home

Author Topic: Dark Stars Game thread IC  (Read 97893 times)

Offline Captain Dob Van Dwi

• Members
  • Just jiven'
Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
« Reply #400 on: December 14, 2016, 05:17:15 PM »
@Gamkom:

Per check- 23 pass!
Intel check - 3 pass!

You recall that the missing weapons were tagged. You look over the numbers and find the now empty weapon racks with corresponding numbers. You notice that the missing weapons all come from a stock pile of weapons you received as a gift from the king of a feudal world you visited last year with Ricker and Hasarian.

You go though the missing items:

Three hand bows, five flintlock pistols, two full sized crossbows, a dozen bolas, 7 knives, a sword stick cane and a falchion like Bane's.

You note two things: One, that the ranged weapons are powerful enough too kill, but not so powerful that they could cause damage and two, that besides the two crossbows and the falchion, all the weapons can be concealed.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 05:32:12 PM by Captain Dob Van Dwi »
I choose too keep "Old Warhammer" alive with my blood sweat and tears.

It's bad that warhammer might die but it would be a tragedy if it stays dead!

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #401 on: December 14, 2016, 05:25:45 PM »
@DK:

"Now, now, Wilhelm, no flirting on the bridge. What if was Icarus up here, you'd make him jealous!" Hasarian says absentmindedly. You notice that he is deep in a game of Regicide.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 05:32:35 PM by Captain Dob Van Dwi »

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #402 on: December 14, 2016, 05:41:53 PM »
"I'm touched, I really am." Desmond mutters to himself when he hears Bane giving his speech. yet he's quickly distracted as he starts to compile the list of what's missing. "Hmm, all from the same source no less..."

Once he's finished to walks over to Bane and shows him the list. "Here's what's missing. For the most part all concealable, all from this same source and also all fairly primitive. Strange isn't it? If you were stealing weapons wouldn't you go for a different selection? Even if you needed concealable there are other choices. Certainly seems very ritual to me."

Desmond quickly grabs himself a shotgun and some stun grenades if he can find them. "Petrus!" he shouts as he gathers the weapons, "Have a look at this list. Tell me if anything jumps out at you about it."

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #403 on: December 14, 2016, 06:15:08 PM »
Zuriel, who had been standing in line with the rest of the squad, takes position next to Icarus after he's done with his speech. With a raspy yet loud voice, he addresses the crew.

'Alright lads, you heard the boss! Don't shoot until he tells you to, and keep your aim steady, or latrine duty'll be the least of your worries! Keep your wits about you- killing these deviants is a glorious thing, but it's not worth blowing up the ship over!'

He then turns to Bane, smiling. 'Honour to serve under you again, sir. But, ah, permission to speak freely, sir?' He hesitates a moment, weighing the words in his mind, then continues. 'While I love the shotguns as much as the next person- I mean, boom, and one less problem in the world, what's not to love- don't you think that we might want to bring something a little bit less scatter-prone? Wouldn't want a stray shot hitting something it shouldn't be hitting, right?' He weighs the weapon in his hands. 'Don't get me wrong, the men are good shots and all, but with these little beauties, you could hit one of them sickos spot on, and you'd still need to worry 'bout an errand pellet hitting a critical section of the ship.'

'Now if it were up to me, I'd favour an autogun over a shotgun under these circumstances- no spray, and these boys know how to handle 'em just as well as they do a shotgun. Single fire only, of course. Maybe even a hunting rifle or two, give 'em to someone in the back. Small clip size and the range is not really important in these confined spaces, but they're accurate enough to shoot the knees off a heretic at 150 meters.'
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #404 on: December 14, 2016, 06:31:02 PM »
@Gankom:

"Interesting" Petrus remarks "could they be so adverse to the modern galaxy that they have reverted to a pre-industrial culture? no that can't be it. otherwise they would have destroyed the ship by now. A symbolic meaning perhaps? "

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #405 on: December 14, 2016, 07:17:57 PM »
"Yes I had a similar thought." Desmond say's looking at the dataslate.

(Can I do a knowledge check on the feudal planet we acquired the stuff from? To see if it was particularly special in anyway.)

