home

Author Topic: Can't re-roll a re-roll . . .  (Read 24553 times)

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
Re: Can't re-roll a re-roll . . .
« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2011, 09:07:05 AM »
Armor of Dementia

Horrible forces of madness surround this armor, causing those in the vicinity to pointlessly repeat their actions.

Counts as full plate amor. The wearer, and any enemy models in base contact, must re-roll any and all dice they roll.

10 points.
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2011, 09:11:01 AM »
Technically, applying basic statistical understanding, armour of dementia should be 0 points.

Oh, and CoD, I don't play people like that. I haven't even encountered them yet. Guess I'm lucky. Must be hell for you if that's the sort of opponent you face, the sort of guy who won't accept that you said 'This counts as my second roll 'cos the first, quite obviously, is pointless." You say that and they say "Roll again"? Like I said, you unlucky guy. I am surprised you're still in the hobby!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 09:14:24 AM by Padre »
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2011, 09:12:31 AM »
Armor of Dementia

Horrible forces of madness surround this armor, causing those in the vicinity to pointlessly repeat their actions.

Counts as full plate amor. The wearer, and any enemy models in base contact, must re-roll any and all dice they roll.

10 points.

It's not pointless. I feel like I explained why it's not pointless.   :icon_sad:  Squidward is mad at me? Ia! Ia! Clarinet fhtagn?   :icon_cry:
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

Offline Kirgan

• Members
« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2011, 10:34:51 AM »
30pts  :engel:
Commission Painting-PM  :)

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2011, 10:42:58 AM »
Technically, applying basic statistical understanding, armour of dementia should be 0 points.

Oh, and CoD, I don't play people like that. I haven't even encountered them yet. Guess I'm lucky. Must be hell for you if that's the sort of opponent you face, the sort of guy who won't accept that you said 'This counts as my second roll 'cos the first, quite obviously, is pointless." You say that and they say "Roll again"? Like I said, you unlucky guy. I am surprised you're still in the hobby!

I play in a powergamer group. I have slowly come to this realization. And when they accused me of being cheezy with my 2 mortars and my O&G list with 3 whole Pump Wagons (yes, that Pump Wagon spam that is so over the top) I began to think that I should be relentless in return.

Soon ... soon they will all feel the wrath of my DOOM CANNON!   And my Sword of Justice wielding fire mage of DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM! And my single Stank that I own.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2011, 10:45:19 AM »
DOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmm

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2011, 11:46:14 AM »
When you say it like that (not the Doooooom bit, the bit before) it does make Empire, even 'cheesy' Empire, and certainly as most of us play it, quite pathetic.

And I have three utterly flufflylicious Empire armies. It's a wonder I can remember any victories at all. Maybe I only ever have them when I play in  campaigns against other flufflepuff armies?

One day I will sit down and try to make an army list that functions against 'real' players.
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline RobertShepherd

• Members
  • They told me there would be candy.
« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2011, 12:31:44 PM »

I play in a powergamer group. I have slowly come to this realization. And when they accused me of being cheezy with my 2 mortars and my O&G list with 3 whole Pump Wagons (yes, that Pump Wagon spam that is so over the top) I began to think that I should be relentless in return.

Soon ... soon they will all feel the wrath of my DOOM CANNON!   And my Sword of Justice wielding fire mage of DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM! And my single Stank that I own.

You mean, rod of justice.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2011, 12:53:53 PM »
I'm definitely in the RIDICULOUS camp.
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline mr chumley warner

• Members
  • Ninth Age , paint everything, Metal Only !
« Reply #59 on: June 02, 2011, 03:23:51 PM »
it could work in your favour, re -roll the re rolled hit then re roll, but when your opponent gets really confused re-roll then re roll again, and split the dice into failed and passed, re roll them, then re roll when it hits and not, double it up , then allow for his re roll, and yours.

Ask yourself , what is real? 5 sense filtered reality is a very limited perspective.

Offline Rowly

• Members
« Reply #60 on: June 02, 2011, 04:01:44 PM »
Now forgive my ignorance if I have this completely wrong but you can only re-roll a dice once in the given situation correct?

When this very situation effected myself and a friend we did it thus:

The hits were put in one pile, the misses in another.*

The hit pile dice were re-rolled as per the rules for the Armour. The miss pile dice were then separately re-rolled for the Hatred. This seemed to make as much sense of the situation as we could muster. Each dice was only re-rolled once.

