home

Author Topic: Dinner!  (Read 23844 times)

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Re: Dinner!
« Reply #200 on: May 30, 2021, 08:34:45 PM »
Ooooooh! That does sound good.  I looked forward to grilling some pork sometime soon. :icon_cool: :icon_biggrin:
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #201 on: May 30, 2021, 10:51:01 PM »
Homemade lasagna. Need I say more except it’s even better than it looks 😺

Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #202 on: May 30, 2021, 11:14:20 PM »
Looks awesome! :icon_biggrin: :eusa_clap: :::cheers:::

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #203 on: May 31, 2021, 12:00:57 AM »
From the "Lunch" thread earlier today ...

... Oh, and hand with an Austrailian red wine blend of 45% cab sauvignon, 35% merlot, and 20% shiraz by Chateau Tanunda 2018, with tastes of blueberry, blackberry, chocolate and some sort of spice, although I could also tell it'd been made in wood barrels and perhaps this will soften a bit over night, but will see.

And I will try it with pasta this evening as well.
Homemade meat sauce served on top of radiator pasta in a bowl.  Fricking wonderfully yummy.

The wine had softened that wood taste almost completely.  A classic case of why letting some wines age or air a bit before serving works.

A tasty meal with a tasty wine, excellent, and life is good. :icon_cool: :::cheers:::

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #204 on: January 08, 2022, 09:15:36 PM »
Tonight ... having an early dinner of arctic char cooked in olive oil, shallot, garlic, fisherman's herb mix, heirloom tomato chopped for a minimal amount of sauce, and served with fresh spaghetti, cheese and potato pierogis, and organic green beans.  Yum! :icon_biggrin: :::cheers:::

Also having some Terroirs du Vent 2018 La Violette Viognier ... scrumptiously good with fish meals and light meats or even as an apertif if desired.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2022, 09:22:39 PM by GamesPoet »

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #205 on: June 29, 2022, 12:50:14 AM »
For dinner tonight, we made (and had) Onigiri for the first time. It was pretty easy and the kids liked stirring in the seasoning and molding them into triangles and adding the nori. It was surprisingly good. Next time we'll make some teriyaki chicken and add it as a filling.

Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #206 on: August 13, 2022, 04:25:39 PM »
Lsst night ...

One medium to small sized onion chopped, two cloves of garlic diced small, into 4 table spoons of butter melted in a fry pan.  Then a haddock fillet cut in half cooked lightly for two minutes on the meat side, and then flipped for the remainder of the cooking on the skin side.  Lightly salted, then a tuscan style herb mix, and then four sunrise sauce tomatoes cut into small pieces.  Fried until tomatoes are a combo of broken and sauced, and the fish is clearly cooked.  Served with a mix of green beans and gemelli pasta, and a white wine (this time Heart & Hands Winery's "Polarity" 2020).

Fabulous! :icon_biggrin: :icon_cool: :::cheers:::