home

Author Topic: 1 lost mm  (Read 1950 times)

Offline Bladughadda

• Members
1 lost mm
« on: May 21, 2007, 11:48:56 PM »
Have anyone else noticed that the new 20mm bases actually are 19? My friend bougtht some Men-at-Arms to expand an older unit today just to realize that in a five wide unit half a centimeter was missing. I compared and messured the new state trooper and found that also those where 19 mm?
It's not the biggest Deal but a bit annoying if you wont to mix old and new one. I can't See the reason for this? Do GW want to save money by reducing the amount of plastics?

Curios if anyone else thought about this

Offline Soju

• Members
  • personal text goes here
Re: 1 lost mm
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 12:20:38 AM »
Possibly for stacking'em in the trays that are made by GW as well.

It makes sense to cut off a little on the bases as well as enlarge the trays to make the units fit easily.

That's my take on it, so don't take my word for it lol.

I'm surprised that people are actually measuring their bases...

sj

Offline Wyzer1

• Members
  • ^My Pic - Stuff I say ->
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 12:41:20 AM »
Hmmmm.... this gives me an idea

You know the "Mounted Character in Infantry" thing... if some GT judge gave you a hard time for mounting on a smaller base basically you can invalidate everyone elses army using that argument... or just knee them int he crotch, whatever suits your tastes

Personally I think GW is just being cheap
Long time Wood Elf and Empire player with newly acquired High Elves

Offline Hochland Hero

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 07:04:30 AM »
i would go with the kneing to the nads option  :icon_mrgreen: but i think GW has been quite a Tight company but at my nearst one they are having auctions on all the older stuff theyve taken off shelves so lots of storm of chaos stuff there. And i think thats very good of them
Quote from: Tostig
while drinking, once you're proficient enough, makes you invulnerable.

Offline Vmartini

• Members
  • Middlesbrough, UK
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 07:15:37 PM »
yup, I did some measurements of bases when I found my unit of 20 orcs was too big for my movemnet tray made pecially for 10 Knights.

The cavelry bases are nearer 24mm, and the 25mm square bases are nearer 26 mm as well.

Offline Mystic Force

• Members
  • Fighting Opponents in Iowa since 2007
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2007, 09:01:12 PM »
I have also found that the 4 wide regemental bases are about 1mm different to 4 standard bases, after I had built my movement trays
Well smack my arse and call me Cindy!
Leading the charge with the clever use of acronyms W.H.I.N.E.