home

Author Topic: the pirates of manannsheim  (Read 1842 times)

Offline Alexos

• Members
the pirates of manannsheim
« on: October 02, 2009, 02:12:01 AM »
Hello, I thought I would make this thread to create a solid backround for my Free company pirates. Now, when you read this you have to understand that these pirates are usually hired to defend Imperial ships in the trading lanes, and usually keep what was on the ships as part of the job.

"Get us another brew, ya wench!" Aleo said; throwing a handful of coins at the nearest barmaid. This last year had been fruitful, as many Orc ships had been caught in his ships guns. He was about to give the lovely barmaid nearest him a 'friendly' slap on the a** when a messanger walked in, slamming the door to get everyones attention. He stood upon the nearest unoccupied bench and started speaking.
    "Here ye! Here ye!" he yelled in a pitch so nasally, it could make an Orc's ears bleed.
    Aleo started for his pistol, wanting to put the little man out of his misery, when a knight of the Order of the Red Griffon walked in, brandishing a gigantic sword that radiated power.
    All were silent as the knight walked over to the dumbstruck Alessio.
    "Are you Aleo, the pirate of this Island-city?"  the knight said in a god-like voice. Alessio was to confused to speak, so the knight continued.
    "As you have no tounge of your own, Vermin, I will speak. Your band of wildmen are asked to come with the Imperial crusade that has been founded. Do you accept?"
    Aleo saw that the question wasn't a question, but a statement, but was too involved in his own rage to consider this. With a loud crash, the table was flipped over, and Aleo had his sword and pistol out.
    "Now hear me, you pompous fool. No one refers to me or my crew as Wildmen, ye understand! now take out your blade, for we fight for my honour!" Aleo swung his blade, but didn't expect the knight to catch, and stop, the powerful swing with nought but his hand. The knight had the audacity to laugh, and procceeded to throw Alessio's blade back at him.
    "So my lord was right, your lot did have some honour left in them. Take them away!" the knight yelled.
    This statement took Aleo by suprise just as much as the Gauntleted fist that struck him out.

I plan to expand on this. Please, C&C is wanted, as this is my first attempt at creating fluff for Warhammer fantasy.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 04:26:40 AM by Alexos »

Offline Von Kurst

• Members
Re: the pirates of manannsheim
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 03:46:46 PM »
Always shoot knights!
Especially if you are a pirate.  :)
“Why is the rum always gone?” -Captain Jack Sparrow
"It is, it is a glorious thing To be a Pirate King."
 -Gilbert, Sir W(illiam) S(chwenck)

Offline Sharkbelly

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2009, 01:55:55 AM »
Sounds good so far! I'd be curious to see what the army list looks like.

Offline Alexos

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2009, 02:54:28 AM »
Well, the army list isn't just pirates just so you know. Though I will be having Pirates in my army, they will probably be part of my Border prince nation. They will be the navy of my people.