home

Author Topic: Identification needed on Standard Bearer  (Read 3394 times)

Offline Kislev123

• Members
Identification needed on Standard Bearer
« on: April 18, 2018, 12:23:34 PM »
Hey Guys, I have looked over and over again to find any information on this model but with no luck thus far.

https://picclick.co.uk/Warhammer-AOS-EXTREMELY-RARE-OOP-METAL-EMPIRE-STANDARD-183108061100.html#&gid=1&pid=1

It's a GW10 Empire Standard Bearer Metal, does anybody know from which kit it is? Or is it unreleased material?

Thanks a lot in advance for solving this mystery.

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
Re: Identification needed on Standard Bearer
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 12:36:50 PM »
Definitely unreleased. Not part of any kit, never sold in shops. Actually, never seen it before, not even friends who worked at the local GW store at the time had it. So not a staff gift or the like.

Seems genuine GW though. GW seems to have made a fair number of new Empire and Halfling (and Dwarf?) sculpts around 2010, but only a few were produced & sold.

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline Kislev123

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 12:39:19 PM »
Thank you very much for your input as it confirms my feelings.

Offline S.O.F

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 01:55:19 PM »
Yeah I've never seen this fellow before either. From the sculpt though he is quite clearly a Talabeclander, eagle on the standard and a tree of Taal for the shield device.
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan

Offline mr chumley warner

• Members
  • Ninth Age , paint everything, Metal Only !
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018, 02:52:05 PM »
I'm not entirely convinced, is it perhaps an Imperial Guard? 40K? OOP?
Ask yourself , what is real? 5 sense filtered reality is a very limited perspective.

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2018, 03:56:36 PM »
I've never seen that before plus its a crappy sculpted figure ..right?
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

• Members
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2018, 04:27:00 PM »
We need CCM WIKI admins to authenticate this one
Ask yourself , what is real? 5 sense filtered reality is a very limited perspective.

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2018, 04:31:14 PM »
I think chumley may have found a new purpose in life...
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline S.O.F

• Members
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2018, 04:35:55 PM »
I'm not entirely convinced, is it perhaps an Imperial Guard? 40K?

As I said in my post clearly an Empire figure and one from Talabecland. This is perhaps one of those test run sorts that they do for new sculptors, no real release or anything just a few one offs.
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2018, 04:50:41 PM »
One cannot but agree with SOF.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Naitsabes

• Members
  • Never slid
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2018, 05:44:16 PM »
This is perhaps one of those test run sorts that they do for new sculptors, no real release or anything just a few one offs.

The reason is to see if the sculptor manages to plaster "KF" and "Sigmar" all over the model. This guy failed.
The Empire Road to Volganof Last update 18Mar2023 - Pistoliers & Baggage train)

Offline hamster

• Members
  • doesn't have pictures of the sprue
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2018, 06:58:42 PM »
This is perhaps one of those test run sorts that they do for new sculptors, no real release or anything just a few one offs.

The reason is to see if the sculptor manages to plaster "KF" and "Sigmar" all over the model. This guy failed.

well of course, the empire shan't have less than twelve KF per soldier if we ever intend to survive.
There is no wrong state to play as, except for middenland

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2018, 04:33:35 PM »
Somehow, I cannot shed the feeling I have seen this one somewhere before, perhaps even on this website.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2018, 06:11:09 PM »
Somehow, I cannot shed the feeling I have seen this one somewhere before, perhaps even on this website.

I was thinking the same thing! It looks oddly familiar, and I even remember similar jokes about the sculpting. Whatever it is, it's clearly suppose to be Empire. Look at the plate it's wearing, no 40k has that. Let alone the banner and general look.

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2018, 06:46:29 PM »
First time that I see this miniature. Looks decent actually, from what I can tell.

• Members
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2018, 07:28:00 PM »
Someone must know what it is

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2018, 09:08:01 PM »
Of course, if I am correct, finding the earlier reference on this website will be extremely difficult, because
1. photobucket's policy sucks bigly
2. the search function here sucks bigly

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2018, 12:53:29 AM »
It would be such a huge improvement to have a better search function again.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2018, 11:39:40 AM »
On the Oldhammer forum they used some sort of programming trick to restore all the photobucket photos one account at a time. Every time someone requested it the photos would reappear. The forum itself hosts a new version of every photo, and then the new photos insert themselves into the appropriate spots. I can't remember where they got the program from, the code (?) that does it all.
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2018, 11:36:50 PM »
On the Oldhammer forum they used some sort of programming trick to restore all the photobucket photos one account at a time. Every time someone requested it the photos would reappear. The forum itself hosts a new version of every photo, and then the new photos insert themselves into the appropriate spots. I can't remember where they got the program from, the code (?) that does it all.

:eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2018, 07:39:15 AM »
They restored every one of my many hundreds of pictures in all my threads on oldhammer using the mysterious method. But it is only mysterious to me because I know very little about constructing forums.
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/