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #406 on: December 15, 2016, 09:06:22 AM »
Bane looks at the list with a frown under his respirator. "Seems to me that this... cult" he spats the words, as if it were a poison "likes to do things the old style way." He frowns some more. "I would certainly take something like a compact autopistol or a hand flamer, or even a web gun, this dosen't make any sense..." he mutters frustrated.

Later he adresses Zuriel. "Good thinking boy, diversity won't be bad in this situation" says Icarus, and then grabs two autoguns, handing one to Zuriel and the other to another member of the strike team, while growling to him "single fire only".

Fonally Bane makes his way to Desmond and Petrus: "After a deeper thought, it might be for assassination purposes - the theft of these weapons I mean." He looks at them expectantly. "What do you boys reckon?"
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #407 on: December 15, 2016, 12:24:33 PM »
Zuriel grins wolfishly as he fondles the new rifle. 'Remember boys,' he says turning to his squadmates, 'we have zero room for mistakes down there, so only fire if you have a clear shot. You and me,' he continues, indicating the member of the squad who also received an autogun, 'we focus on taking out any threat from range. The rest of you lot, unless told otherwise, only shoot if you can feel the enemy's breath on you. Just be sure to take down any hostile who comes within spitting distance.' 

'And remember, if all them sickos are packing is a couple of antiques, they'll be hard pressed to scratch the paint on our armour. That gives you some time before they can land a good shot, so use that time to take proper aim.' He then looks over his shoulder at Bane and the others. 'Looks like the higher-ups are still holding a committee, so do another weapon's check. I don't want any surprises down there.'
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Dipped in Magic, Clothed in Science
« Reply #408 on: December 15, 2016, 12:31:17 PM »
There was a crackle of static from above and the glass lenses of one of the picskulls lit up with a greasy gleam. The mouth clacked open out of sync with Ricker's voice. "If your commander feels you are ready, there is no reason for further delay. Mister Bane, the word is given. Start your parade."
Completed Projects | History of Ophelia VII

Quote from: PhillyT
Everyone finds their balance between satisfaction and obsession.

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #409 on: December 15, 2016, 03:29:01 PM »
"I would be inclined to think that as well master Bane" Petrus says "Perhaps the theft of such weapons is just as much pragmatic as it is symbolic? I can only imagine that they prefer to be right next too their enemies"

Upon hearing the green light, Petrus stops talking and draws his chainsword

"Ready Desmond?" He asks.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 03:31:36 PM by Captain Dob Van Dwi »

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #410 on: December 15, 2016, 03:38:26 PM »
"Righty oh." Desmond replies, finishing loading his shotgun. "Let's get going."

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Dipped in Magic, Clothed in Science
« Reply #411 on: December 15, 2016, 04:14:50 PM »
Up on the bridge, Ricker holds down the mute switch and turns to the Navigator. "Bottle of amasec says they get into a pointless firefight within thirty seconds of meeting a member of the Hand," he opines. "You wanna take the bet, Jace?"
Completed Projects | History of Ophelia VII

Quote from: PhillyT
Everyone finds their balance between satisfaction and obsession.

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #412 on: December 15, 2016, 04:38:40 PM »
'Eradicating a gathering of deluded heretics is never pointless, so I shall happily take that bet, voidmaster,' Jace grins. 'Besides, I am confident that Desmond, at least, will attempt to initiate a conversation. Which, I fear, shall be the pointless part of this exercise. Not that I lack faith in his abilities, mind you- but these cultist types never respond well to things like reason, or logic, or common sense.'

'Best to have followed my initial suggestion- simply deactive the life support systems for a spell. We are operating well above skeleton crew levels, after all.'

'Right then,' Zuriel says, a grin of anticipation on his lips. 'Squad, move out.'

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #413 on: December 15, 2016, 05:10:34 PM »
The head out. Bane at the front, Desmod & Zuriel in the center and Pertus at the rear. Two Armsmen flank the formation at either side.All the servitors remain disguised and follow behind Petrus.

You reach the lift, step aboard, and descend.

After a few minutes, the lift doors open, and you are greeted by the smell of the lower decks. Musk, rust and dampness assault your sense of smell.

Stepping off you notice that it's much dimmer down here than it is on the upper decks. The decking, creaks under foot. You can't help but feel cramped down here too. The few off duty crew you see give you a wide birth as you march.

