home

Author Topic: Gamer thread  (Read 802768 times)

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
Re: Gamer thread
« Reply #11125 on: May 11, 2018, 12:56:50 PM »
Well the campaign is much more over the top, than in previous one. I haven't tried multi yet, but I've heard good things about it, except the CQC (counter moves are bullshit). I have all the DLC's, as EA released them for free some time ago.

Graphically it is stunning, although I did have a few graphical bugs here and there, but it's a normal thing with games, running on Frostbite. Shooting is very satisfying and the damage mechanic is incredible, particles as well. Missions that take place during a typhoon are simply amazing.

The story is paper-thin of course, but that's not important. It's fast, action-packed and fun and that's what matters.

Also, don't worry - I'm positive that you will find more time to enjoy your hobbies and without the need for a divorce. :wink:
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline Aldaris

• Members
« Reply #11126 on: May 12, 2018, 01:15:23 PM »
I now have an Imp called Worthless Idiot as a deckhand on my ship. I approve of this.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #11127 on: May 12, 2018, 04:53:43 PM »
I now have an Imp called Worthless Idiot as a deckhand on my ship. I approve of this.

I have had a few of these in my life and I must say I may have been the said imp on occasion. Approval here as well
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Aldaris

• Members
« Reply #11128 on: May 12, 2018, 08:44:27 PM »
Found the Warhammer club!
 :icon_lol:

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #11129 on: May 12, 2018, 09:27:23 PM »
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Brad

• Members
« Reply #11130 on: May 13, 2018, 06:58:18 AM »
OK, I gave in and am giving Battletech go.  I have found that it is not an accurate reproduction of the boardgame, in that so far I have not once had my head blown off by the enemy's opening salvo.

Offline Aldaris

• Members
« Reply #11131 on: May 13, 2018, 07:30:44 AM »
Don't worry. It'll happen. After you've ground down 2 lances in a gruelling, glorious fight, the last, weaponless enemy mech will sprint up to your best pilot and put a fist through his cockpit. No, I'm not bitter. Why do you ask?
 :-D

Are you having fun so far?

Offline Brad

• Members
« Reply #11132 on: May 14, 2018, 03:00:51 AM »
It's alright.  I can forsee that I'll be savescumming the bejeezus out of it further along the campaign though.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #11133 on: May 15, 2018, 12:37:07 PM »
I played a game of Madden 18 and two Blood Bowl games on PS4 this past weekend.  It's been so long since I've played on a current console.
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #11134 on: May 22, 2018, 02:01:23 PM »
New Paradox game!  Imperator: Rome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGTifuEu6hw

Was hoping for Victoria 3, but this is a welcome surprise.  :::cheers:::
Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline phillyt

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Watching... always watching...
    • https://www.facebook.com/philip.estabrook.1
« Reply #11135 on: May 23, 2018, 11:18:22 AM »
Deathwing Enhanced Edition is a great rendition of the 40k universe.  Its an okay game made very good if you like the setting.
Where did she touch you Eight? Show us on the doll.

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #11136 on: May 25, 2018, 01:22:30 PM »
I've tried Battlefield 4 on my new and shiny PC.

The ammount of bugs, glitches and bad gameplay decisions, coupled with a bug which made me unable to finish the game, made mi uninstall this piece of shit in a record time.

Off to TW:W!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 11:14:57 AM by Xathrodox86 »
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

Gneisenau

Offline Aldaris

• Members
« Reply #11137 on: May 25, 2018, 01:57:13 PM »
I'm hard on the cRPG train right now.

After finishing PoE2: Deadfire I'm now on Divinity: Original Sin 2.  I dig it. It allows for a lot of roleplaying, and it's a classless system which gives you a completely free hand in building your party. Even the Origin characters (read: party NPCs if you don't play one of them) are not locked in in that regard. Sure, Sebille might be a rogue by default, but if you want you can change her into a frontline fighter, mage, ranger or anything in between.

