Just cause I win a bunch of games against new people...ah whatever.
Father Gabriel
Bearer of the Crimson Ribbon,  The Eagle of Martin Stirland, Rainer's Mantle of Iron, Bleucher's Exalted Commendation, Keeper of the Scroll of Ludendorf

Offline MrAnderssen

• Members
  • Stirland River Patroler
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2007, 11:00:43 PM »
Another little thing here about the Awards if anyone has the knowledge, as I don't, THe Shield of the Wrath of Sigmar was supposed to be given to anyone who participated in their 1st national event, but only the Talabec Border players have it so far. Anyone know why this is?

I am in Australia and I got mine. You have to go to the events and then go to the previous week's events and down the bottom you can clam it.

Mr.Anderssen

Offline Father Gabe

• Members
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2007, 04:10:18 PM »
Well apparently the "!" is a way to report supicous activity.  Myself and several members of my gaming club have been kicked of the NC crown boards.  We have, or in the process of, petitioning the techpriest for reinstatement.  Im thinking what happened is that all games were reported through one computer, mine.  Since my home has our 2 gaming tables and this is where we play about every other day since it started (most of us on vacation).  Well, regardless I imagine I will have to start over again, has this happened to anyone else? 

A few of my guys arent even going to bother trying to fix it, if this is what its going to happen, my wife is frickin mad.
Father Gabriel

Offline fearlessgod

• Members
  • proud Knight of The Reiksguard
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2007, 04:40:08 PM »
I'm sorry to hear about your troubles Father Gabe. Maybe GW will do the right thing and reinstate you, so you can get back in the fight.

I understand what they (GW) are trying to do, but it's unrealistic to think that everybody reports their battles on different computors. I could see if your 100-0 with 100 massacares, but not with so few games posted. Like I said, I hope GW does the right thing Father Gabe.

~fearlessgod~
"Three things that make the Empire great - faith, steel and gunpowder!"

Magnus the Pious

Offline crouching lictor

• Members
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2007, 06:29:18 PM »
 Looks like GW just did another purge and, interestingly, the Eagles of Polsk have been removed from the leader board.

Offline Jerok

• Members
  • Captain Campaign
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2007, 08:38:24 PM »
Very interesting indeed.

I paniced when I saw you mention the purge, and quickly went and checked my account, and am in the prosess of checking my firends through the leaderboards. Due to my large amount of early wins in the campaign I figured I might be questionable, but I guess having big reports for each game helped as i'm still fine. :happy:

Offline Goomb

• Members
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2007, 09:12:26 PM »
Well apparently the "!" is a way to report supicous activity.  Myself and several members of my gaming club have been kicked of the NC crown boards.  We have, or in the process of, petitioning the techpriest for reinstatement.  Im thinking what happened is that all games were reported through one computer, mine.  Since my home has our 2 gaming tables and this is where we play about every other day since it started (most of us on vacation).  Well, regardless I imagine I will have to start over again, has this happened to anyone else? 

A few of my guys arent even going to bother trying to fix it, if this is what its going to happen, my wife is frickin mad.

Uh-oh, I better check my status since I do play my neighbor and kids.  The games are logged on my computer at home too.  I am sorry to hear that, Father Gabe.  You were doing some real tail kicking on the leaderboards too.  It doesn't seem quite right to me that they would simply delete a leading player without some kind of recourse or petition process. 

Good luck getting it repaired.  I hope to meet you and your flagellants on the fluff battlefield sometime soon!

Goomb

EDIT: One of our better Talabecland Players got eliminated as well (Warboss Tuzhug da Butcha).  He was listed as one of the Units if Distinction last week, so I am not sure what is going on.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 09:25:28 PM by Goomb »

Offline sgtshamrock

• Members
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2007, 09:40:57 PM »
Thanks for the posts on this topics everyone, I contacted the Nemesis Crown Customer Service and asked them the same exact thing I posted here when I started this thread and today I got a reply, it was from some gentleman named Dave, the US Nemesis Crown Coordinator, and he said that he currently has this question as to what is going on with the Global Team. The only other thing he said was that hopefully he'll have an answer soon and to keep having fun playing in the meantime. I really hope to get a straight answer soon, if not just for curiosities sake.

P.S. Sorry Father Gabe, I hope you get straightened out soon.

Offline Father Gabe

• Members
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2007, 10:07:28 PM »
Well thanks all, I still havent heard back from GW yet.  However, most of my club are attempting to redo their accounts, since our accounts will be wiped of all records regardless, so it doesnt matter if we start fresh or not.  Well Sgtshamrock keep us posted on what you hear.
Father Gabriel

Offline sgtshamrock

• Members
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2007, 10:37:40 PM »
I will. :ph34r:
And you do the same Father Gabe, I'd like to know how it turns out for you and your game group.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 10:39:57 PM by sgtshamrock »

Offline crouching lictor

• Members
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2007, 12:55:20 AM »
 I was flagged for two days but got cleared thankfully. I was worried for a bit as well since almost everyone in my group registered at my house because that's where our group meets.

Offline Veldemere

• Members
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2007, 07:38:12 AM »
This seems to be a draconian and high handed method GW have adopted. Whilst none of us want to see cheats prospering not everyone has a PC/Mac and will post on other peoples IPs, if we lose every one of these it will really cut down the number of participants, I would suggest that GW concentrate on investigating the top and bottom 20 accounts in each region. This would be easily possible checking 40 accounts per day for each region.

