home

Author Topic: Show us your lists!  (Read 3157 times)

Offline Alexis

• Members
Show us your lists!
« on: July 23, 2016, 03:21:05 PM »
Anybody get the handbook yet and make a list? I'm getting my book this week but I'm interested in seeing your lists!
"Dressing a bear in fine silks does not make it civilised, though in the city of Kislev it could pass at court."

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
Re: Show us your lists!
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 02:05:02 PM »
Got the book yesterday and and site made a quick ~1000 point list for the Stormcast I had with me.

L Lord-Celestant on Dracoth
L Lord-Relictor

B 5 Liberators hammer/shield
B 5 Judicators bows
B 5 Judicators xbow

- 5 Retributors

- 1 Gryph Hound

Lost the first campaign thing to a Nurgle warband

L Magoth Lord
L Hero on sick horse thing

B 5 Blight Kings
B 5 Blight Kings
B 5 Blight Kings

I will try and mix and match some other options.

I don't feel I have a strong enough option to put into a ~2000 point list
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Lord_Crom

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 06:52:40 PM »
Thunder strike Brotherhood

Thought I'd put together quick list using starter set force plus extra:

Lord celestant on dracoth
Lord relictor
5 Retributors
10 liberators
5 liberators
3 prosecutors with hammers
Thunderstrike Brotherhood formation

Exactly 1000 points. Only need 5 extra libs for it as well so cheap choice. Not sure how well it fights but looking forward to finding out.

Offline Lord_Crom

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 06:59:14 PM »
Thought I'd do old empire force as well as this is warhammer empire:

Empire General on foot
10 handgunners
10 handgunners
10 greatswords
30 state troops with swords
1 empire cannon
State Trooper Detachment

Exactly 1000 points.

Offline DVeight

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2016, 01:26:12 AM »
The old world reigns in AoS!! We refuse to let go of our ways.

2000 point list

- Celestial Hurricanum
- State Troop Detachment
- Empire General on Warhorse
- Battlemage
- Handgunners x 10
- Handgunners x 10
- Handgunners x 10
- Greatswords x 10
- Cannon
- Cannon
- Gunmaster
- Cannon
- Cannon
- Gunmaster

Yes, lots of cannon's. Reason being my experience has been very poor otherwise with Empire/Freeguilds being tabled. Yes there are numbers in Guard that you can have but when you are trying to hit a tree lord with a 2+ save and re-rolls 1, doesn't matter that you have 40 guard piled all around him.

Cannon is a must for my list to ensure any survivability. Opponents groan and moan when they see them but that is because they can bring down Alariele or Archaon or ancient tree lord or any other behemoth for that matter.

The synergy and dice economy shifts the probabilities in your favour as well. Hurricanum gives +1 to hit for any "Order" unit in ten inches. Yes, that's "order" unit and you need to take note of that as GW have stated in their FAQ that the cannon and crew are separate units. The cannon keywords don't contain "free peoples" so don't use anything that gives "free peoples" bonuses as wont apply to cannon. Only the crew. Hurricanum gives bonus to "order" units. Cannon has the "order" keyword on its warscroll so it applies. Saying this as people have tried to nerf the synergy and argue it doesn't work.

Then the gunmaster gives the re-rolls. So in the end you have a cannon that shoots with 3+ to hit, re-rolling misses and then 2+ to wound. The dice economy is very much in your favour and you will be hurting those monsters on the table. Yes, your cannons will be number 1 target as well. That's why have the max in any pitched battle. :)

Offline Lord_Crom

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2016, 08:36:13 AM »
I actually managed to play last night. Did a 1000 point game and used the territory pitched battle plan (has two objectives on the midline 1 in you territory and another in the enemy's).

My list consisted of things that were built and painted which is why it is a little random.
20 Handgunners there was a longrifle in there.
10 Greatswords
5 Liberators
5 Judicators
1 Lord Castellant (General)
1 Battlemage
Dwarf Cannon

1000 points exactly

His list was as far as I remember:
Thanquol and boneripper (crazy number of points)
2 x 10 units of clan rats
2 x warp throwers
2 x poison wind mortars
2 Rat Ogres
Think his army was 980 so he got a triumph.

I actually won but it came down to the very last roll of the game and most my army was wiped out. Only had 1 Greatsword, the cannon (plus crew) and lord Castellant and the battlemage.

He had 10 clan rats, a poison wind mortar and a warp thrower left. I won with 12 victory points to his 9.

Really close game and Skaven are brutal for their mortal wound output level which is huge.

Offline NPC_Dave

• Members
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2016, 06:04:13 PM »
The synergy and dice economy shifts the probabilities in your favour as well. Hurricanum gives +1 to hit for any "Order" unit in ten inches. Yes, that's "order" unit and you need to take note of that as GW have stated in their FAQ that the cannon and crew are separate units. The cannon keywords don't contain "free peoples" so don't use anything that gives "free peoples" bonuses as wont apply to cannon. Only the crew. Hurricanum gives bonus to "order" units. Cannon has the "order" keyword on its warscroll so it applies. Saying this as people have tried to nerf the synergy and argue it doesn't work.

I am getting up to speed on AoS for the first time for a small 1000 point tournament. Is the bolded section actually correct? The Free Peoples/Empire AoS warscroll pdf actually says the following...

You can add 1 to the hit rolls of any Free People units from your army within range of any Celestial Hurricanum’s Portents of Battle ability when they attack; the range of this ability is shown in the Damage Table above.

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2016, 03:10:12 PM »
The warscroll for the Celestial Hurricanum was updated when the Grand Alliance Order book was released. 
So the newer version is the one that buffs Order rather than just Free Peoples

If you delete and download the version of the warscroll in the app, it will update to the new version

The newer version is also the one listed under their webstore

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Empire-Celestial-Hurricanum
https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls/aos-warscroll-celestial-hurricanum-en.pdf

Offline NPC_Dave

• Members
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2016, 10:28:53 PM »
Thanks!

I see the Luminark also changed, is the Grand Alliance Order book necessary to play or can I get away with just the General's Handbook and the Empire/Free Peoples warscrolls?

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2016, 02:51:10 PM »
Thanks!

I see the Luminark also changed, is the Grand Alliance Order book necessary to play or can I get away with just the General's Handbook and the Empire/Free Peoples warscrolls?

the latter is enough, just check if you didn't miss an update on a warscroll
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Duinila

• Members
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2016, 12:05:41 AM »
The army I regularly play, since my club said that we only do big stuff from 2k points and above. So basically what the I do with it is hold off the enemy with my troops while I give them a bit of a pounding with my artillery :P

Leaders:
Empire General 100
Warrior Priest 80
Warrior Priest 80

Battleline:
30 Statetroops with Halbrds 240
10 Handgunners 100
10 Handgunners 100
20 Greatswords 320

Artillery:
Cannon 180
Cannon 180

Battalion:
State Troop Detachment 120

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2016, 06:39:51 PM »
Haven't played any games left and honestly I just put together a few units to come up with the following;

- Celestial Hurricanum with Wizard (Leader)
- 20 Greatswords
- 20 Freeguild guards with spears
- 10 Handgunners
- 10 Handgunners

Lacks speed though, might need to switch a unit or two for a unit of Pistoliers, Outriders or Knights.
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!