home

Author Topic: Padre's Tilean Campaign Painting and Modelling Blog  (Read 3900 times)

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
Padre's Tilean Campaign Painting and Modelling Blog
« on: November 04, 2018, 04:52:39 PM »
I should have put all the hundreds of past projects into one thread like this but I didn't. I'll start to do so now, and might intersperse with some old stuff too every now and again.

Sartosan pirates
Kitbashes and conversions using Frostgrave Ghost Archipeligo and some Free Company parts

1. The Talkers

Just Frostgrave bits, with a GW head thrown in the mix. From left: Two talkers basically talking, one with a bottle and tankard, and the last one with a walking cane.

2. The Handgunners

Frostgrave with GW Free Company blunderbusses and arms.

3. The Pistoliers

Frostgrave with GW pistols and hands.

All made with story-pictures in mind, thus none are in the act of stabbing, shooting, chopping or generally being 'fighty'. Just walking around or having a chat. I think I'm gonna do this with the whole box. I wish I had stocked up on a lot more Free Company Boxes. Impossible to get a hold of now, yet once so ubiquitous!
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
Re: Padre's Tilean Campaign Painting and Modelling Blog
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2018, 05:07:48 PM »
Some of the Tilean Houses ...

Note: Most of them are deliberately 'film-set' in style. Quicker to make, only one or two sided, and perfect for story-photos.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 05:10:07 PM by Padre »
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2018, 05:18:04 PM »
I like how the GW tower is sitting on a keyboard with the screen behind it showing W-E. :icon_biggrin: :icon_lol:
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2018, 06:20:54 PM »
Is that what they call a "screenshot" ………………….

…………… following instructions to the letter  :engel:

Lovely thread already - I love the flexibility of plastic kits and have kept a box of Frostgrave Soldiers, Barbarians, Crewmen, and will add one of the new Females for 'conversions' and I have lots of Ed 6 Soldiers and Free Company bits to add, and will see how it all works with the Oathmark Humans I just got - I fancy building a whole new army of City Guard and Militia for either KoW or Fantasy.

Being picky I would prefer if all your houses and scenery were in a separate thread in the Crafts & Skills Board  :engel:
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2018, 11:24:15 AM »
Eagerly following!  :-)

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2018, 01:34:44 PM »
I like the paintjob on the GW tower. I will get around to painting mine one day.
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2018, 01:47:58 PM »
Yep, I need to paint mine, too! :icon_mrgreen:

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Konrad von Richtmark

• Members
  • Marius Leitdorf Lives!
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2018, 02:10:05 PM »
Good of you to finally start this thread. It lets us see your Tilean creations in their own native context.  :-)
The only good thing about 7th ed heads is that they look particularly inbred and superstitious which is perfect for Stirlanders

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2018, 08:17:48 PM »
Another 4 kitbashes done.

Two Scrappers ...

And two looters trying to lift a barrel up ...

Offline The Black Knight

• Members
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2018, 09:30:23 PM »
Those pirate types look superb!

If I were to do a 6th edition Vampire Coast army, I now know where I would get my zombies from  :icon_smile:.
"All right... we'll call it a draw".

My fantasy-themed terrain log

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2018, 06:20:40 PM »
The Black Knight: They do work well with old Empire Free Company bits too!

Here are some more looters ...

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2018, 07:17:26 PM »
Now I have some time, I thought I'd array all my Tilean Militia figures together (as never before, including all the new ones). Until now they have appeared simply as individual city militia units in various armies, usually also including mercenaries or standing army troops.

Here they are all together ...

The component parts ...

They're getting close to the point where they could form a full army on the field of battle. Now I think about it, throw in a few wizards and a few pieces of artillery, and they're there already!

(Probably need more missile troops though.)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 07:19:39 PM by Padre »

Offline Naitsabes

• Members
  • Never slid
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2018, 11:51:51 PM »
wow! the impressive pike units are ...impressive. I really like the striped pants and jackets here and there. Congrats and yes, add in a wizard, a cannon or two and maybe some fast cave you have a legit army. The heavy lifting is done!
The Empire Road to Volganof Last update 18Mar2023 - Pistoliers & Baggage train)

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2018, 04:57:34 PM »
I have always loved pikes visually on the wargames table, but I have never yet seen them do anything impressive on the field of battle!

Here is another looter (I think my favourite yet) and another pistol-wielder ...

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2018, 06:25:46 PM »
The militia army is looking good :icon_exclaim:

Where do the knights come from :icon_question:

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2018, 07:55:24 PM »
The knights are from a range once produced by Wargames Foundry, but now listed under one of their separate web identities called Casting Room Miniatures. These are a 'unique' range of figures, somewhat strange in a way I can't describe. I think that's why they have separated them from their 'home' ranges ... see https://castingroomminiatures.com/

I think I'll get the mounted xbow soonish, as they will make good militia horse to go with my existing Tilean militia: https://castingroomminiatures.com/collections/renaissance/products/italian-mounted-crossbowmen
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 07:58:47 PM by Padre »

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2018, 08:35:53 PM »
Don't mention mounted xbowmen around GamesPoet ………………..  :engel:
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2018, 08:41:21 PM »
Don't mention mounted xbowmen around GamesPoet ………………..  :engel:

:::cheers:::
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2018, 09:00:20 PM »
Ignore those boys, they know nothing of what they are mentioning. :icon_wink:

The knights are from a range once produced by Wargames Foundry, but now listed under one of their separate web identities called Casting Room Miniatures. These are a 'unique' range of figures, somewhat strange in a way I can't describe. I think that's why they have separated them from their 'home' ranges ... see https://castingroomminiatures.com/
Looks like all the same sculptor maybe.  I do like some of them!

I think I'll get the mounted xbow soonish, as they will make good militia horse to go with my existing Tilean militia: https://castingroomminiatures.com/collections/renaissance/products/italian-mounted-crossbowmen
Oooh! Those do look good. :::cheers:::

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2018, 09:57:53 PM »
Some more Arabyan-looking Sartosans - if I get another box I will probably do more looking like this.

Their pistols are GW (free company & pistolier) ...

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2018, 11:19:35 PM »
I have always loved pikes visually on the wargames table, but I have never yet seen them do anything impressive on the field of battle!

Here is another looter (I think my favourite yet) and another pistol-wielder ...

The guy on the left looks like he has a mean "bag of holding".

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2018, 06:58:19 AM »
I know. He sure is a greedy one. It's the bag from the ogre bulls' sprue.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2018, 12:19:59 PM »
Looks like a great figure to me, love it! :eusa_clap: :::cheers:::