The reason I sya bottom 40 as well is to check that no one is using feeder accounts, they would then be able to send out automated forms for people to explain clashing IP addresses.

Ok so it is not perfect but nothing is.
Veldemere, Elector Count of Solland (Elect)
Quote from: wissenlander
  I'm fine with Veldemere and his retinue of disgruntled's

Offline WarbossKurgan

• Members
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2007, 11:28:12 AM »
From Warseer:

Quote from: GW Solitaire
Entire groups of LEGIT players having their accounts canceled for cheating, simply because they played at someone's house and used their computer to report the battles out of convenience.

Families who play together having their accounts canceled as being cheaters because they all reported from the family computer.

Entire gaming clubs having accounts canceled because they reported from a computer at the club or laptop someone brought in.
In fact, no, they aren't.

We run a whole array of checks against accounts. Each check you fail earns you a single point. You currently have to fail six checks to even be flagged, and only about 1 in 4 flagged accounts are ever banned.

Multiple accounts posting reports against each other from a single IP address is only one check. It takes an awful lot more than that to get you banned.

I was playing the antagonist to the protagonists saying - look at the flags...they're cheating!  And pointing out that just 'cause you have a flag doth not a cheater make you.

Equally, not having the flag doesn't necessarily mean you're honest.

What is strange to me is folks who have played two or three games and are ranked much higher than folks who have a played double or triple the number of games with the same win-loss ratio? It's almost like you are penalized for playing more

You will never be penalized for playing games. But neither will you be much rewarded for beating a player who already had a much lower Nemesis rating than you. Heroes don't pick fights with cannon fodder. Beat somebody with a higher rating than yours, and your giant-slaying prowess will earn you a bigger boost to your rating.

The scoring and flagging systems are explained in the help section: *http://nemesis.uk.games-workshop.com/help/playerscoring.htm*

It's not easy to pick up the watch flag: so far less than 1% of active accounts have been flagged at any one time. As I explained in the help section, it doesn't necessarily mean that a player is cheating, but the system is designed to detect one player operating multiple accounts against each other. It has no way of knowing whether you have a good reason for doing that, and for that reason nobody is banned without manual intervention.

Regarding slow responses to support requests: please be patient. Each Games Workshop division typically has one person dealing with all email they receive regarding Nemesis. We already have over 15,000 players signed up, and more are joining every day.

GW have obviously not got the balance right yet, between eliminating cheaters and allowing small groups of hard working players to play loads of games!  :icon_sad:

Don't give up though chaps! The feed-back you give will improve the system for all of us!
Adm'rul Kurgan Grimjaw of the Ironfang Pirate Fleet

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2007, 12:26:07 PM »
This is a shame.  I know it is frustrating, but I just encourage everyone that this has happened to to keep trying to get it sorted out. 

Warboss Kurgan recommended to post any grievances at the Warseer forum as the guy who is in charge of the cheating system is over there.  Link here: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1722165#post1722165
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 02:39:59 PM by wissenlander »
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline WarbossKurgan

• Members
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2007, 02:37:24 PM »
Post on this *Warseer  thread* to get some help from "GW Solitaire"  :)

If we were wrong, naturally they'll be reinstated.
Adm'rul Kurgan Grimjaw of the Ironfang Pirate Fleet

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2007, 02:40:24 PM »
We posted that at the exact same time. :laugh:

not together.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2007, 08:11:03 PM »
This stuff is trying to be sorted out, there are quite a few people that have had accounts deleted.  There is dialogue open between the head narrator and staff at the Warvault as well as the guy who's running the security system over at Warseer.  Keep e-mailing if you have to, but also check in at Warseer and PM the guy there if you have issues.  His name is GW Solitaire.  It's alright to be upset, but politeness will go a long way.

As far as avoiding the inquisitors flame, space your reports out if you have few opponents.  Don't post a lot at once, if you can spread them out throughout the week.  If you have many opponents, this shouldn't be an issue, unless you use one IP address.  That seems to be the common theme with people that have had accounts deleted.  If possible, report battles from different computers.  It is said that the IP address isn't the only reason that accounts are deleted, but it's the only thing that is really showing up as consistent amongst the deleted accounts.  If you have any questions or thoughts, let us know.

not together.

Offline Father Gabe

• Members
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2007, 09:57:38 PM »
Well that is definetley good information, and Im thankful this is getting cleared up.  I still havent gotten a response yet, however only 2 of my guys/gals will be signing back up again.  The rest clearly arent happy and at this point I dont blame them, they will not be signing up, which is a shame cause 2 of them are brand new players as of NC beginning, thankfully they arent going to stop.  We will keep sending emails and trying to correct things.

Father Gabe
Father Gabriel

Offline Jerok

• Members
  • Captain Campaign
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2007, 03:23:48 AM »
Sounds like your doing good work out there guys, keep it up!

Also, i'd like to point out the 'I've got an Eye on you!' portion on the Nemesis FAQ.

Basicaly it says that anyone who is suspected of cheating by the automatic system should have an icon which is eye-like. While this is a 'flag' per-se, it's just the automaton and will be checked out by a GW Person.

The thing is, the only symbol like that is the ! beside peoples names, and i've figured that out in itself. The ! is only a symbol that says if all of your games are confirmed or not. If you have them all confirmed, you get the ! which means 'All True'. If you have a pending game (and perhaps 'calculated') then you get no ! and a 'Possibly False'.