The winding and sharp corridors take you deeper, past the crew quarters and mess hall down in too the deep passages that lead too Engineering & Maintenance. It is now nearly pitch black, only a faint dimness remains, the luminators on the walls are barely alive, no reason too keep them running, the Enginseers don't need them.

At last you reach Engineering.

You open the door and step inside.

A dozen heads swivel to meet you. You can see the green lenses of various augmetic eyes glint at you before turning away and going back too work.

However one Enginseer shuffles forward. You can just see him in the gloom, barely.

"Greetings Chief Armsman" Intones the Enginseer with his synthetic voice, calling Bane by his official title "And too you as well Seneschal. How may I help you?"

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #414 on: December 15, 2016, 06:38:05 PM »
Zuriel looks about his, not at all interested in the Omnissiah's priest. He had lived his whole life aboard the Holy Venture- he did not share the planetborn's uneasiness around them. Rather, he kept an eye on his surroundings. This might be a diplomatic mission in principle, but when his opponent opened negotiations with an ambush, then he would have his counter-argument ready.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #415 on: December 15, 2016, 06:44:20 PM »
"Greetings Enginseer. " Desmond replies politely. "We are investigating a matter important to the good running of the ship and our current information leads us here. Have you noticed any disappearances amongst the adepts or the servitors? Any other strange happening? "

Desmond stays polite and formal but also on guard. It's doubtful this cult would do anything here, but they might have agents or sources present.

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #416 on: December 15, 2016, 07:45:43 PM »
Apparently the Enginseer's augmetic eyes have a blink feature, as you see him do just that in surprise. The clicking sound catches you off guard, as the "lids", shutters really, close and open.

"I did not think anyone above deck noticed" he says "Yes, the Hand have been very active of late. Mostly servitors and the occasional Rating. However Enginseer Lek went missing this morning"
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 07:58:40 PM by Captain Dob Van Dwi »

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #417 on: December 15, 2016, 09:36:20 PM »
"What all do you know about this Hand cult?" Desmond says urgently, glancing at his companion. "Any knowledge may be of use. We were concerned enough with servitors, but to hear they've moved up to an Enginseer is worrying indeed."

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #418 on: December 15, 2016, 09:53:37 PM »
"I am afraid I know little about them on an ideological level" the enginseer says "However when we have rocovered the remains of the servitors that were destroyed, they have clearly had thier augmetics removed. All of them"

He pauses

"We have recoved a number of lost parts from these servitors if you would like to see them"

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #419 on: December 16, 2016, 03:29:44 PM »
"Yes we would" growls Bane and then turns around towards Desmond and Zuriel. "Maybe we'll be able to determine how they died and why do they need those augmetics. Perhaps there is something going on deeper, than we have previously expected" he adds with a growl. "Zuriel - have your men cover all the angles at all times, especially when we make stops and having chats. I don't want a surprise crossbow bolt flying towards us from the shadows" Icarus instructs his subordinate.
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #420 on: December 16, 2016, 04:06:22 PM »
"Agreed, lets see what's been left behind." Desmond nods. "Perhaps this is a fanatics purity of form thing, and they don't like anything that changes the human body?"

He looks back at the Enginseer. "Where was your fellow enginseer taken from?"

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #421 on: December 16, 2016, 09:10:10 PM »
The enginseer leads you over to an even darker room. Once within , the enginseer hands you a number of laminators. With a start you notice that many of the parts are burned byond recognition. Some are even fused together.

"Looks like a ritual burning too me" Petrus remarks

The enginseer nods

"We fear that Lek might a suffered a far more grizzly fate" the enginseer says he looks as desmond. "I sent Lek to the engine room, last I heard from him was a repot that everything was optimal"

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #422 on: December 16, 2016, 10:10:41 PM »
With a sigh, Desmond examines the pieces. "Well this isn't a good sign. Bane can you have an armsman light up? We could probably use it from this point forward."

He then moves around to get a good look at all the recovered scrap. "How long has Lek been missing? We'll move as fast as we can, but it might get... rough."

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #423 on: December 16, 2016, 10:26:48 PM »
"Lek has been missing 19 hours, 57 minutes and 37 seconds" the enginseer responds

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #424 on: December 17, 2016, 04:49:38 PM »
"Right then. If there's nothing else we will move to the engine room and continue our investigation there."