I guess it's not an ideal game to get started in the genre since there is very little handholding and it seems easy to mess stuff up, but it's really fun, and the turn based combat feels great. Save early and often though, even moreso than usual in this kind of game. Fights are often almost a puzzle that will be super hard to win if you don't go about them the right way. Run right in and get completely destroyed. Reload. Figure out you could use a teleport ring to position your archer on some high ground ledge for a massive damage bonus and that there's some water barrels near the baddies you could destroy that would soak the ground and allow your air mage to do some nasty things with electricity. Stuff like that. I'm enjoying it a lot so far.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 01:59:31 PM by Aldaris »

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #11138 on: May 25, 2018, 04:59:58 PM »
Quote Xath: The ammount of bugs, glitches and bad gameplay decisions, coupled with a bug which made me unable to finish the game, made mu uninstall this piece of shit in a record time.

Yipes!!
Disappointing for sure.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #11139 on: May 25, 2018, 05:09:05 PM »
Divinity 2 is a fantastic game. I only played it for a bit with a friend, but it was great. I totally get what your saying Aldaris about it.

I've been trying to play Sins of a Solar Empire again. I love the game. I love the colonizing aspect and the space fights. However, and I cant figure out why, my game keeps crashing every 23 minutes on the dot. I've reinstalled it, the drivers, the DIVX9 thing, everything. Googled around and can't find the same kind of problem that I'm having. Couple of other crashing related things, but nothing that solves my problem. It doesn't help that I don't get a real error message. Just a "We detected a problem with your game" followed by looking at the desktop.

Gah! I may kill someone.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #11140 on: May 25, 2018, 05:17:17 PM »
Quote Gankom: Gah! I may kill someone.

I have this thought on a regular basis but there’s so many to choose from in my life that it wouldn’t be fair to others if I only chose one 🙀😺

Edit: just in case I better say I’m joking.  :engel:
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline phillyt

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #11141 on: May 25, 2018, 07:50:26 PM »
Since getting Stellaris I can't even consider playing Sins.  It is just so deep!

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #11142 on: May 25, 2018, 09:50:29 PM »
@Artoban, I know exactly what you mean.

@Philly, Stellaris is still SOOO good. I just wanted to take a break from it. I like the planet exploration and upgradeing in Sins. It's nice to be building buildings, exploring the planet and set it to focus on social or industrialization a bit more. Also, I really enjoy paying the pirates a boatload of money to go mess someone up for me.

Offline phillyt

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #11143 on: May 28, 2018, 11:15:47 PM »
I might need to reinstall it.  I’m actually having a hard time remembering how it played!  I don’t remember planetary exploration!

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #11144 on: May 29, 2018, 01:44:11 AM »
It's not a big mechanic, but when you have a planet there's an options to do things like upgrade civilian infrastructure or logistic/military, build populations or fortifications and explore the planet. There's two levels of planet exploring that might find relics or bonus'.

Offline BAWTRM

• Members
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #11145 on: May 31, 2018, 09:32:30 PM »
@Artoban, I know exactly what you mean.

@ Also, I really enjoy paying the pirates a boatload of money to go mess someone up for me.

This is actually in first to last expansion 'Apocalypse': "Marauders – The galaxy can now spawn nomadic empires on the fringes of the galaxy that raid settled nations. Players can hire mercenary generals and admirals from them and order a raid on a rival if relations are high enough. There is also a chance these scattered hordes coalesce into a unified force, potentially triggering a mid-game crisis event."
"...granted it isn't as retarded as having a lady popping out of your head holding a cup while humping a boar with a sword through its back, but there can only be one Brettonia."

PhillyT

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #11146 on: June 03, 2018, 12:25:53 PM »
Thats always been a way I wanted to play Stellaris. As a wandering race who conquers and consumes as you go. Nothing really supports it as a style.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #11147 on: June 03, 2018, 02:52:31 PM »
That's what I'd hoped you'd be able to do as the hive mind type. Make something like the Tyranids or Flood that can consume everything then move on. Making one bigger and bigger swarm, while leaving nothing but dead planets behind you.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #11148 on: June 04, 2018, 04:24:14 AM »
Yep. Unfortunately its not how the economic system of the game works at all.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #11149 on: June 06, 2018, 11:16:31 AM »
It doesn't look good guys. After the failure of Buttfuckfield 4, I've decided to dive into Mordheim, full-time.

This game sucks. It's unbalanced, the combat is offensively simple and the camera is your worst enemy. Oh and the A.I. is ALWAYS stronger.

Why the hell did I bought it, together with every, single DLC?

Gneisenau