Were we way off base going with that method?

And when I say pile I mean a dice in each as it was just two attacks rolled, a single hit and a single miss.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #61 on: June 02, 2011, 04:18:29 PM »
yes, but seeing as all hits are rerolled from armour, and all misses rerolled from sword, every dice you roll will 100% need to be rerolled.

So dont bother rerolling them.

Pass the machete.

• Members
« Reply #62 on: June 02, 2011, 04:20:38 PM »
sorry about my post i was being very silly
Ask yourself , what is real? 5 sense filtered reality is a very limited perspective.

Offline MrDWhitey

• Members
« Reply #63 on: June 02, 2011, 04:22:27 PM »
I thought he should act responsibly and just kill himself.

• Members
« Reply #64 on: June 02, 2011, 04:25:10 PM »
dont hurt me!

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #65 on: June 02, 2011, 04:49:26 PM »
yes, but seeing as all hits are rerolled from armour, and all misses rerolled from sword, every dice you roll will 100% need to be rerolled.

So dont bother rerolling them.

Ah, someone speaking plain and simple, good old fashioned and very obvious common sense. At last.

Now I can leave this thread alone and let the memory of it fade from my mind. I shall have peace.

Fare thee well, "Can't re-roll a re-roll . . ." Or should I say, good riddance?

Offline Syn Ace

• Members
  • Misinterpreting GW rules since 1991
« Reply #66 on: June 02, 2011, 04:53:03 PM »
You guys who are all up in arms about rerollling just need to relax--don't get so indignant if some 'ridiculous' people just like to follow rules. If that's how they like to play, just take a deep breath. Let them reroll. Everything will be okay. Deep breath.

You know, on a more serious note, personally, if I have the ability to make someone reroll, I like to use it because I get great enjoyment out of watching my opponent's dismay if his great rolls are turned into terrible rolls. Call me an agent of chaos, but I like the random element of the game (hmmm, maybe why i like playing craps). So don't take my enjoyment away just because you want to take short cuts because you're in a hurry because you've got tickets to the opera or something.  :icon_wink:
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 05:36:31 PM by [SYN] Ace »
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounding yourself with assholes.

— Popularly but incorrectly attributed to William Gibson

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #67 on: June 02, 2011, 05:51:40 PM »
If someone really wanted to roll twice I'd let them.
I just dont think anyone I would play would want to.

Pass the machete.

• Members
« Reply #68 on: June 02, 2011, 07:14:15 PM »
loaded dice

Offline Kirgan

• Members
« Reply #69 on: June 02, 2011, 07:52:27 PM »
We play in my country(Serbia) and some neighborhood ( Croatia, Bulgaria and spouse Hungary  also some Slovenian players who come in Serbia) with rules that I wrote here  :engel:

Offline MrDWhitey

• Members
« Reply #70 on: June 02, 2011, 07:57:32 PM »
If someone really wanted to roll twice I'd let them.
I just dont think anyone I would play would want to.

You'd play me wouldn't you!  :oops:
I thought he should act responsibly and just kill himself.

• Members
« Reply #71 on: June 02, 2011, 08:07:02 PM »
We play in my country(Serbia) and some neighborhood ( Croatia, Bulgaria and spouse Hungary  also some Slovenian players who come in Serbia) with rules that I wrote here  :engel:

mate your a legend, i love it

tell me more about Eastern European backstreet Warhammer dens!

Offline Kirgan

• Members
« Reply #72 on: June 02, 2011, 10:43:39 PM »
Well we have great players here I would like to come here guys and we will play eat drink and going out and if is summer well every person with weak hart take some medicine  :::cheers::: :evil: :happy: :engel:

Offline warhammerlord_soth

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Eurobash : Ascension weekend. Be there !
« Reply #73 on: June 03, 2011, 06:46:53 AM »

So basically you're inviting us for a re-roll with the misses ?
Have one  on Midaski's tab.  :::cheers:::
Famous last words. R.I.P.

Offline Kirgan

• Members
« Reply #74 on: June 03, 2011, 03:31:54 PM »
I am always for some hanging and fun so if you wish to come I will be your guide in Belgrade (Capitol City of Serbia)  :happy: